PDA

View Full Version : Help

mrunknown
06-10-2002, 08:19 PM
im cutting out my carbs but im not countin im calories cause im only 15 well heres my question should i have whole milk in the morning with cereal or skim milk cause i could use some extra fat in my diet both whole milk has 5 grams of saturated fat ye sor no I ALSO BOUGHT NATURAL 10 GRAINBREAD BUT IT HAS 2 GRAMS OF HIFH FRUCTOSE SYRUP I ONLY EAT A SLICE A DAY WITH SOME ROAST BEEF IS IT OK WHILE CUTTING IT TASTE DELICOUS AND I HAVE IT AT 12 NOON it also has 3 grams of fiber

Clark
06-10-2002, 08:32 PM
as far as the milk goes, you should definitely have skim milk if you're having cereal. If you are cutting carbs you need to separate your carbs and fat consumption. What I mean is this: if you are having a meal with carbs in it, keep the fat to below 10 grams. If you are having a meal with fat, keep the carbs at a minimum. If you are looking to keep carbs low have meals consisting of some meat (tuna, chicken, beef, etc.), along with some almonds (with no oils or salt added), cheese, and/or natyral peanut butter.

Vido
06-10-2002, 09:11 PM
You're cutting out carbs, but still eating cereal and milk??? Doesn't seem right to me. I suppose you mean you are lowering carbs, not cutting them out, but cereal is a poor choice as far as carbs go anyway.

WannaBeStrong
06-11-2002, 06:01 AM
I got a new cereal the other day called "Uncle Sam." It has whole wheat kernels, whole flaxseed, and barley malt.
Cals: 190
F : 5g
sF: 0.5g
C : 38g
Fb: 10g
S : < 1g
P : 7g

I dig it. Seems "all natural." Tastes good too ;)
I have it at 6:00 am with 1 cup of skim Lactaid milk. Mmmmm lactaid.

mrunknown
06-11-2002, 05:07 PM
well i now the milk is bad but i need some protein in the morning and i always eat whole wheat cereals like cheerios with milk then in the afternoon ill eat a slice of whole wheat bread 15gcarbs 3 fiber 2 sugar with some ham

and why should i not eat fat with carbs

mrunknown
06-11-2002, 05:14 PM
ok im really sorry for annying everybody with all these post but i still have a question will i be able to lose weight while cutting out carbs like 100 grams max a day(only good carbs no sugar) and not cut calories while gaining muscle or at least maintaining

well i now the milk is bad but i need some protein in the morning and i always eat whole wheat cereals like cheerios with milk then in the afternoon ill eat a slice of whole wheat bread 15gcarbs 3 fiber 2 sugar with some ham

and can u answer my previous question about the milk again im sorry

Behemoth
06-11-2002, 05:34 PM
ok im really sorry for annying everybody with all these post but i still have a question will i be able to lose weight while cutting out carbs like 100 grams max a day(only good carbs no sugar) and not cut calories while gaining muscle or at least maintaining
First off I don't think anybody is annoyed, keep asking, we're all here to learn. As for the losing weight while cutting carbs, if you keep your protein and fat the same and cut carbs your cals are going to go down, so do you mean just cut carbs but no other cals? Or do you mean cut carbs and make up for the cals cut with extra fat and protein? Also try to eat fairly heavy carbs in the morning and fade them less and less with each meal, none late at night, speaking from expierence it makes a big difference.

Not totally sure what the question is, but milk is bad because it has lots of sugar, if you going to have keep it as low as you can even if it means dryer cereal. For protein in the morning it's really easy, eat some egg (preferably whites) through in a slice of lean turkey lunchmeat, a piece of lowfat cheese and your golden.

This is one I'd like to have answered for myself, but what I've ~heard~ somehow it gets stored as fat, simple as that, I don't know how or what it does inside your system, just heard fat + carbs = BF. Someone enlighten us.

mrunknown
06-11-2002, 06:11 PM
thanx but im not cutting im lowering my carbs to 120 grams, so trytobebig your telling me in the mornign i could have like 2 cups of cereal 40 grams, and in the noon i could have 2 slcies of bread whole grain 24 grams, and my last meal with carbs id have half a cup of brown rice 60 grams

Behemoth
06-11-2002, 06:26 PM
thanx but im not cutting im lowering my carbs to 120 grams, so trytobebig your telling me in the mornign i could have like 2 cups of cereal 40 grams, and in the noon i could have 2 slcies of bread whole grain 24 grams, and my last meal with carbs id have half a cup of brown rice 60 grams

First off, you only eat 3 meals a day? 6 is optimal. What you suggested is not quite it (also really try to avoid more than 10g carbs for your last meal), here this is how I do it... Meal 1 breakfast 30g carbs, meal 2 snack 15g carbs, meal 3 lunch 30g carbs, meal 4 snack 15g carbs, meal 5 dinner 10g carbs, meal 6 snack 0g carbs. I eat VERY low carbs while cutting as you can tell, but that's not always how it is, heavier early with a fade to maybe none by the 5th meal I do sometimes. All meals have protein in them, and the meals that I don't get many carbs I make sure to get good amounts of fat. You follow?

mrunknown
06-11-2002, 06:31 PM
i eat 5 or 6 meals a day but only 3 meals have carbs well 4 but its only a salad only 2 grams lettuce will i still lose bf

Behemoth
06-11-2002, 06:35 PM
Weight loss depends A LOT MORE than how many carbs you eat, overall diet, sleep and exercise. What I suggest is just try to stay eating clean, and TRY eating a few less carbs faded down like that and see if it works, thats the only your ever going to know, I can't really just tell you whether or not your going to lose weight.

mrunknown
06-11-2002, 07:08 PM
well im doing cardio 5 times a week at 4mph for about 30 mins and i lift 4 times a week for 30 mins and i eat no sugar and im starting a new job nex week where i work doing all kinds of stuff like raking, throwing out stuff, and cleaning outside 8 hours a day that way id be losing about 1500 calories just working

Behemoth
06-11-2002, 07:23 PM
With that much exercise I'd say you could eat a bulking diet and lose weight.

mrunknown
06-11-2002, 07:35 PM
oh ok well i start my job im gonna be eating many more carbs to give me energy especially because i work in the sun

Tiare
06-11-2002, 08:12 PM
I agree that the key is to keep calories below what you are burning and eat clean. The no sugars is ace :thumbup: and I personally like milk so I drink it.

I also tend to cut back on carbs as the day progresses. I get about 70% of my carbs by 2pm and usually eat more fibrous carbs at night (green beans, broccoli, spinach etc) and fruits and such in the morning. Works well for me, I've been cutting about 4lb/week and have only recently started losing lean weight (but I had A LOT of fat available to cut!). I think a lot of it depends on what body/metabolism type you are.

I also do a lot of cardio (65 - 75 intense minutes/day 5 days a week)

Behemoth
06-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Don't forget to drink lots of water, especially if your going to be in the sun!

mrunknown
06-12-2002, 02:14 PM
well im not eating below my maintenace cause im 15 years old and still growin i dunt want to screw up me growin and im just hopin this will help me lose my gut

mrunknown
06-12-2002, 06:58 PM
will it help with all the exercise and no sugar while eating at my maintenance