PDA

View Full Version : Organic Milk?

AiCPearlJam
03-06-2012, 11:17 AM
How much different is Organic Milk? I want to try it with my Nitrean+ but it's $5.50 a gallon at the Wegmans I work at. Is it that much better for you? Any additional benefits to a person who works out?

Alex.V
03-06-2012, 11:28 AM
None whatsoever. Your body truly doesn't know the difference.

And don't believe the hype on hormones. Shit, I WISH the hormones they gave cows had an effect on humans.

mike mcgee
03-06-2012, 04:06 PM
I buy milk at Whole Foods which comes in a glass container. My body can definitely tell the difference between this and the over-processed milk most grocery stores sell. They even offer a milk which is not homogenized. It's called cream-line. It is the BEST milk I have ever drank.

AiCPearlJam, what is the brand? Does Wegman's offer milk from local farms?

AiCPearlJam
03-06-2012, 08:30 PM
The brand is Wegmans Organic Line. I worked tonight and completely forgot to check out the label to see if it's homogenized. I will tomorrow night though. Think I'll make the switch myself for a few weeks and see how it is.

Alex.V
03-06-2012, 09:59 PM
No, really, there is not a shit of difference. I guarantee your body has no clue what is organic and what isn't. Really.

krazylarry
03-07-2012, 01:07 AM
HAHA "but the people selling it to me says its better so it has to be better, its not like that a vested interest in it..."

Seriously every piece of scientific data I have seen backs up there reasoning that organic and non organic is the same thing to your body.

dynamo
03-07-2012, 08:54 AM
wegman's organic milk is homogenized. Do what you want bro, if it makes you feel better compared to regular milk then go ahead and drink up. I've even read reports of pasteurized milk being a big culprit for men's hair loss, but I don't really care. If you want a cause and effect relationship between anything bad enough, you'll find it. Not to mention everyone's body reacts differently to compounds, just listen to your body and other shit like that.

Rileigh
03-07-2012, 10:27 AM
There was a news article here in the paper about a guy who grew organic vegetables of some sort. Can't remember what. I guess the power company put a power line near his farm and he sued them because he couldn't market his stuff as organic anymore.

So yeah.... If something like that means the difference between organic and non-organic...

Runty
03-14-2012, 05:29 AM
Yeah I think the homogenization and pasteurization would play a bigger role in the benefits/lack thereof. Although where I shop I pay between $4-4.50/gallon for Roundy's wholemilk, which is pretty much as generic as you can get. I'd probably pay the extra buck each gallon if I could get it that cheap anywhere around me.

I think the biggest difference you could see is if you found organic raw milk that hasn't gone through any processing, but that stuff is like $7/half gallon around me.

Alex.V
03-14-2012, 08:49 AM
I think the biggest difference you could see is if you found organic raw milk that hasn't gone through any processing, but that stuff is like $7/half gallon around me.

Yeah, and one of the biggest health risks out on the market!

Allen Cress
03-14-2012, 12:03 PM
I would use Almond milk instead, much more nutritional values than regular milk. twice the calcium and I think it tastes much better. If you have any issues with lactose you don't have to worry about it with almond milk

ronymac
03-15-2012, 05:01 AM
In India, where cows are worshipped as gods, these gentle animals live free, walking the streets as protected wards of the state. On Horizon's farms, their "deities" end up tortured, dying alone with great fear and then pain. The blood from their cut throats sprays out by the gallon, staining workers, flooding the slaughterhouse floors, causing the animals to gurgle and choke on their own blood.

Alex.V
03-16-2012, 07:54 AM
The FDA and USDA claim there are no significant differences between organic and regular milk in quality, safety and nutrition. One major advantage of organic milk is that (often) it stays fresh significantly longer than regular pasteurized milk. That is because a different process is used to preserve the milk.

Yah, they basically cook the hell out of it at much higher temps than most regular milk. I hear it does degrade some of the proteins and makes it a bit sweeter. Don't drink it often enough myself to know the difference.