PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys deal with ppl that think your superman?

robertjr93
03-20-2012, 06:49 PM
For instance the other day at my house
Dad: son
Me: Yes
Dad: you lift heavy weights at the gym dont you?
Me: Most of the time
Dad: Well come hold the tractor up while i change the tires then son!
Me: ummm 0_0 i'm not superman tho!

This is only 1 of the many weird things i've been asked to do! Anybody else have anything like this happen to you?

krazylarry
03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
I just hide my cape.

Rugby Dad
03-23-2012, 05:46 PM
you should feel proud
i know it'd ignite my ego

RhodeHouse
03-24-2012, 11:19 AM
People always ask me to help them move because I have a truck and i can pick relatively heavy things up. I usually just say, "No. Look at the size of me. Does it look like I need an extra workout? Clearly, you're the one who needs to be lifting more than I."

When it's your dad, i guess you just suck it up and do it.

ZAR-FIT
03-24-2012, 03:46 PM
i tell them "its just for show"... silly bodybuilder

Alex.V
03-24-2012, 05:27 PM
I actually am superman, so this isn't an issue.

When it gets to be too much, though, I post threads on the internet for attention.

Jonathan E
03-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Everyday

theBarzeen
03-24-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm on the same page as Rhodes.... It'd cost less to get pro movers than it would to feed me enough pizza for me to break even on calories for the day.

Obviously if I can help a buddy or family member I will though....

ScottYard
03-24-2012, 07:32 PM
I always do it.......but I'm always pissed afterwards lol

Harnold
03-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Tell them you are sorry but you're in a hurry, you'll help next time though, and then get to hell out of there before you embarrass yourself. Let them think you are Superman until they find out differently some other day!

vdizenzo
03-26-2012, 05:45 AM
Most people think I'm the hulk. Perhaps that is because I walk around in nothing but green underpants.

Ruff Riff
03-26-2012, 07:51 AM
I have a T shirt that says "yes I am big AND no I won't help you move"! LOL, The way I have always gotten out of helping is that I am not very "gentle" when helping? My patience just isn't that good? Like I would rather just pick the dresser up myself than wait on someone else to get done with a box of towels to help me? My wife thinks I am nuts, I will move all our living room and even upstairs furniture myslelf, when I move stuff into new positions it is like having new stuff! LOL! Couple years ago we got some new living room furniture and needed to move the upstairs "older" stuff to the basement (my man cave), Instead of waiting I just heaved the sofa up and on to my head and carried it out the front door around the house and into the basement door, then the love seat and recliner. My wife said "my god people are going to think you are nuts"? I said "good"! LOL, I love my kids thinking I am the strongest! (although I am not), my son is watching and now into the incredible hulk and he askes me "daddy can you do that"? I want to say yes but then he will probably ask me to go outside and throw the car! He is only 4 but pretty sharp! What is really a shock is how people who DON'T know the sport really think I am strong! They have no idea what STRONG is, I want to say "hell I lift with Travis Bell", but they would just tilt their heads and look at me like I was speaking German! LOL, comes with the territory I guess. I can't imagine what guys like you and Travis go through! Too funny!