PDA

View Full Version : 10 year old girl sets record

Rugby Dad
03-23-2012, 05:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/10-old-naomi-kutin-sets-women-world-lifting-145919498.html

Not trying to sound mean or knock the little girl, but when reading about her record, it got me to thinking: just how meaningful are these records? I mean if a 97lbs 10 year old girl can set a new record in her division, then what does that division or record really mean? Can it truly hold much meaning or bragging rights if a 10 year old girl can smash it?

April Mathis
03-23-2012, 06:13 PM
How many adults do you know under 97lbs. though? Especially that lift weights and compete? I think that's the answer that it is such a light weight class there is not a lot of competition. Still an over 200lbs. raw squat at 10 years old is impressive regardless.

I also think that now that there are a lot more female lifters competing than in the last couple decades, that the records will all keep moving up very substantially for awhile.

Dank27
03-23-2012, 08:41 PM
I think this is the same story that sparked a huge debate not to long ago. I believe it was posted on here by the girls father and after about 10 pages of back and forth nonsense the thread was locked.

Lets see how this one turns out!

Murderous
03-23-2012, 09:25 PM
I think this is the same story that sparked a huge debate not to long ago. I believe it was posted on here by the girls father and after about 10 pages of back and forth nonsense the thread was locked.

Lets see how this one turns out!Correct. Her father posted a vid of her in training do a squat morning (although it was still impressive) I said she could "bust a disc in her back" and everyone said the same thing, including people who have actually busted their discs in that fashion, also people said she could bust her knees from having them cave in, read here... http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?147165-10-year-old-Naomi-Kutin-squatting-205-for-2.-Training-for-Raw-Unity-Meet-in-January&highlight=naomi+kutin

BTW those yahoo news editors were too dumb to write that the sport is powerlifting not merely saying weightlifting...

thecityalive
03-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Not this fucking girl again...