PDA

View Full Version : Why no cardio supplements?

D-RAS03
03-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Their are a ton of supplements for gaining muscle but never see anything to help cardio. Why not? Thanks

Altephor
03-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Because this is wannabebig, not wannarunmarathons.

D-RAS03
03-23-2012, 10:32 PM

LOL. I know. I'm a bodybuilder but need an extra kick for cardio and curious why their isn't anything.

Alex.V
03-24-2012, 08:41 AM

pfft, shut it.

D-RAS- try Results. Anti-catabolic (HMB) + beta alanine (improves work capacity) + creatine... it's been awesome- I've ramped up my cardio volume to around 12-15 hours a week, and have lost ZERO strength. It also seems to be helping the cardio directly- I'm faster on hills, lose less energy on sprints....

chris mason
03-24-2012, 08:58 AM
We do sell supplements to enhance both strength endurance and pure endurance. As Alex mentioned RESULTS is one. ETS is another and AXCEL is yet another.

D-RAS03
03-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Awesome. Thanks guys.

AiCPearlJam
03-26-2012, 10:09 AM
I use Axcel mostly to boost my cardio motivation and energy. It works great

D-RAS03
03-26-2012, 01:34 PM
I use Axcel mostly to boost my cardio motivation and energy. It works great

I have been thinking of Axcel but don't like the list of warnings. I may or may not do things it says not to mix.

ScottYard
03-27-2012, 06:38 PM
I like Axcel an hour before my sprints workouts. Gives me plenty of kick.

D-RAS03
03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
I like Axcel an hour before my sprints workouts. Gives me plenty of kick.

How does it compare to like NO-Xplode?

Rileigh
03-28-2012, 05:50 AM
I take something fairly close to results (has creatine, HMB but has glycine instead of beta Alinine also adds a few things like l-arginine). I can also vouch for these ingredients as being very helpful for endurance. I've only been back into running for 2 weeks or so now and have already surpassed where I was when I was running regularly two years ago.

larsen540
03-28-2012, 07:37 AM
I use results and ets both work great

Harnold
03-28-2012, 12:28 PM
How does it compare to like NO-Xplode?

In my experience NO Explode sucks man, just my 2cents. Used to be decent when it first came out, but my buddies and I all agree they changed something, and don't have the old package to compare ingredients between the two.

D-RAS03
03-28-2012, 02:22 PM
In my experience NO Explode sucks man, just my 2cents. Used to be decent when it first came out, but my buddies and I all agree they changed something, and don't have the old package to compare ingredients between the two.

I have No-xplode and used it for a while before lifting with good results. I quit using it though because it would make me way to shaky. It did give me a good amount of energy for lifting.

D-RAS03
03-28-2012, 02:28 PM
I do have RESULTS and ETS on hand but I did quit using them. I quit using everything. My doctor told me to stop everything until I figured out what was going on with my heart. This thread has to do also with my thread about "Cardio help" that I have in the weight lifting section. I need to start taking my supplements again. Start lifting again and get my cardio in their. I want to give Axcel a try. Does it give you any shaky feeling? Any undesirable side effects?

Behemoth
03-28-2012, 03:07 PM
You became less sensitive to this stimulants in it that's all. NO-xplode has no value outside of them.

I do have RESULTS and ETS on hand but I did quit using them. I quit using everything. My doctor told me to stop everything until I figured out what was going on with my heart. This thread has to do also with my thread about "Cardio help" that I have in the weight lifting section. I need to start taking my supplements again. Start lifting again and get my cardio in their. I want to give Axcel a try. Does it give you any shaky feeling? Any undesirable side effects?
What did they figure out about your heart? Why do you "need to start taking supplements again"? And are you cleared by the doc(s) to take supplements (especially those containing stimulants) again?

Rileigh
03-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Supplements are overrated. I have a friend who doesn't use a think. Not even protein. He gets great results because he eats properly.

D-RAS03
03-28-2012, 03:52 PM
What did they figure out about your heart? Why do you "need to start taking supplements again"? And are you cleared by the doc(s) to take supplements (especially those containing stimulants) again?

Basically I was going Tachycardia. Which from what I found out is just being out of cardio shape. My doctor is mostly looking for money and made it seem it was much worse than what it is. I have made improvements so far and don't have any of the symptoms I did before my cardio workouts. I need to start my supplements again and start lifting again as I haven't lifted in 2012 yet. Only cardio workouts this year.