PDA

View Full Version : A new wrinkle to the Last Man Standing Bench Contest

vdizenzo
03-26-2012, 10:01 AM
There will be two divisions, a lightweight and a heavyweight. The lightweight will be the 220 class and under and the bar weight will start at 550. Gene will be throwing $250 in prize money in to go along with the cash from the $50 entry.

Same goes for the heavyweights, I'm putting in $250 and each $50 entry goes into the winner pot as well. The bar will start at 700 for the heavyweights.

Any tie goes to the lighter lifter. Do not confuse this with a formula, no formula is being used here. If you are a lighter guy don't think you don't have a chance. I have seen plenty of bombs in my years lifting. The cool thing about having the two classes is that it will give lifters time between rounds. We will run a round of lightweights and then a round of heavyweights and then repeat until we are done.

This is going to be a great contest. It's being held at the RPS PA States in Lancaster PA on 7/28.

The heavyweights who have thrown their shirt in the ring so to speak are me, Travis Bell, Rob Luyando, Rob "Tee Tee" McCray, Chris Smith, and Brandon Lilly.

Gene says he has a number of lightweights interested presently. We will post names as we get them.

mike95763
03-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Vinny, would a lifter be allowed to change shirts during the competition? Based on earlier discussions I would guess no, but I am still curious. I could probably touch 550 in my current shirt, but I would have to get out of the groove a fair bit and really struggle to touch. It would probably make 550 harder than 650.

vdizenzo
03-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Yes, you can change shirts between attempts. Just a reminder to everyone, there will be no skipping of attmepts.

SEOINAGE
03-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Awesome. I like the two weight class idea. Looking forward to seeing footage of this event.

ScottYard
03-27-2012, 06:36 PM
I think this has alot of potential Vinny. It may just the the most appropriate format for equipped benching. Multiple attempts and a last man standing approach.

larsen540
03-28-2012, 07:33 AM
This is going to be a great event