PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning / Washing a canvas squat suit?

-JM-
04-01-2012, 04:42 AM
Does anybody know if there are any effective ways to clean a leviathan without obviously interfering with the integrity?

Mine is pretty filthy and has some dodgy brown stains around the legs and crotch after being steeped in water so that the legs could be stretched. To the the casual onlooker it just looks like the remnants of a massive shart.

Any advice, tips, tricks welcome. Thanks.

theBarzeen
04-01-2012, 12:43 PM
I've always just washed my canvas suits in cold water and air dried them. But I've never done that with a Leviathan, just Overkill and Frantz suits so I can't say for sure if some magic Inzer juju in the suit will be washed away forever or not. Just that it worked fine for my canvas suits.

Or, just spray paint it black and call it a day.

Brian C
04-03-2012, 09:16 AM
"Or, just spray paint it black and call it a day"

Boom! Black spraypaint. Dont want to wash away all that awesomeness ;)

thecityalive
04-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Perhaps this is just a testament to my lack of knowledge of the gear, but can't you dry clean it?

That or just get some fabric dye and go to town.

theBarzeen
04-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Perhaps this is just a testament to my lack of knowledge of the gear, but can't you dry clean it?

That or just get some fabric dye and go to town.
Not sure about dry cleaning.... but it's be funny to see the dry cleaner's face when you brought it in.

Dying it is hit or miss..... some guys do okay dying a suit, but when I died my old Frantz canvas it lost a lot of pop, never was the same.

-JM-
04-04-2012, 03:29 AM
Thanks Barzeen. I just went for cold water and air drying. Its been drying since Sunday now and still not fully there yet. It is slightly cleaner but not much. Not a huge deal. Id rather it kept that 'juju' :)

Rob, I would love to see the dry cleaners face. Im pretty sure most would just say no. I can just imagine it now as a huge explosion is heard from the back and the dry cleaner finds his washing machine reduced to smoke and shrapnel and amidst it all just stands the (clean) unscathed leviathan.

Brian, I cant believe you are trying to trick me into spraying it just so that you can call me Pigpen.

thecityalive
04-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Don't dry cleaners work with steam...not a tumbler? With that said, isn't it just possible to find one of those steam cleaners to get rid of those stains? That, or you could channel Billy Mays and use the Oxi Clean.

Brian C
04-04-2012, 11:35 AM
"Brian, I cant believe you are trying to trick me into spraying it just so that you can call me Pigpen. "
Hahaha passing on the good name!

Kstone113
04-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Most people wear briefs under a canvas. If it really smells, febreze it and let it air dry.