PDA

View Full Version : My meet writeup with video

vdizenzo
04-01-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't really know where to start with this writeup, so I'll just jump in first with the results. I competed in the 275 class which was only an 8 lb cut for me. I opened with 535 which surprisingly enough was a pr. I only lifted raw one other time in the 275 class and I jumped from 525 to 600 which I missed.

On my second at this meet I went with 570. That was actually a weight I had missed in training. Well, I did not miss it this time. It was a bit of a grinder, but it was good. I am glad my lifting has evolved to the point where I can grind weight. It used to be I'd explode to the top or miss it.

With 570 being a struggle I decided on 580 for a third. Rhodes was going to call for 600, but I did not think it was realistic at the moment. Id didn't matter either way as I missed the attempt.

I am so grateful I changed my perspective on lifting a few weeks ago. I very much want to hit 600 raw in my third weight class. However, that number puts pressure on me and causes me unnecessary anxiety. It really takes the pleasure out of training and competing for me.

I feel great knowing I did not leave anything on the platform. That 570 was all I had in me. That does not mean I don't want the 600. I just have to keep working harder and make the necessary adjusments to get stronger. The 570 is a lift I am proud of.

This was a great learning experience. Brian Holloway worked with me on developing a block program for this cycle (I have been training solely conjugate style for years). Now block can be interpreted in a number of ways. Going through it, I know there were some things I liked and some I did not. Rhodes, Brian, and I are working on something to address the amount on singles in our program. I like the cns and form work one gets in conjugate style training with all the single work, but I also like the volume in block. So Brian is furiously working on addressing this for us.

My recovery, conditioing, and nutrition work is on point. If anything I just want to train more and harder. I am really going to be pushing up my squat and deadlft training which was lacking for various reasons. For now, I am going to get back in the shirt for a while, but I will get back to my raw goals again. You can count on it.

Here's the part where I thank the world and rightfully so. I am so grateful to a lot of people when it comes to my lifting. My wife and family who support and put up with me. Chris Mason with AtLargeNutrition who supply me with top quality supplements. Dave and the ElitFTS team who support my lifting needs. Kiefer with Dangerously Hardcore who dials in my nutrition. Last, but not least our lifting team. Rhodes, Karsten, Drew, E, Josh, Brian, and Tee. We have a lot of fun and get a lot of work done. They are like a second family.

A shout about the meet. There were over 80 lifters. Gene and Ame did an awesome job. Thanks to all the spotters, loaders, and judges. The meet can't run without them. It was great seeing so many old friends as well as making some new ones. Powerlifters are some of the best people on the planet. It was a hugely supportive and fun atmosphere. Glad I was able to be a part of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u0RforFm-Q

theBarzeen
04-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Strong lifts big man.

Travis Bell
04-01-2012, 02:05 PM
That is some awesome benching Vin! Super strict too.

chris mason
04-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Good job Vincent!

AZBengoshi
04-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Nice lift. Brutally strong. You'll have to keep us updated regarding changes to your training and how those pan out.

ScottYard
04-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Nice write up Vinny. 570 is huge at 275.

larsen540
04-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Great job Vinny

RhodeHouse
04-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Vincent you did a hell of a job on Saturday. The 570 was a great lift. I look forward to your training for the Europa.

banger
04-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Nice work Vin, that 535 looked like a warmup! Your vids are the definition of what setup and leg-drive really are in the bench. Once again, congratulations!