PDA

View Full Version : Back at it!

Beast
04-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi all,
After a several year hiatus due to school, etc, I'm glad to come back to these awesome forums. A little about me... been training intermittently for around 10 years. I go through powerlifter phases and beach body phases, reason being the main reason why I lift is to have fun. I've learned a lot through these forums over the years, and can't wait to communicate with old friends.
Currently, I'm doing a body recomp, which has been largely successful so far. I have not had a good diet in 2 years, so it left me with some flab and loss of strength. Now that my schedule is going to be much easier for the rest of my life, it's time to get more serious.
Over the two months, I've been able to shed fat and gain strength at the same time just by eating properly. My diet mainly consists of Trader Joe's 96% lean beef, flax seeds, almonds, oatmeal, lots of ALN Nitrean, and the occasional hospital meal. My supplements are ALN Nitrean, iForce Maximize Intense preworkout, and ALN creatine. As long as I hit 1g/lb of bodyweight (~185lb currently) per day, I really don't keep track of the rest of the calories.
My workouts are kept simple, as you'll see. I always jog for 10 mins to get warmed up. I start with one compound movement and get around 5 heavy working sets, and then do about 4 more exercises of between 6-12 reps. A lot of what I do is based on how I feel that day.
Here is my workout from yesterday:
Flat BB bench: Warmup x3 sets, 245 x6, 265 x4, 275 x3, 275 x2, 275 x2. I haven't been able to hit 275 for a few years, so this felt good!
3-4 sets of 6-12 of HS decline, machine flyes, machine dips (I don't pay attention to the weight, really)

Rileigh
04-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Strong benching for just getting back at it bro! Keep it up!

Beast
04-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks, bro!

Back today.
Yates rows: warmup x4, 205x8, 215x6, 225x5, 225x5, 235x4+2, 235x4+2
followed by 3-4 sets of chins, seated cable rows, HS rows

chevelle2291
04-03-2012, 05:30 PM
mirin join date.

nice back training as well.

cphafner
04-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Damn, welcome back

Coke
04-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Wow, this is a sight for sore eyes - good deal indeed to see you posting again man.

Beast
04-05-2012, 03:32 PM
CP - Thanks, bro.

Cokie - Glad to see you're still here!

Leg day today
ATF squats: warmup x4 sets, 225x8, 245x6, 245x6, 255x5, 255x4, 255x3, 225x3
Then a few sets of leg presses and DB lunges
Was happy and surprised to have a good set of squats, since I've gotten poor sleep over the past few nights. Anyone who works night shifts knows what I'm talking about!

That being said, a patient was brought in last night for an assault evaluation. I walked in, and, fuck the patient, the cop who was there for the police report was hot. I'm talking really hot. How many of you have actually seen a hot cop??? More importantly, how crazy would a hot girl be to go into law enforcement???
Blew my mind.

Coke
04-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Good deal on both the leg work and great eye candy on the fly, lol - no doubt you were caught by surprise.

StickyMickey
04-06-2012, 01:24 PM
I've seen a couple of cops that were smoking hot. I can't imagine being a woman dealing with so many shitheads.

Nice squatting. What do you do in the hospital?

Invain
04-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Been a few old members posting on here again lately it seems. Welcome back.

Beast
04-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Good deal on both the leg work and great eye candy on the fly, lol - no doubt you were caught by surprise.
I'm telling you, man, I've never seen a hot cop before. Guess I need to get out more, lol. She must be crazy, though.

I've seen a couple of cops that were smoking hot. I can't imagine being a woman dealing with so many shitheads.

Nice squatting. What do you do in the hospital?
Agreed. I'm an ER physician. Never a dull moment...

Been a few old members posting on here again lately it seems. Welcome back.
Thanks, man. I lost it for a while, then caught the lifting bug again. Need to get as big as you. :thumbup:

Shoulders today.
BB front raises: warmupx4, 115x8, 125x8, 135x8, 135x8, 140x6, 140x5 dropped to 95x10
followed by DB laterals, Smith shrugs, cable laterals, and machine rear laterals

I'm trying to get my shoulders, especially my side delts, bigger. Any suggestions?

Coke
04-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Obviously no problem with the front delts, those numbers are huge. Just hang tough with db laterals, those will do the trick for side delts - slightly vary your angles while doing 'em too.

Beast
04-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Will try, Coke.

Curl jockey today
BB curls: warmupx3, 85x8, 95x8, 105x8, 105x8, 110x6+2, 110x6+2, 110x4+2, 85x5 superset with tricep rope pushdowns
EZ bar skull crushers: warmupx3, 35s x8, 35s x8, 40s x6, 40s x6 superset with standing alternating DB curls

Hard shift today... I actually cried for the first time I've been doing this for 2 years. I had to tell a guy that his wife was going to be braindead, and something about the way he looked at me, tearful, and said, "We just had our 35th anniversary" just really got to me. What a hard job I've chosen!

Coke
04-08-2012, 04:51 PM
I have a couple of family members in the medical field, and do not envy the position you all have of trying to be objective and as emotionally distant as possible while also understanding or having empathy with certain patients and their loved ones. No doubt the lifting will become even more valuable as you move along to help buffer you, especially in your challenging career.

StickyMickey
04-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Nice, I'm a rural area EMT. ER Docs get much props in my book. As long as they aren't dicks.

Those are sick front raises. Keep it up.

Beast
04-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Cokie: Agreed. I love it, though. It's an honor for people to have their lives in your hands!

Sticky: Awesome, man. Lots of respect for our prehospital workers. Y'all have an equally tough job.

Chest today
Decline BB press:
warmup x3, 225x8, 245x6, 245x6, 245x5, 250x3, 250x3
Haven't done decline in a while, but don't most people have stronger numbers with decline than flat bench?
Followed by DB flat bench, Hammer Strength press, cable crossovers.

Coke
04-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Good deal on the declines, that's one movement that takes a backseat, especially with me, lol.

Alex.V
04-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Carried over from my journal:

She's a third year... seriously considering anesthesiology.

So what hospital you work in?

Beast
04-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Good deal on the declines, that's one movement that takes a backseat, especially with me, lol.
Yeah, I'll probably do them for the next few weeks just to do a different exercise.

She's a third year... seriously considering anesthesiology.

So what hospital you work in?
Nice. Gas is a good specialty. I thought about it. With all of the CRNA involvement now, it is extremely chill. I think you're in NC like me, which has one of the strongest CRNA associations in the country. She should consider an away elective at the beginning of 4th year to get some more exposure to the field in a different environment, and possibly solidify her decision. I work at CMC in Charlotte, but am going to be moving in a few months to Georgia for a new job.

Back day
Sumo DLs
warmupx3, 275x8, 295x 6, 315x5, 315x4, 315x3
Felt pretty good... haven't done them in a few years. Forgot how tired DLs make you!
Followed by corner BB rows, underhand pulldowns, machine rows.

Time+Patience
04-11-2012, 05:43 AM
Cokie - Glad to see you're still here!
Coke is never going to leave! When he does, I hope that he doesn't just fade into the background. Let us know when you go Coke.

I worked 3rd shift for nearly 2 years. Tough stuff with regards to getting a sleep schedule going. Then I switched to 2nd shift. I was able to have a better schedule on 2nd. I'd lift around 9am, but that's when I had a gym set up in the basement.

I miss my home-gym! It was pretty damn nice when i think back on it.

Oh well....

What part of North Carolina? Would love to nab a job down there and make the big move as a family. Love the weather and the scenery.

Rileigh
04-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Nice deadlifting! It's going to come back quick. You mentioned you lifted previously - do you know/remember what your previous max lifts were?

Alex.V
04-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I'll probably do them for the next few weeks just to do a different exercise.

Nice. Gas is a good specialty. I thought about it. With all of the CRNA involvement now, it is extremely chill. I think you're in NC like me, which has one of the strongest CRNA associations in the country. She should consider an away elective at the beginning of 4th year to get some more exposure to the field in a different environment, and possibly solidify her decision. I work at CMC in Charlotte, but am going to be moving in a few months to Georgia for a new job.

Back day
Sumo DLs
warmupx3, 275x8, 295x 6, 315x5, 315x4, 315x3
Felt pretty good... haven't done them in a few years. Forgot how tired DLs make you!
Followed by corner BB rows, underhand pulldowns, machine rows.

I think she's doing just that- away rotation at MUSC, in fact. We are in NC- I'm with Strategic Planning at UNCH (where she's at school)

Corner BB rows- T-bar style?

Beast
04-11-2012, 04:14 PM
I miss my home-gym! It was pretty damn nice when i think back on it.

What part of North Carolina? Would love to nab a job down there and make the big move as a family. Love the weather and the scenery.
Man, I honestly lack the discipline for the home gym stuff. I need to have motivation around me, you know?
I'm in Charlotte and love it. It's a really nice, clean city that's separated into several different neighborhoods with their own feel/population. It has been slowly revamped over the years. I would rather stay here, but just couldn't refuse the Georgia job! Might move back here later in life. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Nice deadlifting! It's going to come back quick. You mentioned you lifted previously - do you know/remember what your previous max lifts were?
At my strongest in college, I had a 325 bench and 405 DL - but I was ~30 pounds heavier and had more body fat. I'm relying on muscle memory to serve me well right now, lol

I think she's doing just that- away rotation at MUSC, in fact. We are in NC- I'm with Strategic Planning at UNCH (where she's at school)

Corner BB rows- T-bar style?
She'll have fun there - y'all will like Charleston, I bet, although I know a lot of people who love CH. They don't have a gas residency where I am. And I meant corner rows Ronnie-style - plain barbell stuck in the corner with a cable machine grip wrapped around it.

Shoulders
BB upright rows - warmupx3, 115x8, 125x8, 135x8, 145x6+2, 140x5+2, 150x4 with dropset
Followed by machine rear delt flys, DB laterals, cable front raises

Work the next 5 nights in a row, starting in the most painful part of the ED tonight... wish me luck, bros. At least I got my midnight pound of meat meal already cooked, haha.

Coke
04-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Nice job for both days, like the back and shoulder work.

Beast
04-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Cokie: Thanks

Curl jockey
Skull crushers: warmup x2, 95x8, 105x6, 105x6, 105x6, 110x4+2, 110x4+2
superset with
DB curls: warmup x2, 40x8, 40x8, 45x5+2, 45x5+2
followed by a few sets of cable arm stuff

Felt real shitty yesterday for some reason. Probably contracted a viral syndrome or something and ended up sleeping basically all day. Feel back at it, now, though. Time to hit night #3 of 5. Hopefully I'll get lucky again and not have to examine any nasty vajayjays tonight.

Invain
04-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Man, I honestly lack the discipline for the home gym stuff. I need to have motivation around me, you know?

I'm the same way. Something about having other people around. I was going to a small ass gym when I was living with my parents after college, I swear I'd feel weaker whenever I'd lift on the weekend and was the only one in the gym.

Coke
04-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Worked those guns very well dude.

f=ma
04-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Hopefully I'll get lucky again and not have to examine any nasty vajayjays tonight.

how do you maintain composure through that? i would just have a look of physical disgust and contempt the entire time

solid work in here! i also prefer the gym atmosphere over home gyms. on the other hand, i hate people. in conclusion, my own gym within a gym would be ideal.

Beast
04-16-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm the same way. Something about having other people around. I was going to a small ass gym when I was living with my parents after college, I swear I'd feel weaker whenever I'd lift on the weekend and was the only one in the gym.
Agreed.

Worked those guns very well dude.
Thanks! Arms are so fun to train. I wish the pump I got was permanent, though, hehe.

how do you maintain composure through that? i would just have a look of physical disgust and contempt the entire time
Not quite sure, bro. You just get used to it. I've literally seen hundreds of them, and unfortunately for not the right reasons lol. :(

Legz
ATF squats: warmupx3, 225x8, 245x6, 245x6, 245x6, 265x2
followed by leg presses and DB lunges

Not too bad, considering I'm operating on 5 hours of sleep right now... just glad to be done with nights for a little while.

Time+Patience
04-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Do you bother with the weight on lunges? Do you just like to get after it and get the feel on them?

I did them last week... I always forget how much they hit that ham/glute area. I was using a longer stride for them.

Coke
04-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Leg session is ace man.

Rileigh
04-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Good job sticking with the workout on a lack of sleep! Nice squatting. Wish I could do atf squats. I just don't have the flexibility yet. But it's come a long way in the past 3-4 weeks I've been working on it.

Beast
04-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Do you bother with the weight on lunges? Do you just like to get after it and get the feel on them?

I did them last week... I always forget how much they hit that ham/glute area. I was using a longer stride for them.
Yeah, I usually do them every leg workout, and always use weight. Used the 60s for that session. I just stand in one area to do them because my gym isn't big enough to actually walk around in. They are a grip workout, too!

Leg session is ace man.
Thanks.

Good job sticking with the workout on a lack of sleep! Nice squatting. Wish I could do atf squats. I just don't have the flexibility yet. But it's come a long way in the past 3-4 weeks I've been working on it.
Yeah, I've always done ATFs. They feel natural to me, and I haven't had any knee problems to date with them.

Boobs
Flat bench: warmupx3, 245x6, 255x3, 255x2, 255x3, 255x3 dropped to 225x5
Then HS press, incline flyes, and some machine shiznit.

There was no one in the gym today that was heavier than 150 pounds. So unmotivating. :(

Bako Lifter
04-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Geez, I'd find that really motivating being the biggest one in the gym haha. Nice benching.

Coke
04-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Solid benching and all bro.

Beast
04-20-2012, 03:58 AM
Thanks, y'all.

Back
Sumo DLs: warmupx4, 275x6, 325x6, 345x5, 355x4, 355x3, 355x3 - was happy with the progression here.
followed by corner rows with 4 plates, chris mason-style underhanded pulldowns, DB rows, HS high rows.

Great workout. I think my recovery sweet-spot is a week.
Aight, time to go to bed. One more night shift tonight and done for a while. W00t.

Coke
04-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Fine effort for the back.

Beast
04-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks, Captain.

Shoulders
BB upright rows: warmup x4, 125x10, 135x6, 135x6, 140x6, 145x5, 145x5 dropped to 95x10
followed by standing Smith presses, assorted machine lateral stuff.

Anyone have lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) before from weightlifting? I can usually push through stuff like this, but it gets so aggravated by side laterals and upright rows. So fucking annoying. I know I should just take a break from movements that aggravate it, but I want hyooge delts.

Coke
04-20-2012, 10:35 PM
I have the same symptoms too at times, luckily it comes and goes. What helped me in the past was some glucosamine chondroitin tablets, discomfort subsided after a couple of weeks in my case. Good luck with that.

Beast
04-22-2012, 04:11 PM
I have the same symptoms too at times, luckily it comes and goes. What helped me in the past was some glucosamine chondroitin tablets, discomfort subsided after a couple of weeks in my case. Good luck with that.

Fuck man, I would just feel weird taking glucosamine and being less than 65 years of age, lol. Maybe I need to try it.

Gunz
BB curls: warmup x3, 105x8, 115x8, 115x7, 115x7, 115x5+2 dropped to 95x5
Straight bar skull crushers: warmup x3, 35s x8, 40s x6, 40sx 5, 40s x5 <- not sure how much this bar weighs, but I'm guessing as much as a standard EZ curl bar
followed by DB alternating curls, rope pushdowns, and some machine stuff until gym closing.

Felt like my arms were gonna explode. I'm sure I looked like an inflated lat syndrome d-bag.

Bako Lifter
04-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Aren't upright rows infamous for elbow/cuff pain/injuries? I use dumbells when I do them, I find it to be much more comfortable. And the cleanz hit the traps harder than anything!!

Beast
04-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Aren't upright rows infamous for elbow/cuff pain/injuries? I use dumbells when I do them, I find it to be much more comfortable. And the cleanz hit the traps harder than anything!!

I gotta tell ya, I've never had any shoulder issues with upright rows (or in general). I do them with elbows parallel and not higher. Never had elbow issues until recently. Maybe I'll try the DBs, thanks.

Wheels
ATF squats: warmup x3, 245x5, 245x5, 245x4, 245x4, 245x4, 225x5
followed by leg presses and DB lunges.

Got 6 hours of sleep last night, so I'm blaming that for my lack of strength today. Sigh. I even had a cheat meal last night, too.

On a side note, is Kevin Levrone anyone else's fav bodybuilder? I swear, I cannot see how this guy never won the Olympia. No one in the past or present compares to him when he was in top conditioning, IMHO. His side most-muscular pose is the best I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja7sucemYpo

Coke
04-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Levrone is indeed one of the all time greats, my own cousin used to say Levrone was the best.

Very nice with the arm and leg work.

Alex.V
04-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Anyone have lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) before from weightlifting? I can usually push through stuff like this, but it gets so aggravated by side laterals and upright rows. So fucking annoying. I know I should just take a break from movements that aggravate it, but I want hyooge delts.

Curious, what's your elbow position like when you do presses and DB flyes?

Beast
04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Levrone is indeed one of the all time greats, my own cousin used to say Levrone was the best.

Very nice with the arm and leg work.
Yeah, he was sick!

Curious, what's your elbow position like when you do presses and DB flyes?
Tucked in as much as I can with presses, although I guess there's no reliable way I can see it myself. I've gotten comments from spotters about how tucked in I am, though, since most gym-goers want "nin3ty d3greez f0r big peczz!" I just clench my shoulder blades back as tight as I can. DB flyes are no greater than 75 degrees or so. Again, I've never had this problem before. :(

Chest
BB bench: warmup x3, 235x5, 235x4, 235x3, 235x3, 235x3, 225x5
followed by HS declines and machine flyes.

Strength is going down. I think it's time to change my routine soon or something, although my food and sleep this week has been shitty. I've been carb starving a bit since my friend is having a beach wedding this weekend. Any recommendations?

Bako Lifter
04-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Don't hospitals have milk machines? Like the soda dispenser, but milk? I'd take advantage of that when eating good is difficult on your schedule. I wish I had one of those in my house lol. One day....

Time+Patience
04-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Fuck man, I would just feel weird taking glucosamine and being less than 65 years of age, lol. Maybe I need to try it.
Give it a shot! I took started taking it a few months back, consistently. I had some low back issues and couldn't pin point it, but I started taking Gluc-Chon and the issues I had with my low-back subsided and have stayed down. Can DL, squat, and the like with no issues. There are still certain movements that aren't conducive to my back.

Coke
04-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Strength is going down... Any recommendations?

This is all hills and valleys man, strength is going to stagnate at moments along the way no matter what. We can tweak things here and there to help out the matter, but sometimes we are forced to go with the flow before gaining momentum again.

Beast
04-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Don't hospitals have milk machines? Like the soda dispenser, but milk? I'd take advantage of that when eating good is difficult on your schedule. I wish I had one of those in my house lol. One day....
Yeah we have an infinite milk supply, but I don't think my colleagues/patients would be able to stand my gas lol

Give it a shot! I took started taking it a few months back, consistently. I had some low back issues and couldn't pin point it, but I started taking Gluc-Chon and the issues I had with my low-back subsided and have stayed down. Can DL, squat, and the like with no issues. There are still certain movements that aren't conducive to my back.
Might try it if it doesn't get better soon. I'm going to drop upright rows for now and see if it will heal.

This is all hills and valleys man, strength is going to stagnate at moments along the way no matter what. We can tweak things here and there to help out the matter, but sometimes we are forced to go with the flow before gaining momentum again.
Thanks, hopefully there will be some momentum soon.

Back
Sumo DLs: warmup x4, 335x5, 335x5, 335x5, 335x5, 335x3, 225x8
followed by a few sets of cable rows
Only had 40 mins, so had to make the workout quick!

Saw a funny patient last night with trichophagia who was like "Please, I need someone to cut the hairball out of my stomach!" I was like wtf, that shit cray. Ended up CT scanning her anyway and of course it was normal. I should have known that it would be impossible to convince her that she didn't, in fact, have a hairball in her stomach. Psychiatry consult, please!
There are some weird people in this world, that's for sure.

Coke
04-27-2012, 01:23 PM
That's putting in work Doc, lol...great focus with the sumos.

Bako Lifter
04-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Haha, that shit cray.

Beast
04-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Tru dat, Coke and Bako.

ME bench
warmup x3
245 x3
275 x2
280 x2
285 x1 +2 spotted
followed by incline DB flyes, skull crushers, and smith machine millies

Went to a friend's wedding this weekend and had a blast. Figured it was a good time to change the routine up a bit. Going to incorporate ME/DE days with hypertrophy stuff mixed in, la Belial's routine. Will see how my body handles it, but good start today. Haven't done a 1RM in a long time. Nearly had 2 full reps on 285.

Weather is absolutely perfect in CLT now... that means there's going to be a lot of trauma this evening. :swear:

Bako Lifter
04-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Nice, bench is shootin up quick.

Coke
04-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Good day on the bench.

Beast
05-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks, Bako and Cokie.

ME sumos
warmup x4, 315 x3, 345 x1, 365 x1, 385 x1, 395 x1, 315 x5, 225 x5 <- felt really good with these. I had presyncope at the top of 395, though. Anyone know how to prevent this? Maybe spending less time squatted down in the sumo position before the pull since this causes a lot of blood to pool into my lower body.
Then a few sets of cable rows, machine preacher curlz, machine laterals, and pulldowns.

Bought a crock pot today. Time to increase my kcals!

Coke
05-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Generous output going on these days.

Time+Patience
05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Nice #'s on both ME sessions. Damn near 300 and 400... it's only a matter of time. Next ME workout for the 400 DL.

Rileigh
05-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Bought a crock pot today. Time to increase my kcals!

Crock pots are amazing. I use mine probably 2-3 work days each week. Stew, ham and different roasts are a staple in my house. :)

Great job on the workouts! Had to look up presyncope to find out what it meant. But what you said makes sense if you're spending a lot of time before the pull - can't say I've ever experienced that.

Beast
05-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Generous output going on these days.
Thanks. Need to get up to your strength.

Nice #'s on both ME sessions. Damn near 300 and 400... it's only a matter of time. Next ME workout for the 400 DL.
Yeah bro, I'll get it.

Crock pots are amazing. I use mine probably 2-3 work days each week. Stew, ham and different roasts are a staple in my house. :)

Great job on the workouts! Had to look up presyncope to find out what it meant. But what you said makes sense if you're spending a lot of time before the pull - can't say I've ever experienced that.
Yeah, made stew with it yesterday with 3 pounds of beef. I wanna be hyooge lol.
And the presyncope thing... I basically nearly passed out at the top. Eep.

Cardio <- I do this every once and a while. :)
Jog x34 minutes

Beast
05-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Legs
warmup x4
245 x3
265 x2
275 x1
285 x1
290 x1
295 x1
300 x1
305 x1
310 x1
225 x6
followed by a few sets of leg presses

Okay, so my current maxes are bench 285, DL 395, and squat 310. Let's get those bitches up!

Coke
05-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Okay, so my current maxes are bench 285, DL 395, and squat 310. Let's get those bitches up!

Sounds like a plan, let's do this!

Beast
05-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh yeahhh, Coke!

Light bench
BB bench: warmup x3, 200 x5 sets of 6-10 reps
followed by machine flyes, standing Smith OH presses, BB skullcrushers
Then a 20 minute jog since it was nice and sunny outside.

Gonna make my routine consist of rotating ME and light (70% 1RM) days. Let's see how this goes.

Coke
05-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Solid push day effort.

Rileigh
05-08-2012, 08:49 AM

Definitely. From reading people's logs and checking out their max lifts, I've found that DL's are usually around 2x the amount of their bench (with squats being around 80% of their deadlift max). So lots of potential there for your lower body to catch up to your upper body! :)

Beast
05-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Solid push day effort.
Thanks!

Definitely. From reading people's logs and checking out their max lifts, I've found that DL's are usually around 2x the amount of their bench (with squats being around 80% of their deadlift max). So lots of potential there for your lower body to catch up to your upper body! :)
lol you haven't known me for long, but even though I work out full body, I'm a "beach bod" dude at heart. there have been months in my training that I've abandonded my lower body before. :(

Light DLs
Conventional DLs: warmup x4, 280x5 x5 sets <- good speed on these. It's funny how much easier working at 70% max of DLs are compared with my bench day. This didn't feel like much of a work out, really.
Followed by a few sets of cable rows, machine side laterals, machine preacher curlz, and machine rear laterals. Good workout. Had a lot of cheating this weekend when I went to go look for a place in Georgia, so I had a lot of energy. Hopefully that translates to my ME days later this week... although I am on night shifts currently.

Coke
05-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Good luck in the upcoming transition man.

Beast
05-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Coke: Thanks, bro.

Light squats
warmup x3, 225 x 6 sets of 5, rest-pause. Had a nice 2 second pause at the bottom of each rep. Felt good. That was it for today.

Cards
05-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Great effort in here, Beast!

Thanks!

lol you haven't known me for long, but even though I work out full body, I'm a "beach bod" dude at heart. there have been months in my training that I've abandonded my lower body before. :(

This made me laugh, I use to be the same exact way! Now I love my lower body, women always tell me i have "football" player legs.

Invain
05-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Curls for the girls.

Rileigh
05-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks!

hahaha, I think that's a phase we all go through at one point or another. Up until the past 2.5 months I was the same way, never worked lower body. That's why I mentioned it. I'm looking at myself the same way - lower body catching up to upper body. :)

Beast
05-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Great effort in here, Beast!
This made me laugh, I use to be the same exact way! Now I love my lower body, women always tell me i have "football" player legs.
lol I still would rather have a huge upper body than a huge lower body. Oh well.

Curls for the girls.
"The girls with the bodies like boys with Ferraris."

hahaha, I think that's a phase we all go through at one point or another. Up until the past 2.5 months I was the same way, never worked lower body. That's why I mentioned it. I'm looking at myself the same way - lower body catching up to upper body. :)
Word. Let's do it!

ME bench
warmup x4
265x2
275x2
280x1
285x1
290x1
295x1
300xmiss
225x6
Fuck, almost had it. Slowed down in the middle. At least my bench went up 10 pounds since last time... I can't ask for more than that.
Then did some incline DB flyes, standing Smith millies, BB skullcrushers.

Night 5 of 6 in the ED, baby. Getting the new car Monday! Will post pics.

Coke
05-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Glad to see the spike taking place on your bench these days.

Also, great hearing you're getting the new vehicle too - look forward to see it.

Beast
05-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Coke - got my last night shift tonight, then I bet I'm not even going to be able to sleep thinking about the car, lol

ME sumos
warmup x5
365 x2
385 x1
395 x1
400 x1
315 x5
followed by DB rows, machine side laterals, chris mason pulldowns, and machine preacher curlz

Man, there were 3 other people doing DLs when I got there. Never seen more than one. It was cool and annoying at the same time. The nice part was that none of them were pulling more than 315, so I felt good doing mine. Will have 405 next time.

T minus 46 hours until the car.

Cards
05-13-2012, 08:55 AM
nice work out, 405 should be cake next time around. Sorry if i missed it, what car?

Coke
05-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Big man with the deads up in there, lol - we knew that.

Bako Lifter
05-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Make it 415.

Beast
05-16-2012, 12:52 PM
nice work out, 405 should be cake next time around. Sorry if i missed it, what car?
I hope so, man. See car info below.

Big man with the deads up in there, lol - we knew that.
rofl I wanna be as strong as you!

Make it 415.
Will try if I don't faint. ;)

ATFs
warmup x3
275 x6
275 x5
275 x5
275 x4
275 x3
225 x6
followed by DB lunges and leg presses.

Had an interesting convo with one of the larger guys at the gym while working in squats with him. He basically does one day on, one day off. Five sets of BP one day, and five sets of squats the other. Does very little ancillary work. He increases weight every 2 weeks. Doesn't do any direct back work. Reps are basically 10 down to 6 or so. He is huge. I wonder what would happen to me if I did a workout like that... So strange how different our bodies are, and how we basically all do different work outs. Too bad there isn't one perfect workout.

Picked up the car the other day (BMW 650i coupe). I cannot even begin to express what a joy it is to drive it. Only problem is that I don't want to park it any where... too paranoid. Going to get a clear bra put on it asap, lol

Coke
05-16-2012, 01:34 PM
So strange how different our bodies are, and how we basically all do different work outs. Too bad there isn't one perfect workout.

No joke, this is about as individualistic as it gets...have to learn by trial and error what works best for you.

Love the beautiful new ride!

Cards
05-16-2012, 01:37 PM
damn, son...hook a brotha up. you and FMA have some ballin ass cars in here. Me, i'm just chillen with my 2012 jetta, but aleast it's manual.

Beast
05-17-2012, 01:10 PM
No joke, this is about as individualistic as it gets...have to learn by trial and error what works best for you.

Love the beautiful new ride!
Thanks!

damn, son...hook a brotha up. you and FMA have some ballin ass cars in here. Me, i'm just chillen with my 2012 jetta, but aleast it's manual.
Word. I'm too lazy for a manual. :(

Medium Bench
warmup x4
255 x3
255 x3
255 x3
255 x3
255 x2
225 x5
and then some incline DB flyes, HS OH presses, and BB skullcrushers

Bako Lifter
05-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Sweet car dude.

Invain
05-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Is that literally all the dude does, squats and bench?

Beast
05-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Sweet car dude.
Thanks. I love it!

Is that literally all the dude does, squats and bench?
The only other exercise he does is bicep curls after bench, lol. That's literally it. And he's fucking huge.

Medium DLs
Conventional DL:
warmup x4
315 x5 x4 sets
then cable rows, machine lateral raises, chris mason pulldowns, bicepz, and rear delts.

I need to eat more. Strength is still there, but my body fat is getting a little low too fast. I honestly can say that I've never had this strength at this low of bodyfat before, so I guess I'm doing something right!

thecityalive
05-18-2012, 03:12 PM
I feel you on the eating. I feel I need to be eating A LOT more than I actually am. How many cals/day are you consuming?

Coke
05-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Very nice with the training, good split going on.

Beast
05-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I feel you on the eating. I feel I need to be eating A LOT more than I actually am. How many cals/day are you consuming?
Man, I don't know. Don't really keep track. The only thing I try to do is get in 1g/lb body weight in, and after that, it's up in the air. Cheat meals several times per week. My strength is still going up, so I'm not too serious about it, yet. Plus, with summer here, it makes me wanna keep teh abz around.

Very nice with the training, good split going on.
Thanks, Terry.

ME squat
warmup x4
295 x2
305 x1
315 x1
320 x1
225 x6
followed by DB lunges with the 80s.

Ah, still going up and feeling good. It's fun to do these with ATF form, too, since no one else in my gym comes close. Pussies. :)

Bako Lifter
05-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Strong squats! Threw the little 2.5s on for decoration? Haha.

Cards
05-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Nice benching and squatting! I'm assuming benching is your strong point?

Rileigh
05-22-2012, 12:11 PM

I noticed that too haha.

Good job on the workouts, love the atf squats.

There's a guy at my gym that sort of works out like that. He deadlifts too. But I never see him do anything else. And when he does the one exercise, he's literally doing it for about an hour or just about. One time I came into the gym and he was benching. I did my entire workout and left (~50-60mins) and he had just finished up right before I left (very annoying when you want to get on a piece of equipment that he's using). Only problem is that he's not very big lol - but he is pretty lean.

Beast
05-22-2012, 02:26 PM
lol hey, even the 2.5s mean I did a little bit more!

Nice benching and squatting! I'm assuming benching is your strong point?
Kind of. I have no strong points, lol. I am top heavy, though, that's for sure.

I noticed that too haha.

Good job on the workouts, love the atf squats.

There's a guy at my gym that sort of works out like that. He deadlifts too. But I never see him do anything else. And when he does the one exercise, he's literally doing it for about an hour or just about. One time I came into the gym and he was benching. I did my entire workout and left (~50-60mins) and he had just finished up right before I left (very annoying when you want to get on a piece of equipment that he's using). Only problem is that he's not very big lol - but he is pretty lean.
Just seems like it would be boring to me. The guy I mentioned was very big and has a lot of thickness. Genetically gifted, I guess?

ME bench
warmup x4
275 x2
285 x1
295 x1
300 x1
225 x6
followed by incline DB flyes, BB shoulder presses, and some tricepz stuff.

Glad I got the 300, although barely. The weird thing is that my sticking point on bench is normally in the first third of my ascent, but on the 300, I almost gave out on the last third. Weird. Still, I think 300 was a big psychological barrier for me. Now let's see if I can improve on it. I want 3 plates so bad! My all-time PR was 325 x1, although I was 30 pounds heavier when I hit that weight...

Coke
05-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Clearly making fine strides on the major movements Mike.

thecityalive
05-22-2012, 05:37 PM
I believe in small gains. A PR is a PR, regardless of increase. Way to be. On the bench....ffffff I know what you mean when it comes to barriers. I have to get really pissed off to go maximal.

Cards
05-23-2012, 09:19 AM
I agree with Rob, a PR is a PR, doesn't matter if it's 2.5lbs or 20. When's the 315?

Bako Lifter
05-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Nice bench! 300 lbs is beast. I guess that's why its your name.

Beast
05-24-2012, 03:38 PM
I believe in small gains. A PR is a PR, regardless of increase. Way to be. On the bench....ffffff I know what you mean when it comes to barriers. I have to get really pissed off to go maximal.
Word. Pressing is much harder mentally than pulling, IMHO, because there's less room for cheating.

Clearly making fine strides on the major movements Mike.
Thanks, Terry!

I agree with Rob, a PR is a PR, doesn't matter if it's 2.5lbs or 20. When's the 315?
Ugh, hopefully by next month. I want it!!

Nice bench! 300 lbs is beast. I guess that's why its your name.
Thanks!

ME DL
warmup x4
365 x2
395 x1
405 x1
410 x1
followed by some HS rows, cable rows, machine side and rear laterals, and machine preacherz

Woot, hit the 4 plates. Wasn't that bad. There's a short-term goal met, right there. Onward and upward, hopefully!

thecityalive
05-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Grats on the 4 plates per side. Soon enough, you will be doing that weight for reps.

Coke
05-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Looks good man, keep taking it up.

Beast
05-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Grats on the 4 plates per side. Soon enough, you will be doing that weight for reps.
Thanks, man. Would love to eventually get up to 5 plates like you.

Looks good man, keep taking it up.
Thanks, Terry.

Light ATF squats
warmup x2
225 x8
225 x8
225 x7
225 x5
225 x4
Been working early shifts this week and not getting a lot of sleep, so this was it for me today. Worked with a 3 second eccentric with 1 second pause at the bottom of each rep. My thighs really got pumped to this.

Working in the ED during Memorial day weekend is never fun, but always entertaining... I'm anticipating being buried in traumas and alcoholic idiots tomorrow evening, especially since CLT has "Speed Street" going on this weekend, which is basically Mardi Gras for NASCAR fans. Yuck!

Coke
05-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Working in the ED during Memorial day weekend is never fun, but always entertaining...

You can handle it bro, lol - got it all on lock, the career and the lifting.

Beast
05-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks, Terry. Things are going well currently, and I'm very fortunate!

Light (70%) bench
210 x 5 sets of 4-8 reps, 310 tempo
then flat DB flyes, light BB shoulder press, BB skull crushers, and some rope pressdowns

Happy Memorial day to everyone!

Cards
05-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Gratz on the 4 plate dead lift! 495, here you come.

Bako Lifter
05-28-2012, 01:51 PM
410, nice!

Beast
05-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks, bros! Now I want 5!

Light DLs
285 x 5 sets of 5
followed by cable rows, HS high rows, machine rear delts, machine curlz

Rileigh
05-29-2012, 08:28 AM
410 is a huge milestone in deadlifts. I've always looked at it as the number that separates the weak from the strong haha. I think there's probably another category in the 800+ range that separates the strong from the genetic freaks of nature!

Congrats on hitting that milestone! Hoping to get there soon myself :)

Coke
05-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Good deal dude, on a nice roll.

Bako Lifter
05-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Just wondering, do you ever think about doing another cycle some time in the future?

Beast
05-31-2012, 08:19 AM
410 is a huge milestone in deadlifts. I've always looked at it as the number that separates the weak from the strong haha. I think there's probably another category in the 800+ range that separates the strong from the genetic freaks of nature!

Congrats on hitting that milestone! Hoping to get there soon myself :)
Thanks, bro. You'll definitely get there.

Good deal dude, on a nice roll.
Thanks. Hopefully it will continue!

Just wondering, do you ever think about doing another cycle some time in the future?
I'd definitely consider it, but not anytime soon. I'm actually making great gains now just eating and training right. Looking back on it, I probably shouldn't have done it years ago because I wasn't even eating right then. It was really fun at the time, though. :)

Medium (85%) ATFs
warmup x3
275 x10 sets of 3
then some leg presses

Any of y'all use a crockpot? Got any recipes you could share?

Coke
05-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Fine leg day with the squats and leg pressing sets.

Bako Lifter
05-31-2012, 11:25 AM
That's cool. I was just thinking since you're working in a hospital you have access to a lot of stuff, putting you a prime position to do a safe and responsible cycle.

Damn good squats, I did a 10x3 @ 85% last week, its rough.

Cards
05-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Damn fine squatting!

thecityalive
05-31-2012, 09:04 PM
I seriously just put a flank in with potatoes, carrots, celery, and some onions for flavor and have at it.

Beast
06-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Fine leg day with the squats and leg pressing sets.
Thanks, bro.

That's cool. I was just thinking since you're working in a hospital you have access to a lot of stuff, putting you a prime position to do a safe and responsible cycle.
Not at all, actually. I've never seen a patient on anything other than testosterone patches, and since so few patients are on them, any other anabolics that they have in the hospital would be locked deep in the pharmacy. Hospitals do a great job keeping track of all medications now in the computerized era, so it's impossible for them not to be able to track you down for iffy stuff, too. Just for shits and giggles, I looked up "testosterone" in our pharmacy, and they have test gel, test patches, test depot, and test cyp. I wish I could order them for myself, LOL. Now, if I worked in a veterinarian clinic, that might be a different story... ;)

Damn fine squatting!
Thanks. Looking forward to my ME days this week!

I seriously just put a flank in with potatoes, carrots, celery, and some onions for flavor and have at it.
Cool. What kind of flank do you buy?

Medium (85%) bench
warmup x4
240 x10 sets of 3
followed by machine flyes, BB millies, and cable tricep pressdowns

240 was pretty easy, so I did each rep with a 2 second negative. I hope I can put up 305 in a few days.

Bako Lifter
06-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Haha not what I was getting at. I was actually referring to you being able to keep a daily track on blood pressure and being able to do regular blood tests and such lol.

240x10x3 with pauses is awesome. You should definitely be good for 300+ soon.

Coke
06-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Push day effort is solid Mike.

Beast
06-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Haha not what I was getting at. I was actually referring to you being able to keep a daily track on blood pressure and being able to do regular blood tests and such lol.
lol, I see. Anyone who has health insurance and a PCP can get plenty of bloodwork, really. :)

Push day effort is solid Mike.
Thanks!

ME squat
warmup x4
315 x1
325 x1
330 x1
225 x6
followed by some leg presses and some DB curlz

Oh yeahhh, surprised I went up on the squatting since I only got 6 hours of sleep last night due to an early shift today. Life is great right now. I even met a girl at a bar last weekend that turns out to be not only extremely hot, but also quality. I've never met a quality girl at a bar before, lol. Only problem is I'm moving next month, but we'll see how it goes.

Cards
06-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Gratz on finding the girl! Definitely get some quality time in there.

Awesome squats!

thecityalive
06-03-2012, 07:08 PM
7 hour rule. Get it done.

Coke
06-04-2012, 10:17 AM
330 squats are real nice, probably your best yet since you been back.

Good deal on the new girl too, might have to take her along with you, lol.

Beast
06-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Gratz on finding the girl! Definitely get some quality time in there.

Awesome squats!
Thanks, bro. Yeah, it's refreshing!

7 hour rule. Get it done.
Word.

330 squats are real nice, probably your best yet since you been back.

Good deal on the new girl too, might have to take her along with you, lol.
Terry, I definitely agree. I had taken about a year or two off from working my legs, and they're bouncing back nicely. Muscle memory FTW.

ME bench
warmup x4
275 x1
295 x1
305 x miss
225 x8
followed by incline DB flyes, EZ bar skull crushers, and front DB raises.

Fuckkk almost had it. Will get it next time, hopefully. Maybe I'll take the next 2 bench sesisons light or something. Started to come up quickly, then got stalled about half-way. I think I psyched myself out beforehand.

Coke
06-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Will get it next time, hopefully.

Will get it next time, definitely!

Cards
06-05-2012, 08:31 AM
You've got this, next time! I want to see 315!

Rileigh
06-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Nice job on the 330 squats!

Bench looking good too, almost to a 3pps bench! So close I bet you can taste it :)

Beast
06-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Will get it next time, definitely!

You've got this, next time! I want to see 315!
I hope so, boys. Huge mental block for me.

Nice job on the 330 squats!

Bench looking good too, almost to a 3pps bench! So close I bet you can taste it :)
I would love that!

ME deads
warmup x4
315 x2
365 x1
395 x1
405 x1
415 x1
315 x5
225 x5
followed by DB rows, DB curlz, machine side laterals, machine rear laterals, and machine curlz

Awesome workout! I believe that's actually an all-time DL PR for me, too. :) Made up a bit for the shitty benching session, lol.

HJP
06-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Nice deadlift! Always seems if something doesn't fire another area will. Awesome stuff bro

Bako Lifter
06-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Hell ya brother. Beastmode!

Coke
06-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Making great headway guy.

Alex.V
06-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Screw bench, nice pulling!

Cards
06-07-2012, 06:07 PM
yeah yeah! 4pps and then plus some! 495 on the way.

Beast
06-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Nice deadlift! Always seems if something doesn't fire another area will. Awesome stuff bro
Ain't that the truth! Thanks.

Hell ya brother. Beastmode!
Wannabeabeast!

Making great headway guy.
Thanks, Terry.

Screw bench, nice pulling!
Thanks! I'm happy with the progression so far.

yeah yeah! 4pps and then plus some! 495 on the way.
I hope so, man!

85% squats
warmup x4
280 x10 sets of 3
followed by a few sets of narrow leg presses

Had a few days off this past weekend, so I was able to go see my new godson for the first time! Crazy how my friends are married and having kids, etc... that shit seems way far away for me!

Coke
06-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Solid work for the legs.

LuNa
06-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Awesome work so far Beast. Nice volume on that last squat session.

Cards
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Ooooh, I can't wait to have a godson much less a kid of my own, but i'm only 24....so a few more years.

Loving the squats, 280x10 is no joke.

Bako Lifter
06-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Little ones sure are fun, huh? My daughter is working on her high-5 at the moment.

10x3=ouch

Beast
06-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Solid work for the legs.
Thanks!

Awesome work so far Beast. Nice volume on that last squat session.
Thanks, I was sore for a few days afterwards.

Ooooh, I can't wait to have a godson much less a kid of my own, but i'm only 24....so a few more years.

haha yeah bro, no rushing!

Little ones sure are fun, huh? My daughter is working on her high-5 at the moment.

10x3=ouch
That's awesome, Bako. They are great, but I think I'm too immature to be having one anytime soon, lol.

ME DL
warmup x4
315 x2
365 x1
405 x1
425 x1
435 x1
315 x3
225 x5
followed by DB rows, cable rows, machine side laterals, machine rear delts, and some gunz work.

Past week has been fairly busy for me. I moved most of my shit down to GA in my new place (which is sweet!) and have been staying with a friend for the past week since I rented out my condo to someone. I hadn't checked my journal in a bit, so I thought my last ME DL was 430, which is why I went for 435... forgot it was only 415, lol. I was wondering why 435 felt so heavy to me! I'm surprised I got it, since my nutrition has been out the window this past week.

LuNa
06-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Lol, nice mistake to make. Good work!

Cards
06-20-2012, 04:56 PM
yeaaaa buddddy, another pr!

Coke
06-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Pull day is looking tight.

HJP
06-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Nice pulling bro! good stuff

Beast
06-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Luna, Cards, Terry, and HJP: Thanks a lot, bros.

ME squats
warmup x4
315 x1
325 x1
335 x1
225 x5
followed by leg presses and some DB curlz.

Really excited for the 335 today, especially since I was a little hungover from last night, haha. It definitely felt heavy to me, though.

HJP
06-22-2012, 06:01 PM
ME should feel heavy lol nice work!

cphafner
06-23-2012, 09:12 AM
looks like strength is coming back real fast

Cards
06-23-2012, 09:42 AM
nice squatting!

Bako Lifter
06-23-2012, 10:12 AM
New PR? Better update the Sig lol.

Coke
06-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Way to be at it Mike.

Beast
06-23-2012, 08:05 PM
ME should feel heavy lol nice work!
haha true...

looks like strength is coming back real fast
Yeah, not sure why, either... pretty shitty diet the past week or so. I'm not complaining.

nice squatting!
Thanks!

New PR? Better update the Sig lol.
Done. ;)

Way to be at it Mike.
Thanks, bro.

ME bench
warmup x4
275 x1
295 x1
305 x1
225 x10
followed by some decline CGBPs and front DB delt raises.

Fuck yeah. I knew when 295 went up fairly easily that I'd get the 305. Was going to go for 310 but decided I was happy enough for the day. I was thinking of not MEing today since my diet has been shit.... glad I did!

HJP
06-25-2012, 04:03 AM
Love it when you expect a bad day an it's a good one! Strong pressing

Coke
06-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Very nice on the bench, make no mistake.

Beast
06-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Love it when you expect a bad day an it's a good one! Strong pressing

Very nice on the bench, make no mistake.

Thanks, fellas.

85% squats
285 x10 sets of 3
supersetted with some heavier machine preacher curlz

Last few sets seemed heavy, but overall not a problem. Still making some solid progress with the weights overall, which I'm happy about. The girl I was dating for a few weeks ended up being psycho... but I shouldn't have expected much given the fact that she was a blonde bartender. ;) Note to self...
Also did some conventional DLs with 315 two days ago, but didn't really think they were worth mentioning.

Cards
06-26-2012, 04:47 PM
315x10 on squat in the near future if not already

Coke
06-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Keep on with it bro.

Beast
06-27-2012, 03:21 PM
315x10 on squat in the near future if not already
Due time!

Keep on with it bro.
Thanks, brah.

85% bench
260 x 10 sets of 3
followed by some DB delt stuff and BB skullcrushers.

Good workout today... time to eat steak!

HJP
06-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Nice work on the squats bro. Life lesson learnt there bro :P

Beast
07-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Nice work on the squats bro. Life lesson learnt there bro :P

Definitely!

Just finished my move to Georgia. It's humid as hell here, but at least I won't have dry skin... I'm stoked because the gym at the hospital is actually awesome - they even have one more squat rack than my "real" gym back in CLT. Best of all, it's $20 per month.

July 3 was light bench - did 5x5 with 225 that was too easy.

Light squats
warmup x3
275 x5
275 x5
275 x5
275 x4
275 x3
275 x3
225 x4
then BB skullcrushers and some leg extensions.

275 started getting heavy at set 4, which I really don't care because technically my light days consist of 75% of my 1RM, which should be just 250. I just felt like I wanted heavier.

New chapter in my life, gents. Start the new job Monday!

Cards
07-05-2012, 06:55 PM
oooh very exciting! I may have missed it, what's the job? Nice bench session, very jealous.

HJP
07-05-2012, 07:54 PM
$20 a month. good deal there!! Whats the job man?

Coke
07-06-2012, 10:43 AM
New chapter in my life, gents.

Love that, on with the new!!

Beast
07-08-2012, 08:49 PM
oooh very exciting! I may have missed it, what's the job? Nice bench session, very jealous.

$20 a month. good deal there!! Whats the job man?

Love that, on with the new!!
Thanks, bros. I got a new ED job at the big hospital in Savannah... have my first shift tomorrow, eep!

ME bench
warmup x4
275 x1
295 x1
310 x miss
225 x8
followed by smith incline bench, DB front raises, DB skullcrushers, and machine preacher curlz

Got about a third of the way up and got stuck on 310, but it's all good. Wasn't expecting much today since I've been fucking around at the beach for the past few days and not eating enough. I love it out here in GA so far. 20 minute ride to the beach here is priceless. People are incredibly friendly. Hell, you can even walk around with a beer in your hand in downtown. Really cool place to be!

Cards
07-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Great benching, next time! Enjoy your first day!

Coke
07-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Good luck down in Savannah, sounds like home already, lol.

HJP
07-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Good to hear your liking the place mate!

Beast
07-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Great benching, next time! Enjoy your first day!

Good luck down in Savannah, sounds like home already, lol.

Good to hear your liking the place mate!

Thanks, guys! Was a great first day. They ease us into the job for a few months, so no pressure. Love it. Also started seeing a pretty lady, so that makes things even better, lol.

ME squat
warmup x4
315 x1
325 x1
340 x1
315 x2
225 x5
and then did some curl jockey stuff

Very happy to still be increasing the squat. Hopefully will continue to make gains once I start eating well.

Coke
07-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Transitioning quite well, not skipping a beat.

Invain
07-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Curls for the girls bro

Beast
07-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Transitioning quite well, not skipping a beat.
Thanks... trying!

Curls for the girls bro
I know, bro... they love that shit.

I've been working out lately but haven't really had anything notable worth posting. Been kind of busy with the new job, girl, etc. I need to eat more... enough said!

Sunday was back:
BB rows:
warmup x4
225 x6
235 x5
245 x5
185 x10
followed by rope cable rows, DB side laterals, face pulls

Yesterday was bench:
warmup x4
275 x2
275 x3
275 x3
225 x10
then some Smith machine incline bench, DB front delt stuff, and skull crushers

HJP
07-18-2012, 03:34 PM
nice stuff bro! Eat up

Coke
07-18-2012, 05:04 PM
That's very nice Mike, moving on strong.

Bako Lifter
07-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Getting strong as hell on those rows man.

Beast
07-19-2012, 08:39 AM
nice stuff bro! Eat up

That's very nice Mike, moving on strong.

Getting strong as hell on those rows man.

Thanks, fellas!

Squats yesterday:
warmup x4
275 x5
275 x5
275 x5
275 x3
275 x3
225 x5
followed by leg presses, leg extensions, and some tricep and traps work.

There was a 10 year old kid attempting to bench press for the first time yesterday by himself. Saw him over there and basically took 20 minutes to teach him how to properly do the exercise. Felt like I did my good deed for the day. :)

Cards
07-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Nice squatting, bro and way to help out a new lifter!

Coke
07-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Looking fine with the squats and all.

HJP
07-22-2012, 03:32 AM
Good stuff showing a young fella the way!! Awesome

Patz
07-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Agreed.

Thanks! Arms are so fun to train. I wish the pump I got was permanent, though, hehe.

Not quite sure, bro. You just get used to it. I've literally seen hundreds of them, and unfortunately for not the right reasons

Ok..I was lurking and I know this is old, but..

Outside of assault or extraction of some kind of foreign object, what exactly can go so wrong with a vagina that constitutes an ER visit, and more specifically an ER visit after-hours??

And does hundreds of vagina inspections ruin it for you when you're inspecting one for the "right reasons"?