PDA

View Full Version : WTB: metal bash shirt

gmen5681
04-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Anyone have a shirt for sale? looking for a metal bash size 58. thank you.

RhodeHouse
04-05-2012, 10:53 AM
The Bash is not a great shirt. I'd look to get an Ace or a Jack. They are quality shirts and will last a long time.

Kstone113
04-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Try posting on PLW. But to speak of the bash shirt, I probably get at least 100 lbs. out of mine. I am not sure of my raw bench(nor do I care) but I would guess around 270 to 280 with press call and I just got 405 in my bash.

I would like to try the Jack but I tried the ACE but didn't hardly get anything out of it. I tried 350 and took a lot to get down and no pop off the chest. I know some guys it works great for but not me.

gmen5681
04-05-2012, 11:28 AM
The Bash is not a great shirt. I'd look to get an Ace or a Jack. They are quality shirts and will last a long time.

Thanks for the input. I've talked to Joey smith a couple times about shirts and he said since im just getting into equipment that I should stay away from the ACE or jack shirts for now and do a couple meets in the bash to learn the groove since they are so similar besides the fact that the bash has a much larger room for error. He said he has seen way to many beginners get hurt in those shirts. Again thank you for your input but I'll stick with what Joey smith suggests.

mike95763
04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
I know Joey likes metal gear, and I'm sure the bash is just fine for a beginner shirt, but it would be a lot easier to get a hold of a beginner shirt like an F6 or even a loose katana or rage x since they are more widely used. If you don't limit yourself to a specific shirt you could probably pick up a good used beginner shirt for pretty cheap. They aren't all the same, but they all work and you can probably save money if you go used and don't care about which company the shirt comes from.

Tom Mutaffis
04-05-2012, 02:42 PM
I know Joey likes metal gear, and I'm sure the bash is just fine for a beginner shirt, but it would be a lot easier to get a hold of a beginner shirt like an F6 or even a loose katana or rage x since they are more widely used. If you don't limit yourself to a specific shirt you could probably pick up a good used beginner shirt for pretty cheap. They aren't all the same, but they all work and you can probably save money if you go used and don't care about which company the shirt comes from.

I agree with Mike, if you are just looking for a shirt to get used to equipped lifting I would look for a single ply (and slightly over-sized) shirt from any manufacturer... with the exception of an Inzer Blast shirt.

Dank27
04-05-2012, 04:06 PM
I have a Single Ply Rage X size 54 that I am willing to part with

Let me know if your interested

jerkwad55
04-05-2012, 05:36 PM
I have this exact shirt. never worn (too small for me. Ill PM you

gmen5681
04-05-2012, 05:38 PM
I have this exact shirt. never worn (too small for me. Ill PM you

PM sent.

gmen5681
04-05-2012, 05:39 PM
thanks for the advice everyone.

Kstone113
04-06-2012, 05:28 AM

I disagree. I'm in my 3rd year in my bash and just hit a new PR. And I didn't get anything out of the ACE shirt hardly. The Jack is new and haven't tried it.

gmen5681
04-07-2012, 08:37 AM
jerkward55 hooked me up. awesome guy. nice to know there are nice guys out there still.

thanks again! cant wait to start working it in.

RhodeHouse
04-07-2012, 04:54 PM
I disagree. I'm in my 3rd year in my bash and just hit a new PR. And I didn't get anything out of the ACE shirt hardly. The Jack is new and haven't tried it.

I thought the Bash was like wearing a loose t-shirt. If you didn't get anything out of the Ace then you're missing something. Crazy pop off the chest. But, you have to have balls to use it. It's hard to touch with. Most people arementally tough enough to be patient in the hole to make it touch properly.

Glad to see the Bash is working for you.

jerkwad55
04-08-2012, 07:58 PM
jerkward55 hooked me up. awesome guy. nice to know there are nice guys out there still.

thanks again! cant wait to start working it in.

Don't let the name fool yah. No problem, going to put that money to a bigger shirt, win-win.