PDA

View Full Version : In Serious Need Of Help(Ignore gay username)

Im14SoWut
04-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Okay, first off, sorry about the username. I made this account when I was 14, I'm not that stupid anymore. Now to the point of this message. I grew up kind of rough with gang banging and soing a lot of hard partying. It led to me getting kicked out of football when I was a sophomore in high school. Up until that point I had college scouts looking at me already, and the fact that I threw that opportunity away really messed with me and I ended up really letting myself go. I have gained a lot of body fat, which brings me to a major problem. Now that I have got my life together I want to join the army. It will give me structure and I will be doing something worthwhile with my time. My problem is that I have to get myself down to 20% bodyfat at the absolute most. What would the best diet plan be along with a lot of cardio work to lose fat as quick as possible while doing it in a healthy manner. Sorry about the bad grammar and punctuation. I've been up for two days and am exhausted.

David

TriggerSnitch
04-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Any idea of current bf%? I'm currently in the army (deploy this evening to Afghanistan actually) and they don't do the conventional bf% tests that we know of. They base off of height to weight ratio and then waist to neck ratio. So if you have a large neck you can get away with more. Not saying you shouldn't strive to get into the best shape possible though. Also, the term " garrison army" has been thrown around a lot in the last 6 months. Which is going to make joining and staying in the army much mre rigorous. Best of luck.

Im14SoWut
04-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure of my current bf. All I know is that when I was playing football I was at apx 15% around 225-235. That ended when I was 15 so around three years ago. I have gained close to forty pounds and only grown 3 inches (I'm around 6'1). I went down to the recruitment office today and he told me 41" around the stomach so basically I just need to lose the love handles and a little off of my gut to be accepted, and push a bit past that to get to my goal of being a ranger (my club president when I was down south was a retired Special Forces Master Sgt, and he is also like a father to me so I have some big shoes to fill).

I appreciate your guys' quick responses.

Im14SoWut
04-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Any idea of current bf%? I'm currently in the army (deploy this evening to Afghanistan actually) and they don't do the conventional bf% tests that we know of. They base off of height to weight ratio and then waist to neck ratio. So if you have a large neck you can get away with more. Not saying you shouldn't strive to get into the best shape possible though. Also, the term " garrison army" has been thrown around a lot in the last 6 months. Which is going to make joining and staying in the army much mre rigorous. Best of luck.
I got a look at some of the new regulation ideas last night. Seems like they are definitely getting more strict about some stuff. Thanks for serving and be safe over there.

RhodeHouse
04-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Lift weights 3x a week training your whole body each workout. The weights are going to burn way more fat than any cardio will. Hit the cardio so you'll be in shape for boot camp. Don't waste your time and energy worrying about bodyfat and all that stuff.

I'd do a shit ton of push-ups, dips, pull-ups and then tons of squats, deadlifts, benches, military pressing and rows.

Like it was mentioned above, cut out the crappy food. Don't go crazy with fancy diets because they don't work. At your age, you can out work your bad eating habits. That doesn't mean you shouldn't clean it up, but you can get away with a lot if you train hard.

Be in the best shape you can be in for what you'll be doing.