PDA

View Full Version : Costco shopping list?

JimT42
04-13-2012, 01:47 PM
I usually get the skinless chicken and turkey (turkey is awesome 34 grams per patty and 10 for 12 bucks). But I'm getting so sick of eating them. I want to avoid red meat as much as possible and only eat lean meats. Any other suggestions for cheap bulking food?

(not a tuna fan either)

RichMcGuire
04-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Why do you want to avoid red meats while you bulk? I'd suggest cheeseburgers.

r2473
04-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Cheap bulking food?

I always bought the chocolate milk sold by the gallon in the refrigerator section. It has 240 calories per 8 ounces and tastes something like a milkshake. Most chocolate milk has closer to 150 calories per 8 ounces. This stuff is awesome.

I also bought peanut butter and saltines.

As Rich say, hamburger at Costco is great and priced nicely too.

Just curious, but how much chicken and turkey do you have to eat to "bulk"? I'd imagine quite a lot.

Tom Mutaffis
04-13-2012, 02:35 PM
I usually get the skinless chicken and turkey (turkey is awesome 34 grams per patty and 10 for 12 bucks). But I'm getting so sick of eating them. I want to avoid red meat as much as possible and only eat lean meats. Any other suggestions for cheap bulking food?

(not a tuna fan either)

Eggs and milk are both reasonably priced at Costco.

You can also pick up Pure Protein bars there for around $1/each, and they provide 20g protein per bar which is a pretty good value (but not quite as good as the turkey that you mentioned).

Jonathan E
04-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Costco is like my play ground. If your bulking...you may want to reconsider your red meat stance. Other than that I would buy some of the pre-made stuff located by the butcher usually. Awesome chicken Alfredo pasta, meats, sandwiches, etc.

ZAR-FIT
04-13-2012, 08:48 PM
pork tenderloins are something i always pick up there. But i agree with the board to consider buying some ground red meat.

Optimum08
04-16-2012, 10:51 AM
As stated above, why are you avoiding red meat? Costco's rotisserie chicken is good and easy as well along with their fresh/frozen fish selections

arctic
04-23-2012, 09:34 AM
You can always buy lean ground beef

What brand of burgers are you guys buying at Costco? All the ones I came across had 1+ gram of Trans Fat per burger.

Kirkland brand 1/3 lb. Turkey burgers are awesome, 35g protein, 2g carbs, 6g fat (1.5g saturated)

mickles
05-14-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm also interested, heading to Costco tomorrow and so far on my list

Chicken
Ground Beef
Tuna
Eggs
Milk
Pasta
Pasta Sauce
Maybe fish
Peanut butter