PDA

View Full Version : I feel like i got robbed (good lift or bad lift)

flexfit115
04-16-2012, 07:33 PM
I just competed in a smaller meet this weekend, and I was running away with it, but i feel like i was cheated from my 2nd and 3rd deadlift. I dont see anything wrong with the lift to earn 3 reds. Maybe i am crazy but i would like a little feedback. thanks
http://youtu.be/SNUbOWNhWQQ

Travis Bell
04-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Your knees lock and then unlock - reds. This is standard judging.

Next time just ask the judges

MarcusWild
04-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Don't lean so far back. When you do that, your knees unlock. You only have to stand upright.

larsen540
04-16-2012, 10:03 PM
U smoked it but I agree with travis

April Mathis
04-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Can't unlock knees and rest the bar on your quads. Red lights are the correct call. Ask the judges after you get even 1 red light next time and see what the red light was for, and definitely whenever you get 2 or more reds on a lift that you complete, so you don't make the same mistake on another attempt. Obviously the weight was no problem.

flexfit115
04-17-2012, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the advise, they said something about the lock and unlock, and at the time i could not understand what they were talking
about. I have deadlifted raw and this was the first equipped meet I have done, and I did not feel like I changed anything with my form. Which hasent been an issue till now. I guess it might have changed the way i pull enough to throw me off. Thanks again!