PDA

View Full Version : Box Jumps on off days, thoughts?

ThomasG
04-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I train westside I know the best time to get them in is on DE lower but unless I want to replace squats with jumps or pull a double I can't work them in.

Seems like it would be ok as long I don't do it the day before my lower body days and my hips are staying healthy. Thoughts?

mike95763
04-20-2012, 11:49 AM
A lot of guys do high rep recovery work on their off days. I would do them the day after your ME lower. As long as you eat enough to recover you should be fine.

theBarzeen
04-23-2012, 08:03 PM
I do them the day after my squat and/or pull day..... if I were a westside person I'd call it my ME lower day...... either way, I do box jumps, prowler work, and some kettlebell stuff the day after I squat and it's done a lot to help recovery and speed.

ZAR-FIT
04-23-2012, 10:05 PM
i think its a great idea. I dont train powerlifters, but i have certainly seen improvements in the athletes i have trained by using plyo work, like box jumps, with their routines. Either post squats in the same workout, or later in the day, or following day.

LuNa
04-24-2012, 01:15 AM
This might be interesting for you:

http://deathlessperformance.blogspot.de/2012/04/developing-reactive-strength-to-get.html

RhodeHouse
04-24-2012, 10:50 AM
What's the point of doing box jumps as a powerlifter? The ONLY reason for a lifter to do them is to excite the CNS. Doing them the day after is a waste of your time. If you're hell bent on doing them you should do 3-5 sets of 2-3 reps right before your Squat/DL days.

1. Warm-up
2. Box Jumps
3. Squat