PDA

View Full Version : This is to say thank you

huskybear
04-21-2012, 08:05 PM
So yes this is copied from my journal, but I wanted many of you to read it to understand where I've been what I've done, and most importantly make sure you got the most important part of the message... Thank you all for every post answer, question answered and bit of encouragement and advice you've given... the following are the results of all of that...

return of the Bear

Hello sweet board!

So after my initial absence I again disappeared for the past 2 years into the dark abyss that is my day job and family.

Where to start... well the first place is family - my youngest boy was diagnosed with some developmental issues that took an immeasurable toll on everyone including himself. Combine that with a demanding job that was 14 hour day minimums and well its been a long road.

I managed to stay in the gym regularly lifting but my results were meh. Strength has taken a jump here and dive there. But in the past 8 months I gained a training partner who really help push me on and keep me motivated finally moving back in the right direction.

Then came a challenge at work to lose maximum body weight by percentage. At first I was disinterested thinking who needs to lose weight... and then the shit talking - he's not going to do it; he's never going to change; he'll never win. So challenge accepted.

Starting back on Jan 20/12 I weighed in at a wonderfully fat 248lbs. My max bench was barely 245lbs, deads were stalled back in the low 300's from a low back injury, squats also suffered into the low 200's.

So began I did, remembering the mantra preached since the site began... results are made in the kitchen and then with smart programming and dedication.

First Diet - For 2 and 1/2 months I ate the same things and did not cheat at all:

Meal 1 - 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, fried in coconut oil with 1 cup of spinach with 1/2 cup of plain oatmeal with cinnamon

Meal 2 - protein shake with fish oil cap

Meal 3 - chicken breast, 3 rice cakes

Meal 4 - steak with green salad with oil/vinegar and/or steamed broccoli or beans

Meal 5 - chicken breast or tuna with 3 rice cakes

Meal 6 - protein shake with fish oil cap

I varied only in with subing in talapia for tuna, flavoured mini rice cakes and had a coffee with cream only with breakie. This became easier and is now an obsession. I felt for the first time what it was to have a sugar rush having m pre workout drink 3 weeks in lol.

My supps consisted of a pre and post workout drink (MP Assault pre and Dymatize Xpand post) and I added a fat burner as well 2 1/2 months in.

After the first 3 days of feeling like a heroine addict in withdrawl, I hit the gym with intensity that I'd not had since my years playing football in high school.

I did some form of cardio every day for at least 30 mins, and 60 plus mins 5 times a week, plus dialed in my 5/3/1 training, keeping my numbers honest and accessory work volume up.

The final results came yesterday April 20/12... a final weigh in of 208lbs. 40lbs lost over the competition and a solid 3rd place finish.

But with all that lost... my numbers have all finally become respectable... 300lb squat, 400lbs dead, 175 military and 275lb bench. Can't believe it really but it speaks to my dedication.

I feel great. My cardio is through the roof... I'm strong finally and my body is happy finally. Aches are gone. I've slept better than I have and stress has little effect on me any more lol.

So, with all that I write this to say thank you. What I've accomplished is directly attributed to what I learned here and on EliteFTS. The contributors have all taught me not just how to train and eat, but its the will to continue and say F$%@ you to that inner voice saying can't and giving the finger to doubters.

It's wonderful to have my training together now. I haven't had a drink in 3 months, eaten out in 3 months and turned the corner of everything about my focus. Home is better, work is better and most of all I'm better

So that's me for the past several years all boiled down into a post. So as I enjoy my first cheat meal in forever tonight I embark on the next part of my journey to get my numbers moving up some more and maybe finally fulfill my wish to compete.

So get use to some stupid basic questions about diet and training for this phase lol.

Let the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!