PDA

View Full Version : Another hardgainer thread (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

bounty_killa
05-04-2012, 05:00 AM
I understand that if I'm struggling to gain weight I must not be getting enough calories. Apart from being on a budget, I never have an appetite and I have a very strong gag reflex. So I can only eat small meals and they take forever to eat.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation? I have overcome it to a point where I did gain about 25 pounds (120 to 145) and I'm panicking that I'm starting to lose again. Sometimes I feel like my life is being structured around meals:bang:

DontTakeEmOff31
05-04-2012, 05:24 AM
I understand that if I'm struggling to gain weight I must not be getting enough calories. Apart from being on a budget, I never have an appetite and I have a very strong gag reflex. So I can only eat small meals and they take forever to eat.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation? I have overcome it to a point where I did gain about 25 pounds (120 to 145) and I'm panicking that I'm starting to lose again. Sometimes I feel like my life is being structured around meals:bang:

Welcome to the world of bulking. I never have an appetite, gag at almost every meal, and structure my life around my meals. If you want to get bigger you have to deal with it. All your fears about bulking are true.

At 145 you have lots of room to grow before you have to seriously consider fat, take advantage of that and eat a little dirty. Try 16oz milk, 2 tbls olive oil, 2 scoops whey, 2 tbls peanut butter, twice a day, thats about 1600 calories right there with very little effort.

RhodeHouse
05-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Suck it up, dude. Stop crying and feeling sorry for yourself. If you want to get big you should embrace all of this. It's part of the game, especially if you struggle gaining weight. Everytime you gag or whatever, you should smile and think that you're beating this affliction of being small. Eat until you want tothrow up, then drink a big protein shake. Do what is necessary to get to your goals. It's ok if you don't like it. You don't have to do it. There's no rule that says you have to be big. But, if that's what you want, nut up and enjoy the agony.

Alex.V
05-04-2012, 08:59 AM
There's no rule that says you have to be big.

I'm starting to think you're reading Deepak Chopra or something on the side.

K Y L E
05-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Milk and eat ice cream.

FearFactory
05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
My only advice is that it gets easier..

I was 165-175 lbs but 6'5", so close to your size, proportionally. I only suffered for about 6 months shoveling the food down. After that, it was no longer hard to get the calories in. YOU GET USED TO IT.

RhodeHouse
05-05-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm starting to think you're reading Deepak Chopra or something on the side.

Damn you, snooping around my office.

I'm healthy, no fever and I seem to have all of my facilities.

ZAR-FIT
05-05-2012, 06:24 PM
you have to make it a priority if you truely want to gain weight. theres no half-effort way to it. If you want it enough you'll eat enough. Calorie dense foods man. Hamburger, Peanut butter, whole eggs, granola... the list goes on.

RhodeHouse
05-07-2012, 07:48 PM
you have to make it a priority if you truely want to gain weight. theres no half-effort way to it. If you want it enough you'll eat enough. Calorie dense foods man. Hamburger, Peanut butter, whole eggs, granola... the list goes on.

Yup!

thecityalive
05-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Just make a fucking bako shake.

K Y L E
05-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Just make a fucking bako shake.

Couldn't agree more. I tried the bako shake last night for the first time last night. Definitely delicious and definitely nutritious.

bounty_killa
05-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Must say thanks to all of you for the helpful responses. I now weigh about 150 pounds at 5'7" so I'm not too skinny anymore. Peanut butter and tuna work really well.

Also, eating has definitely become much more easier and I have a bigger appetite. Found that gulping water with a mouthful of food helps overcome any gagging.

Cards
05-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Gratz on the weight gain, now keep going. Your frame can hold a lot more than you think it can. I'm pushing 190 at 5'7 and wouldn't consider my self fat.

royalcastane25
05-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Shakes. I found it easier to drink a shake with a lot of calories than sit there and chew on food for 20 mins sometimes. 3 meals and 2-3 shakes usually worked well.