PDA

View Full Version : Does Pete Rubish compete? 20 years 750Lbs x 2 Deadlift @ 215 lb B/W

Niko_El_Piko
05-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Iīve seen videos from this guy in another forum.
Does anybody know if he is actively competing? He said he would compete at the UPA Nationals Meet April of 2012 but couldnīt find any results with his name.

His name is Pete Rubish.

Impressive speed and strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzxvmZrdaAc

Tom Mutaffis
05-06-2012, 05:31 PM
On his Facebook he has some photos from a Natural Bodybuilding event (INBF) in 2010, and looks like he might have done a meet in April 2011 (unsure). Found an interview where he mentioned the UPA meet this year being his next contest...

Niko_El_Piko
05-06-2012, 05:40 PM
On his Facebook he has some photos from a Natural Bodybuilding event (INBF) in 2010, and looks like he might have done a meet in April 2011 (unsure). Found an interview where he mentioned the UPA meet this year being his next contest...

Thanks Tom.
I’ve researched exactly the same. Somehow, I find amazing that a guy that strong is not actively competing (this, I am supposing, since I can’t find his name at any meets). At that same interview he stated that he trains with Chris Hickson, Frankie Santoro, Eric Lilliebridge, and Ernie Lilliebridge.

Brian Hopper
05-07-2012, 09:08 AM
That double with 315 was insane, lol.

robertjr93
05-07-2012, 11:04 AM
You all heard my man "Fuckin Easy" lol strong guy tho

SEOINAGE
05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
I wonder if he is a pain in the ass to be around. Otherwise pretty insane weight lifted.

Niko_El_Piko
05-07-2012, 09:52 PM
In another forum they upoaded this video.

http://youtu.be/iVUze_eSeJw

With this comment:

the guy fails to DL 700 at a local meet and states he lifts a double 750 down at his basement. Weird.

PeteRubish
05-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I was signed up to compete at UPA Nationals on April 21, but I had a pec strain and my lat was still bothering me shortly before the meet. I pulled out and had Bill (head of UPA) transfer my fee to the July 21 meet. I just talked to Ernie Lilliebridge today and him, Eric, and Chris Hickson are also planning on doing the July meet. I'm healed up now and should be ready to go. Benched for the first time in 2 months last night. That meet video was july of last year when I was competing naturally, that has no significance to where I stand now almost a year later.

I weigh 230-235ish now as well.

SEOINAGE
05-08-2012, 07:45 AM
I was signed up to compete at UPA Nationals on April 21, but I had a pec strain and my lat was still bothering me shortly before the meet. I pulled out and had Bill (head of UPA) transfer my fee to the July 21 meet. I just talked to Ernie Lilliebridge today and him, Eric, and Chris Hickson are also planning on doing the July meet. I'm healed up now and should be ready to go. Benched for the first time in 2 months last night. That meet video was july of last year when I was competing naturally, that has no significance to where I stand now almost a year later.

I weigh 230-235ish now as well.

Are you just as wild in real life? lol no troll i'm serious.

PeteRubish
05-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Are you just as wild in real life? lol no troll i'm serious.
Not really, even when I'm bouncing, I'm usually pretty calm and mellow.

SEOINAGE
05-08-2012, 10:49 AM

That's cool, amazing amount of aggression going into your lifts.

jmccown
05-08-2012, 01:18 PM
good stuff man. You have lots of potential. Lift smart, stay healthy.

Alex.V
05-08-2012, 01:22 PM

Damn straight- best focus doesn't come from those who are raging 24/7.

Sick lifts, man, incredible potential.

Actually, fuck "potential", just incredible. Looking forward to seeing where you'll be in a year.

Niko_El_Piko
05-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks for your Feedbaack Pete.
Keep up the good work!

PeteRubish
05-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I'm going to try 700 for 10 reps tomorrow night. Video will be up on my channel.

Ernie Jr
05-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Pete your a Freak, and my hero! :D Best of luck tomorrow on the 700x10.

jmccown
05-09-2012, 06:13 AM
I think you might have Orlando Green beat on sheer speed of the deadlift man. I've competed with him and he's freaky fast on the deadlift but you probably have him beat.

PeteRubish
05-09-2012, 09:02 AM
I think you might have Orlando Green beat on sheer speed of the deadlift man. I've competed with him and he's freaky fast on the deadlift but you probably have him beat.
The thing is, I actually start with the bar over the center of my feet, not right up against my shins. This allows me to dip my hips at the start and generate tremendous speed. Somehow starting with the bar further from my shins maximizes my leverages.

chris mason
05-09-2012, 09:23 AM
A strong guy to be sure. I've seen your vids on RX. Have you worked on your box squat technique a bit? You have so much potential.

chris mason
05-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Hey, and just an FYI, you should not get that psyched for every session. Your training maxes should be relatively relaxed. I know it has worked for you thus far, and I was the same way when I was your age, but take some wisdom from the Eastern scientists and train in a more mellow state. It will help to prevent injury and burnout. Save the psyche for meets or occasional all-time PR attempts. Like I said, you have so much potential, but without the right guidance you'll end up old and somewhat broken like me :).

SEOINAGE
05-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Hey, and just an FYI, you should not get that psyched for every session. Your training maxes should be relatively relaxed. I know it has worked for you thus far, and I was the same way when I was your age, but take some wisdom from the Eastern scientists and train in a more mellow state. It will help to prevent injury and burnout. Save the psyche for meets or occasional all-time PR attempts. Like I said, you have so much potential, but without the right guidance you'll end up old and somewhat broken like me :).

Hehe, broken is an understatement for some. The worst is not knowing what is really wrong.

The thing is, I actually start with the bar over the center of my feet, not right up against my shins. This allows me to dip my hips at the start and generate tremendous speed. Somehow starting with the bar further from my shins maximizes my leverages.

I used to have problems breaking the floor, then I was catching on my knees a few years ago. I now get more quads involved off the floor and it has helped me tremendously. That bar position is perfect for me to do that.

Niko_El_Piko
05-09-2012, 02:06 PM
I couldnīt agree more with Chris.
At 44 years I tend to see things from another perspective. Try to train "smarter". I know you feel you canīt break; believe me, training like that, some stuff will happen.

The best of lucks. Waiting that incredible vid. All the best.

Niko_El_Piko
05-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Pete, Iīve seen your video 700x5+3+2. Amazing.

What kind of barbell are you using?!?!!? It seems to be longer and thiner than the offical 7.2 feet & 29mm diameter, competition barbell.

chris mason
05-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Pete, Iīve seen your video 700x5+3+2. Amazing.

What kind of barbell are you using?!?!!? It seems to be longer and thiner than the offical 7.2 feet & 29mm diameter, competition barbell.

It looks like a deadliest bar you can get from Westside etc.

PeteRubish
05-13-2012, 10:52 PM
It's a Texas Deadlift Bar from elitefts.