PDA

View Full Version : Lunch ideas

Munky
05-19-2012, 05:31 PM
So im bulking and plan on stepping up my game. I work construction and get two breaks. Typically i'm eating a turkey sandwich on wheat for my 15min break, and for lunch i eat a turkey sandwich on wheat, some almonds, cup of yogurt and an apple. I want to start preparing better meals for the week ahead of time. So far im thinking chicken and rice with maybe some greens mixed in for one day and then maybe tuna and eggs the next day to switch it up. I usually have no way to heat these meals up so ill be eating whatever i have cold. Any meal ideas would be appreciated. Help a brotha bring his A game.

Jonathan E
05-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Man bulking on that would be hard for me haha. Especially cold chicken..my goodness.

Adding some nice, thick peanut butter and Jellies would be good. Lots and lots of nuts with your yogurt too. Maybe even buy some protein/granola bars.

thecityalive
05-20-2012, 01:01 AM
while not realyl caloric rich, tuna is portable and high in protein if you can open it on site (or make a sandwich at home). +1 on the PB (crunchy, none of that creamy shit)....bananas are cheap calories, too.

RichMcGuire
05-20-2012, 11:25 AM
If you're bulking, you could do lots of things..like add mayo to your turkey sandwhiches..bring peanuts...make 2 big pb and j's... bring a box of pop tarts to eat while you're on site. You could hit a mcdonalds up and get a couple double cheeseburgers on your way home. Make a big protein drink or two and bring it with you. Most keep fine in a thermos or cooler. You just need to get creative.

mike mcgee
05-21-2012, 12:56 PM
everyone already said PB, but I would bring a jar and a spoon and go to town. Also, you can add some protein powder, like Opticen. Put it in a shaker cup and add some water or milk. As far as other foods, chicken, steak etc... Do the prep work on Sundays and pack your meals for the week.

Cards
05-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Make some stuffed peppers. Buy the 3 pack (red,yellow,orange), half a cup of rice, 1 pound of beef, some mushrooms, and onions.

Brown beef, sautee onions and mushrooms while cooking the rice. Stir together when all done. Cut top of pepper off then proceed to stuff. Top with sauce, bake on 325 for 45 to an hour (until pepper is cooked).

To reheat, cut in half and microwave for 2 min.

Edit; I didn't see that you couldn't heat the food :windup: