PDA

View Full Version : Time between meets

Stonecutter
05-20-2012, 03:29 PM
I just completed my first meet yesterday. Some of the others I'm considering are all at the end of the year but very close to each other. Just as a general question, is there an average time one should wait between meets, or does it not matter at all?

Thanks guys

ScottYard
05-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Timing is only as good as the results LOL. I have done meets within a month of each other and done well or awful. Do what you want to based on having fun. Not neccessarily on results. Results come eventually but you can only earn experience on the platform. Experience equals results eventually.

Travis Bell
05-20-2012, 06:52 PM
I prefer to give myself a couple months in between meets, unless I perform poorly at a meet as a result of something that I can fix quickly.

vdizenzo
05-20-2012, 08:01 PM
If I hit a bad meet and feel I can correct it, I'll hit another meet within a month. Otherwise I need at the minimum 12 weeks between meets.

Stonecutter
05-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Alright thanks guys. Sounds good.

larsen540
05-21-2012, 07:45 AM
If I hit a bad meet and feel I can correct it, I'll hit another meet within a month. Otherwise I need at the minimum 12 weeks between meets.

Agreed

mastermonster
05-21-2012, 11:45 AM
I'll sometime lineup 2 meets a week apart to hit on the same peak cycle and have done well in both doing that. Usually I'll do an equipped meet 1st and follow it with a raw meet a week later. I won't train at all the week before either meet. If I don't do that I like at least 12 weeks between. 4 weeks or more just at higher volumn and lower intensity (like no more than 65%). Then 8 week out I start stepping it up about 5% a week and lowering the volumn. Longer than an 8 week peak cycle and I tend to burn out too early.