PDA

View Full Version : Is it true?

bkoman
05-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Is it true that when losing fat the last place it went on is the first place it comes off? For example, if someone gets fat and it starts accumulating on the stomach then chest then arms....it would come off arms then chest then stomach? Does that make any sense? Im asking this because i've been on a cut for the last 4 months (trying to lose no more than 1 to 1.5 pounds a week) and i've dropped about 23 pounds. Everywhere on my body is really starting to show definition except for my chest and stomach. It looks as if I have no muscle definition what so ever and while im seeing results elsewhere its kinda of demoralizing to see no changes in the areas I wish to see changes the most.

Thanks

joey54
05-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Males typically hold a good amount of fat in the abdomen area and is usually the stingiest to get rid of. Keep after it.

bkoman
05-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Alright thank you Joey thats good to know!

P.S. I apologize if my post seemed like it wasn't constructed very well. I lift at my house and I am currently in the middle of a workout (though its a bit half assed tonite im just coming off a fever), and this question was running through my head. I wanted to come ask the forum before I forgot so I did it while resting between sets.

su9062
05-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Is it true that when losing fat the last place it went on is the first place it comes off? For example, if someone gets fat and it starts accumulating on the stomach then chest then arms....it would come off arms then chest then stomach? Does that make any sense? Im asking this because i've been on a cut for the last 4 months (trying to lose no more than 1 to 1.5 pounds a week) and i've dropped about 23 pounds. Everywhere on my body is really starting to show definition except for my chest and stomach. It looks as if I have no muscle definition what so ever and while im seeing results elsewhere its kinda of demoralizing to see no changes in the areas I wish to see changes the most.

Thanks

Typically body stores fat in a way to minimize the work that needs to be done to carry it around. Meaning the order of storage would be first in the least mobile areas of the body doing day to day stuff. When losing fat, the same holds true. Fat from areas which has muscle groups with a lot of movement goes out first.

As an example, most people's fat loss shows in their facial muscles immediately within the first couple of weeks. Then calves, triceps, shoulders etc. As you can guess, the mid section is where the body can store fat most and spend least amount of energy carrying it around. So that would be the last to come off.

RhodeHouse
05-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Typically body stores fat in a way to minimize the work that needs to be done to carry it around. Meaning the order of storage would be first in the least mobile areas of the body doing day to day stuff. When losing fat, the same holds true. Fat from areas which has muscle groups with a lot of movement goes out first.

As an example, most people's fat loss shows in their facial muscles immediately within the first couple of weeks. Then calves, triceps, shoulders etc. As you can guess, the mid section is where the body can store fat most and spend least amount of energy carrying it around. So that would be the last to come off.

That's a very interesting way to put it. It makes total sense to me. Good stuff.