PDA

View Full Version : Knee Wraps For Deep Squats?

UncleAl
05-25-2012, 10:56 AM
I need knee wraps that will provide a good rebound but also allow me to get convincingly below parallel. Will this limit my selections? If so, any recommendations?

Dank27
05-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Bounce? or wraps that give a good rebound? The words bouncing and Deep Squats should never be used together>.

On my days where I like to go a deeper than normal I use a set of Z wraps from Inzer. They give nice support and rebound but they are not so still that they restrict you from movement.

Good Luck

RhodeHouse
05-25-2012, 12:03 PM
I like the Metal Wraps from Elitefts. I like the all black ones, but the white lines are good, too.

Going "deep" has nothing to do with wraps.

UncleAl
05-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Bounce? or wraps that give a good rebound? The words bouncing and Deep Squats should never be used together>.

Oops. Fixed it.

On my days where I like to go a deeper than normal I use a set of Z wraps from Inzer. They give nice support and rebound but they are not so still that they restrict you from movement.

Good Luck

Thanks. I'll check them out.

UncleAl
05-25-2012, 01:05 PM
I like the Metal Wraps from Elitefts. I like the all black ones, but the white lines are good, too.

Going "deep" has nothing to do with wraps.

Thank you. I've never used wraps and thought there might be different degrees of flexibility that could affect mobility.

Invain
05-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I have trouble going real deep with knee wraps on. Below parallel shouldn't be a problem but if you're used to sinking them ATF style you'll have trouble.

tom183
05-25-2012, 05:06 PM
I have trouble going real deep with knee wraps on. Below parallel shouldn't be a problem but if you're used to sinking them ATF style you'll have trouble.

I'm fairly new to using knee wraps but this is my experience also.

April Mathis
05-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Agree with kind of knee wraps shouldn't affect depth. You can put any on tight and get below parallel (you will probably not be able to "feel" how deep you are though). However, putting them on real tight having never used them before may mess with your form and balance at first. I have learned them putting them on a little tighter each time for awhile before consistently using them tight. I have only been using one pair a lot and they are APT black ones that I think are the strangulators kind. I tried a few others people let me borrow but didn't like the real stiff and thick ones. I tried some Inzer ones that were stretchier that were ok too and similar to the APT ones. They were black with yellow stripes not sure which ones those are, but I would also get a pair of those if I have some extra money to get some.

UncleAl
06-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Invain, Tom, and April - Thanks for responding.

Niko_El_Piko
06-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I use the THP 2 meter knee wraps from Ken Anderson.