PDA

View Full Version : Require some diet input

gunsryu
05-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Hello all,

Below is my current "bulking" diet and I was looking for some input on it in terms of making it a little less bland and tasteless. It's plain and boring but so far it's working for putting on the pounds, but I'd like to make it so when I eat it everyday I'm not gagging as it feels like I'm eating mush.

~2.2lbs of lean ground beef
4 cups of rice
4 cups of broccoli
4 cups of green beans
4 cups of chopped carrots

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

tom183
05-27-2012, 11:37 PM
That's your diet? As in, that's all you eat?

gunsryu
05-27-2012, 11:51 PM
That's your diet? As in, that's all you eat?
It is!
What do I need more of? Everything?

RichMcGuire
05-28-2012, 12:54 AM
how much weight have you gained on that little amount?

RhodeHouse
05-28-2012, 08:12 PM
You really need to do some reading on nutrition and, in your case, gaining weight.

Bako Lifter
05-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Well it is about 4,000 calories...

You need to eat other things. Youre missing out on tons of vitamins and other nutrients.

RichMcGuire
05-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Well it is about 4,000 calories...

You need to eat other things. Youre missing out on tons of vitamins and other nutrients.

Depends on how lean the ground beef is. I figured it out to be about 2600 Calories with the cooked rice and beef with only 10% fat. It would also make a difference if the broccoli was actually "1 cup chopped broccoli" or "1 cup broccoli, chopped". Youll get entirely different Calories.

Thats why I was really curious if he was gaining off that amount.

DontTakeEmOff31
05-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Hello all,

Below is my current "bulking" diet and I was looking for some input on it in terms of making it a little less bland and tasteless. It's plain and boring but so far it's working for putting on the pounds, but I'd like to make it so when I eat it everyday I'm not gagging as it feels like I'm eating mush.

~2.2lbs of lean ground beef
4 cups of rice
4 cups of broccoli
4 cups of green beans
4 cups of chopped carrots

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

The gagging comes with serious bulking, just part of the game. Get used to it. I find that watching TV or listening to TV shows or podcasts (Just Big is one of my favorite, and you would learn some things about lifting and eating) helps take the mind off of the food.

The beef and rice is a good start, but you'll need more. Add eggs, bacon, milk, some meal bars, whey protein, peanut butter. More variety and more food, and more milk, always more milk.

RichMcGuire
05-29-2012, 11:26 AM
The gagging comes with serious bulking, just part of the game. Get used to it. I find that watching TV or listening to TV shows or podcasts (Just Big is one of my favorite, and you would learn some things about lifting and eating) helps take the mind off of the food.

Yea, thats what I've done too. If its your favorite show, you can just slam the food as fast as possible while you watch t.v. There are meals I would never have been able to put down had I not done this.

BigFudge
05-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Wow, you really need to expand your food selection man.