PDA

View Full Version : BCAA+ when to take?

D-RAS03
05-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Is timing important with it? When should I take it? Thanks.

Tom Mutaffis
05-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Is timing important with it? When should I take it? Thanks.

Depends, what are you using it for?

If you are looking for something to help increase performance/recovery and prevent muscle breakdown during long training sessions then I would take it intra-workout. If you are looking for something to help you to maintain muscle mass while on a restricted diet then I would take the BCAA's between meals.

D-RAS03
05-31-2012, 03:08 PM
Depends, what are you using it for?

If you are looking for something to help increase performance/recovery and prevent muscle breakdown during long training sessions then I would take it intra-workout. If you are looking for something to help you to maintain muscle mass while on a restricted diet then I would take the BCAA's between meals.

I'm cutting right now. So I would take it between every meal? Or just once a day? Thanks

Behemoth
05-31-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm cutting right now. So I would take it between every meal? Or just once a day? Thanks

You should be fine between meals given ordinary circumstances. If you're not then your nutrition probably sucks and it should be addressed prior to supplementation.

For the BCAA think times that are not "ordinary" -- like an excessively long time lapse between meals or heavily increased activity (like training).

Tom Mutaffis
05-31-2012, 06:52 PM
This:

You should be fine between meals given ordinary circumstances. If you're not then your nutrition probably sucks and it should be addressed prior to supplementation.

For the BCAA think times that are not "ordinary" -- like an excessively long time lapse between meals or heavily increased activity (like training).

With regard to dosing I would say that 2-3 scoops intra-workout would be the ideal dose based on what I have seen in studies. If your training sessions are not overly long in duration or overly intense then 1-2 scoops could be sufficient.

D-RAS03
05-31-2012, 08:05 PM
This:

With regard to dosing I would say that 2-3 scoops intra-workout would be the ideal dose based on what I have seen in studies. If your training sessions are not overly long in duration or overly intense then 1-2 scoops could be sufficient.

My workouts are from HCT-12 the A-B-A-B but I workout every other day and it's very intense. I will try two scoops when I lift next. So how much of BCAA+ I take in a day won't bother me? Like two scoops workout out days and maybe three non workout days? My diet is ~ok. Needs work though.

larsen540
06-05-2012, 08:29 AM
I think that is perfect.