PDA

View Full Version : Any plans on bringing back the protein bars?

D-RAS03
06-01-2012, 09:52 AM
They were perfect for on the go. And I don't trust the stuff at GNC or Wal-Mart. Or maybe recommend a brand that's good to go?

sfreemanii
06-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Quest Bars are great tasting and all natural. 20 grams of protein and low glycemic carbs. I think if you like them on facebook you can get two free bars. I like the peanut butter flavor.

Alex.V
06-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Quest bars- aren't those the ones with crazy amounts of fiber in them?

chris mason
06-07-2012, 08:22 PM
No plans at this time.

D-RAS03
06-07-2012, 08:24 PM
No plans at this time.

Recommand another brand? Thanks

NITF
06-07-2012, 08:35 PM
No plans at this time.

Works for me; I'm sure there's a logical cost benefit ratio behind it for you - for me, I am kinda over protein bars... IMHO, they're just high protein candy bars, which is not what I want in my diet anymore... novus bars were great for what they were and I enjoyed them in the past but I'm happy to see AtLarge focus on a core of successful, premium products...

D-RAS03
06-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Works for me; I'm sure there's a logical cost benefit ratio behind it for you - for me, I am kinda over protein bars... IMHO, they're just high protein candy bars, which is not what I want in my diet anymore... novus bars were great for what they were and I enjoyed them in the past but I'm happy to see AtLarge focus on a core of successful, premium products...

See that's all great for you but some people spend a lot of time away from home so need a meal on the go.

Behemoth
06-09-2012, 11:00 AM
See that's all great for you but some people spend a lot of time away from home so need a meal on the go.

Lots of people do that too. There are countless threads around here about meals that can be packed on the go. As for recommendations on other bars Tom Mutaffis just made a thread about a week ago with some suggestions here - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?153445-No-Melt-Protein-Bars

sfreemanii
06-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Quest bars- aren't those the ones with crazy amounts of fiber in them?
Yeah, there is 18g of fiber in each bar and only 1 gram of sugar. Each bar also has 20 grams of protein. They are great for a snack.

NITF
06-09-2012, 09:46 PM

Well I do appreciate the desire for flexibility, and protein bars are a VERY convenient source of portable calories/protein. Personally, I just do without if I can't get real food or a protein shake... and I probably spend more time away from home than most.

D-RAS03
06-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Lots of people do that too. There are countless threads around here about meals that can be packed on the go. As for recommendations on other bars Tom Mutaffis just made a thread about a week ago with some suggestions here - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?153445-No-Melt-Protein-Bars

Thanks. Missed that thread.

underthebar
06-10-2012, 12:09 PM
I am a fan of the Clif Builder bars. Buy them in bulk from localk Sam's club

Alex.V
06-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Yeah, there is 18g of fiber in each bar and only 1 gram of sugar. Each bar also has 20 grams of protein. They are great for a snack.

Holy crap. That's a buttload of fiber. I wouldn't make eating those a regular thing.

....Feel free to add your own.

Cards
06-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Holy crap. That's a buttload of fiber...

I see what you did there.

Tom Mutaffis
06-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Holy crap. That's a buttload of fiber. I wouldn't make eating those a regular thing.

....Feel free to add your own.

Agreed, I tried them and only ate half of the bar because of the fiber content. I tried the cinnamon bun flavored one and did not care for the taste - but taste is subjective.

For someone who is going to eat protein bars on a regular basis you may want to look at Pure Protein bars from Costo. They are the smaller size bars (20g protein) but the package comes with three flavors (six bars of each) and they are under $1/each.

Alex.V
06-12-2012, 11:06 AM
I see what you did there.

Also, "regular" thing. snicker snicker.

stanton
06-22-2012, 07:20 AM
I second the Pure protein bars. Good ratios and they taste pretty good.