PDA

View Full Version : Prilepin's chart/table

Ripe1
06-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Hello everyone. Has anyone used the Prilepin's chart and how many weeks did you run it before going for a new max?

t gale
06-02-2012, 02:51 PM
HI RIPE1, TALK TO TONE BARBACCIO HE HAS READ ABOUT IT. HE WRITES MY TRAINING PROGRAMS BASED OFF PRILEPIN'C CHART. I HAVE USED IT OVER THE PAST YEAR. USUALLY A 12-16 WEEK PROGRAM AND WE NORMALLY MAX ABOUT 8 WEEKS IN.

chris mason
06-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Well, a couple of points, the chart is reflects number of reps to do a at a given intensity level. It isn't a training template per se.

Next, the chart was developed based upon Olympic lifters. It is not 100% applicable to powerlifters at the higher end of the chart although it is pretty close.

bald bull
06-02-2012, 09:10 PM
yes, i was wondering about using it as well, but i think us powerlifters have to stick towardsw the min reps if im correct?

Brian Hopper
06-02-2012, 09:44 PM
HI RIPE1, TALK TO TONE BARBACCIO HE HAS READ ABOUT IT. HE WRITES MY TRAINING PROGRAMS BASED OFF PRILEPIN'C CHART. I HAVE USED IT OVER THE PAST YEAR. USUALLY A 12-16 WEEK PROGRAM AND WE NORMALLY MAX ABOUT 8 WEEKS IN.

Same here, i've been working with Tone since the beginning of the year and have seen some great progress. I just hit 10lb PR's on all 3 lifts with just 8 weeks of training. I'm not saying you'll see the same results, what I am saying is that the chart works.

RhodeHouse
06-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Prilipen's Chart works well for powerlifting. You have to get yourself conditioned to handle the high volume of work, though. I work on the top end of the rep ranges and I'm making great progress. It took me about 6 weeks to get in shape before i really started feeling good.

The trick is figuring out how many exercises to do following the chart. We use a variation of traditional Block mixed with RTS. Figure out how many exercises per week you want to Block (prilipen's Chart) and then fill in the blanks.

Ripe1
06-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks everyone. I got in touch with Tone Barbaccio and he gave me some good advice. And yes, it looks like I'm going to gas out for a few weeks unless I take 10 minute breaks between sets. Sounds like a great way to spend the summer

Brian Hopper
06-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks everyone. I got in touch with Tone Barbaccio and he gave me some good advice. And yes, it looks like I'm going to gas out for a few weeks unless I take 10 minute breaks between sets. Sounds like a great way to spend the summer

It's really not that bad. I usually take 2 minute rest periods between my warm-up sets and about 3 minutes between my working sets. On my last set I usually take a little longer because I usually try for some extra reps, so my resting time is about 5 minutes.