PDA

View Full Version : meeting macros on the go

yayeti
06-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Hey Im gonna be living out of a hotel for the next month and will not have access to a kitchen. I will still be going to the gym 3x per week. Im looking for meal ideas that are super portable and don't need cooking. I got protein shakes, bread, bagels, oatmeal. I have a microwave. I will also be away 12 hours per day. I feel like the most problematic thing will be protein.

Im perfectly fine with eating alot of the same thing but just want some ideas to give me some variety. Im trying to hit about 150 protein/ 180 carbs/ 65 fat per day.

3fingerVic
06-03-2012, 05:52 AM
Find a Costco and buy canned tuna, salmon and chicken. You can also get small cans of veggies there, and a bag of potatoes. You can cook the potatoes before you leave the room, and just eat everything else out of the can.

Behemoth
06-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Should be pretty simple. I wouldn't be afraid of living off shakes for your protein... I'm not on the go but consume nearly all my protein from shakes daily. Throw in a can of mixed nuts, some cereal, maybe some fruit and you're set.

yayeti
06-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Hmm for some reason I thought it wasnt good to rely just on shakes..dont remember why though, something about being a complete protein or amino acids..

if all i eat all day is bread, a bagel, protein shakes, apple, banana, peanut butter...is there anything I should supplement besides a multi vitamin and fish oil?

also I have these free BCAA from atlarge, when should I take this?

krazylarry
06-04-2012, 12:40 AM
There is no scientific basis for saying whole food is better than a shake. As for as being a complete protein whey has a higher bioavailability than any whole food.

Albany
06-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Throw in a can of mixed nuts, some cereal, maybe some fruit and you're set.

DavyRen
06-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Should be pretty simple. I wouldn't be afraid of living off shakes for your protein... I'm not on the go but consume nearly all my protein from shakes daily. Throw in a can of mixed nuts, some cereal, maybe some fruit and you're set.

It's been a while since I was on here but it's refreshing to hear this especially from yourself as you do know what you are talking about

DavyRen
06-04-2012, 01:13 AM
There is no scientific basis for saying whole food is better than a shake. As for as being a complete protein whey has a higher bioavailability than any whole food.

I'm loving this

Sunnymayflowers
06-04-2012, 12:45 PM
id do the vegetables you can heat up, potatoes, canned tuna, protien shakes, maybe get already made food from organic food stores

yayeti
06-04-2012, 09:46 PM
what about BCAA how many times a day do you take it and when do you take it? What about on non workout days.

Jonathan E
06-04-2012, 11:53 PM
what about BCAA how many times a day do you take it and when do you take it? What about on non workout days.

Take it during your workout. On off days, just put a little in a protein shake whenever convenient.