PDA

View Full Version : Count the 50grams of carbs in RESULTS?

D-RAS03
06-03-2012, 10:31 PM
When I count all my macros I never count the 50 grams of carbs from RESULTS. It comes all from dextrose. Do you count it? Should I? Do carbs as dextrose count as the same as say brown rice? Thanks

krazylarry
06-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Yes count the carbs. Dextrose is a sugar.

tom183
06-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Do you count it? Should I?

Yes. Why wouldn't you?

D-RAS03
06-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Yes. Why wouldn't you?

I'm going down to doing 1 gram of carbs per body weight and they say to eat what weight you want to be. I have to be 170lbs. I take RESULTS everyday. That's 1/3 of my carbs right there.

Ramrod
06-04-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm going down to doing 1 gram of carbs per body weight and they say to eat what weight you want to be. I have to be 170lbs. I take RESULTS everyday. That's 1/3 of my carbs right there.

I think your thinking of Protein. Carbs are based of other means.

D-RAS03
06-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I think your thinking of Protein. Carbs are based of other means.

How so? Always told to eat 1-1.5gr of protein and carbs per lb of BW. .5gr of fat per lb of BW

D-RAS03
06-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Do carbs as dextrose count as the same as say brown rice?
Can anyone elaborate on this for me? Wouldn't complex carbs be different than simple sugars? I can see one sticks around longer for longer energy and the other is quick. Is that the only difference?

Behemoth
06-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Do carbs as dextrose count as the same as say brown rice?
Can anyone elaborate on this for me? Wouldn't complex carbs be different than simple sugars? I can see one sticks around longer for longer energy and the other is quick. Is that the only difference?

Are you trolling? You've been here 6 years and this is a pretty elementary concept. Yes dextrose absolutely counts the same as brown rice or any other carb.

Regardless of how fast it's digested or utilized it still contains the same amount of energy. A gallon of gasoline contains X amount of calories/joules of energy. If you trickle a pencil thin line down the road for 2 miles and light it on fire it will still create the same amount of heat/light as if you lit the jug on fire, regardless of if the it took twice as long to burn one way than the other.

D-RAS03
06-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Are you trolling? You've been here 6 years and this is a pretty elementary concept. Yes dextrose absolutely counts the same as brown rice or any other carb.

Regardless of how fast it's digested or utilized it still contains the same amount of energy. A gallon of gasoline contains X amount of calories/joules of energy. If you trickle a pencil thin line down the road for 2 miles and light it on fire it will still create the same amount of heat/light as if you lit the jug on fire, regardless of if the it took twice as long to burn one way than the other.

No I'm not trolling it was a serious question. I have never read into sugars as I have as other carbs such as pasta, rice,etc.. Maybe I should think before trying to learn so I don't come across as elementary. Thanks for your help