PDA

View Full Version : First Canvas Suit

Dank27
06-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Hey Everyone

I want to make the move from a poly suit to my first Canvas suit.

I am thinking Inzer Leviathan or Overkill Hybrid. Currently I am using the same Overkill 2ply Poly to Sq and DL.

Let me know what you guys think about which suit and any pointer I should know about sizing the first Suit.

Currently I am using Metal Jack briefs but may consider an Overkill 2ply. Thanks

Dan

theBarzeen
06-07-2012, 06:41 PM
I've used Frantz and Overkill, currently using both an overkill hybrid and an overkill 2-ply poly ( used to be 4 ply but was WAY too much for me) over Overkill 3-ply briefs.....

Honestly, if you are new to canvas but are used to a tight poly it shouldn't be too hard to a change. The poly starts loading up earlier in the lift whereas the canvas loads more, but much later in the ROM.

As with anything new, I'd order the Overkill a 1/2" big to accommodate learning the suit ( you can wear a canvas a little looser than a poly too) and just tighten it if you need to later..... way easier to tighten a suit than loosen it

Regardless of which one you choose, good luck making the switch.

Zac Whalen
06-08-2012, 10:43 AM
I wear a Leviathan and love it. I switched over to canvas from a super tight poly (metal ace) and have been hitting PR's ever since. In fact, I wore the same suit at 198 as I do now at 230 with no alterations and it still isn't super jacked. In general, i think canvas works better for people who squat upright and wide. People with more forward lean or a narrower stance tend to do better in poly. And lastly, your techinque has to be spot on with a canvas because there is not nearly as much give.