PDA

View Full Version : Speed squats from today

chris mason
06-08-2012, 09:02 PM
This was my last set of speed squats. We used the cambered bar plus blue bands. The bar load is 400 lbs and the bands add about 200 lbs of tension at the top with the cambered bar due to its shape.

qcDD5xn89E4

ScottYard
06-09-2012, 06:27 AM
We have been contemplating a cambered bar. Is it keep much different then a ssb? Nice speed by the way.

Brian Hopper
06-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Looked good and fast!!!

chris mason
06-09-2012, 08:49 AM
We have been contemplating a cambered bar. Is it keep much different then a ssb? Nice speed by the way.

Definitely. You get a pendulum motion with the bar that really forces you to keep everything very tight. A very different feel than the SSB and it is also better for good mornings.

Thanks on the speed.

BloodandThunder
06-09-2012, 11:18 AM
GMs with a Cambered Bar are pure torture lol

Brandon Lilly
06-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Only thing I see that I'd really focus on is one, unracking with your head more upright. Two, release your hips, not your core. Looks like your abs are caving a little bit.

Scott I think the cambered bar is a very good tool for the reason Chris gave. Lots of wobble is created if you get loose.

chris mason
06-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Only thing I see that I'd really focus on is one, unracking with your head more upright. Two, release your hips, not your core. Looks like your abs are caving a little bit.

Scott I think the cambered bar is a very good tool for the reason Chris gave. Lots of wobble is created if you get loose.

I use my upper back when I squat. It is a particular strength of mine and helps to compensate for tightness in my groin etc. which prevents me from taking a wider stance. Your point is well taken, but the form works best for me for now. I am hoping some guys in CT will be able to help with the tightness issue in the next few months.