PDA

View Full Version : countering increased blood urea

akshat
06-11-2012, 10:23 PM
hey..i am a 72 kg guy who started bodybuilding 6 months back..i recently took some blood tests and found that my blood urea and cholesterol was increased. My diet consists of 400-500 gm boneless chicken breast, 15 eggs and 2 scoops( 25 gms each) of whey protein supplement. please, can anyone tell me that wat shud i change in my diet to counter the increased urea and cholestrol?

NYYLonghorn
06-12-2012, 03:51 AM
hey..i am a 72 kg guy who started bodybuilding 6 months back..i recently took some blood tests and found that my blood urea and cholesterol was increased. My diet consists of 400-500 gm boneless chicken breast, 15 eggs and 2 scoops( 25 gms each) of whey protein supplement. please, can anyone tell me that wat shud i change in my diet to counter the increased urea and cholestrol?

When kidneys become compromised due to diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, creatinine and urea levels increase. It isn't so much as what to eat, but keeping the body's filtration system well lubricated by drinking more water to flush out impurities. When this is accomplished, urea and creatine levels will reduce.

Naturally you can adds things to your diet such adding more fibre,eating more fish and taking a omega 3 fatty acids. I have high cholesterol and what helped me the most was lowering my saturated fat intake. If your eating 15 eggs a day i would maybe make sure that most of that is egg whites. I kept my diet as clean as possible and that help a lot. If your cholesterol doesn't go down you will probably need meds to help control it.

Honestly this is not the place to help you with these problems because irregular blood urea and cholesterol levels can be very dangerous. The best thing you could do is consult with your doctor and discuss what steps you need to take to control both issues.