PDA

View Full Version : Nitrean+ and Leucine

Codeguru
06-18-2012, 10:32 AM
I ordered two large tubs of the Nitrean+ Vanilla and I'm thinking of switching back to plain Nitrean because I prefer the taste more. Is there another supplement you sell that would give the Leucine, like in pill form or something?...

Tom Mutaffis
06-18-2012, 12:36 PM
I ordered two large tubs of the Nitrean+ Vanilla and I'm thinking of switching back to plain Nitrean because I prefer the taste more. Is there another supplement you sell that would give the Leucine, like in pill form or something?...

Based on a recent email it looks like ALN is going to be discontinuing standard Nitrean in the near future, so you may want to stock up when the Vanilla becomes available.

You can purchase Leucine in powder and add it to your shakes although this would likely be more expensive than Nitrean+. A good alternative might be to simply get some BCAA+ and use that for intra-workout and regular nitrean for post workout assuming that is what you are using it for. If you are drinking shakes between meals or for MRP purposes then you could stick with the regular Nitrean and maybe just use a bit more if you are worried about getting enough Leucine.

Codeguru
06-18-2012, 04:10 PM
That's a real shame regular Nitrean is dying. I honestly have just been eating more chicken breast because I can't stand the taste of the Nitrean+ Vanilla. The Nitrean Vanilla was literally the only protein powder I actually liked using. Really I just use it for an easy shot of protein to get my 170-200g a day, and yes after workouts. I suppose it's back to chicken breast only, no use in depending on something that won't be available. Thanks for the info...

D-RAS03
06-18-2012, 04:30 PM
That's a real shame regular Nitrean is dying. I honestly have just been eating more chicken breast because I can't stand the taste of the Nitrean+ Vanilla. The Nitrean Vanilla was literally the only protein powder I actually liked using. Really I just use it for an easy shot of protein to get my 170-200g a day, and yes after workouts. I suppose it's back to chicken breast only, no use in depending on something that won't be available. Thanks for the info...

Why not add something to give it a better flavor? That's what I do if Im not a fan of a supplements taste.

Codeguru
06-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Why not add something to give it a better flavor? That's what I do if Im not a fan of a supplements taste.

Nitrean Vanilla was exceptionally great in milk. I tried making a chocolate milkshake out of nitrean+, and even though it worked to a degree, that would be a lot of calories just to cover up the taste. Maybe Nitrean+ strawberry will be good, I dunno. I honestly can't see how people don't notice the difference in taste between nitrean and nitrean+. I know the main idea is the quality of protein, but I'm still disappointed to lose access to something that just plain worked right out of the tub and into some milk. Nice and quick...

chris mason
06-18-2012, 09:34 PM
When did you last order Nitrean+ vanilla? We have revised the flavoring and it is totally different and probably more to your liking.

Codeguru
06-19-2012, 10:07 AM
When did you last order Nitrean+ vanilla? We have revised the flavoring and it is totally different and probably more to your liking.

I ordered my two tubs at the end of January. As lame as it sounds, are you guys planning to offer a sample case for nitrean flavors? I'd just hate to get stuck with another tub that I probably won't touch...

chris mason
06-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Yep, the flavor has been changed since you ordered. I can't say you will love it, but I am 99% sure you will like it much better.

No sample packs, but if you order anything from us you can always request a sample. We make them individually and include them with the order. I also always tell customers that if they order one tub I and don't like it I will refund them.

DoUgL@S
06-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Still powering through the old Vanilla Nitrean+. It has been on my shelf faster than any other of the Nitrean products. Looking forward to tasting the new and improved formula.