PDA

View Full Version : New Video - 470 lb deadlift at 156 lb bw. No belt. No straps. 3.01 x bw.

AndrewMcInroy
06-20-2012, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5tl-KRzK14

Working towards 500 lbs.

tmor6
06-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Please mods, please ban this guy. Solid lift, but dude after your last two videos why in the world did you not cut out the BS? Leave, just leave.

Off Road
06-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Please post these in the video section.

Alex.V
06-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Congrats, out of all the 3x bodyweight pullers on this site, you're the lightest.

Of the sub 160 guys who pull more than 3x their bodyweight, you're the weakest.

Cheers.

JohnnyRingo
06-20-2012, 03:37 PM
What was mark rippetoe's quote? "you can be 165 and shredded, but with a shirt on you're still skinny"

Cards
06-20-2012, 03:55 PM
I love this forum

tmor6
06-20-2012, 03:57 PM
What was mark rippetoe's quote? "you can be 165 and shredded, but with a shirt on you're still skinny"

+10. This.

AndrewMcInroy
06-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Let's see the above posters vids and pictures of themselves. Let's see that you look better than me and also that you're stronger than me and do it with out a straps and belt.

tmor6
06-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Let's see the above posters vids and pictures of themselves. Let's see that you look better than me and also that you're stronger than me and do it with out a straps and belt.

HAHAHA! Let me put it this way: I went to the gym today with my weight lifting partner, Brian. It was a chest/tri/abs day. He weighs 165 pds and is about as "cut" as you. We started off with the flat bench. His warm up was 60 pound DB. My warm up was 85 pd DB. He's max rep was 80 pd DB. Mine was 120 pd DB because that's as big as the DB go. He looked like every other gym rat in there - attempting, with poor form (which you've demonstrated and acknowledged), the most amount of weight he could possibly move. At the same time, my WARM-UP set was more than his MAX set.

Let's meet up some time. I'll spot you when it's your turn. When it's my turn, I'll ask someone who can lift some decent weight to spot me while you take notes (FYI: I don't need a F*****ing spotter).

joey54
06-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Guys, I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but the "f" word is on par with the "n" word anymore. Not something I particulary care about personally, but just use some other type of language please.

joey54
06-20-2012, 08:29 PM

It seems like you joined here expecting people to feed your ego and it may not have turned out the way you envisioned. Well, the summer of shred is just around the corner, so keep that chin up buster!

Alex.V
06-20-2012, 08:30 PM

There are pictures of me out there. I can outlift you, outrun you, and outlast you in any sport you choose. I outweigh you by 70 pounds. I am leaner than you. And there are plenty of people on this site who can make me look like a little bitch in ANY of those respects.

Oh, and they are ALL more modest and humble than either of us.

JohnnyRingo
06-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Guys, I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but the "f" word is on par with the "n" word anymore. Not something I particulary care about personally, but just use some other type of language please.
I was just quoting something I read, but how do you figure that?

NickAus
06-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Ha haha hah this stuff is great!

BTW my buddy is around 160ish and can pull over 500, he is not a world class lifter by any means, just strong.

AndrewMcInroy
06-20-2012, 10:39 PM
HAHAHA! Let me put it this way: I went to the gym today with my weight lifting partner, Brian. It was a chest/tri/abs day. He weighs 165 pds and is about as "cut" as you. We started off with the flat bench. His warm up was 60 pound DB. My warm up was 85 pd DB. He's max rep was 80 pd DB. Mine was 120 pd DB because that's as big as the DB go. He looked like every other gym rat in there - attempting, with poor form (which you've demonstrated and acknowledged), the most amount of weight he could possibly move. At the same time, my WARM-UP set was more than his MAX set.

Let's meet up some time. I'll spot you when it's your turn. When it's my turn, I'll ask someone who can lift some decent weight to spot me while you take notes (FYI: I don't need a F*****ing spotter).

so let's see some pictures and vids of YOU. And let's see you beat my deadlift pound for pound with no straps and no belt and also do it while being shredded. I'll be waiting. Til then you're all talk.

AndrewMcInroy
06-20-2012, 10:41 PM
It seems like you joined here expecting people to feed your ego and it may not have turned out the way you envisioned. Well, the summer of shred is just around the corner, so keep that chin up buster!

lol I don't think I am the strongest guy in the world by far... hell I ain't even impressed with my lift. But maybe this will motivate someone.

AndrewMcInroy
06-20-2012, 10:42 PM
There are pictures of me out there. I can outlift you, outrun you, and outlast you in any sport you choose. I outweigh you by 70 pounds. I am leaner than you. And there are plenty of people on this site who can make me look like a little bitch in ANY of those respects.

Oh, and they are ALL more modest and humble than either of us.

mmmhmmm. So you have a deadlift that is better than 3.01 x bw and you do it without belt and without straps? And you can do it shredded? I'll be waiting to see a video of this. Hey I don't have any disrespect for you man but you disrespect me. If you can do it then I congratulate you and think you are awesome. But til then, why hate on me?

AndrewMcInroy
06-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Ha haha hah this stuff is great!

BTW my buddy is around 160ish and can pull over 500, he is not a world class lifter by any means, just strong.

amazing lift. He inspires me then. Any vids?

AndrewMcInroy
06-20-2012, 10:44 PM
And obviously I am not world class.. .don't know why people come on here hating on me... Is it because of the pics? So what, I can do the lifts shredded and that is the point... you don't have to have a high body fat percentage to pick up a heavy weight.

JohnnyRingo
06-20-2012, 11:00 PM
And obviously I am not world class.. .don't know why people come on here hating on me... Is it because of the pics? So what, I can do the lifts shredded and that is the point... you don't have to have a high body fat percentage to pick up a heavy weight.

The problem isn't your weight, your body, or your lift. How can you watch your video and not think "damn I'm a douche waffle". Why not just post a video of the lift instead of this hey bitches jump on my jimmy i gotz a 6 pack video? Try hey guys I pulled 470, 3x body weight! with a video of the lift, and leave the myspace level crap for someone who cares mang.

03mach421
06-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Nobody would be hating on you if you didn't present such an egotistical attitude. If you are strong, people will know it just by looking at your numbers. No need to gloat about it and shove it down everyone's throats.

joey54
06-21-2012, 05:00 AM
I was just quoting something I read, but how do you figure that?

I don't figure anything. It is how it is. Call someone a fag or a nigger or a spic at work sometime. See if the response from hr is any different.

DontTakeEmOff31
06-21-2012, 05:31 AM
Get over this pound for pound shit, thats what little guys like you use to feel stronger. You're a little twerp. 150 x 3 is 450, 200 x 3 is 600, which one is easier to hit? Weight on the body doesn't translate to to weight on the bar 100%. It's not linear.

Shredded, small, and ripped is nothing special. Notice that you have to also say you are small. SMALL. Any twerp can be a lean 160. A bunch of girls weigh more than you, and are far from fat.

Alex.V
06-21-2012, 07:01 AM
mmmhmmm. So you have a deadlift that is better than 3.01 x bw and you do it without belt and without straps? And you can do it shredded? I'll be waiting to see a video of this. Hey I don't have any disrespect for you man but you disrespect me. If you can do it then I congratulate you and think you are awesome. But til then, why hate on me?

Yes. You'll excuse me if I don't post a video filled with posing shots and music. Enough people on here have known me for enough years to know I don't bullshit.

Perhaps the surprising thing to me is that YOU'RE surprised. It's not that remarkable. Maybe if you saw a little more of what was out there, you'd be slightly less impressed with yourself.

AndrewMcInroy
06-21-2012, 08:33 AM
lol so many haters in here. Okay in a video where you want to prove that you can have low bf percentage while being strong, you obviously need to show scenes wehre you are ripped and scenes wehre you are strong. What is so hard to understand here.

FearFactory
06-21-2012, 08:51 AM
3 things..

1) 470 lb dead is impressive, regardless of your weight. Most people in the gym struggle with 315, so good job there.

2) Prefacing videos with shirtless pictures on the beach is extremely lame and does not fit at all with the attitude of this forum. Either post a video of your lift, period, end of story or if you want to show your physique, make it a bodybuilding oriented thread showing you practicing your posing or something actually related to bodybuilding. Don't just stand on the beach thinking you are the man because you have abs. Ego stroking is not encouraged here.

3) "Pound for pound" lifts are extremely over rated. It is akin to a person owning a 155 hp 1.8 liter Honda Civic saying his car is better than my 460 hp 5.7 liter LS1 Vette because he has a higher power/liter ratio.

Off Road
06-21-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm not going to tell you that you shouldn't post these videos. Heck, do whatever you want, they're your goals not mine.

However, you've posted enough of these videos here on WBB to know what type of response you'll get. So don't act suprised when it happens. Post them, reply to the guys that appreciate it, ignore those that don't, and move on. If you continue to post these and get aggrivated by the response, then that is nothing short of trolling.

Alex.V
06-21-2012, 09:18 AM
3) "Pound for pound" lifts are extremely over rated. It is akin to a person owning a 155 hp 1.8 liter Honda Civic saying his car is better than my 460 hp 5.7 liter LS1 Vette because he has a higher power/liter ratio.

Car analogy. Hell yes.

Alex.V
06-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Okay in a video where you want to prove

I think this might be the problem, and maybe why we're not all on the same page... you'd be preaching to the choir. Nobody here doubts you can be ripped and strong- quite a few folks here ARE. If you were showing this video to a bunch of your buddies who were saying "Yeah, I don't want to lift heavy because you'd end up just being big and fat, and I want to be lean", then it'd make sense. But you're showing this to an audience that's well aware you can do both, so in our eye this is just fishing for compliments.

Given how many obscenely strong guys are on this board, (none of whom make a big deal out of it or ask for compliments), you can hopefully see why the response is a little less than friendly.

K Y L E
06-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Reading this thread was a great start to my day. Thanks bros.

Behemoth
06-21-2012, 09:42 AM
lol so many haters in here. Okay in a video where you want to prove that you can have low bf percentage while being strong, you obviously need to show scenes wehre you are ripped and scenes wehre you are strong. What is so hard to understand here.
You don't have haters you just have people who know you're a douchebag.

You're not ripped or aesthetic either. Keep working on it fella

FearFactory
06-21-2012, 10:04 AM
FYI from May 28th thread..

"sorry guys I won't be including that crap at the end of my videos anymore. Appreciate the honest feedback. Still learning about what the youtube community wants to see..."

FearFactory
06-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Car analogy. Hell yes.

=)

Not only that but the deadlift is easily the least impressive lb for lb lift out of the big 3 anyway.