PDA

View Full Version : Tom Mutaffis - Dynamic Box Squats

Tom Mutaffis
06-25-2012, 09:55 AM
First time using the Safety Squat Bar...

xO1twJDd7qo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO1twJDd7qo

chris mason
06-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Tom,

You have to sit back a bit more. You want your shins at 90 degrees or less when sitting on the box. The 2nd set was a bit too high of a load for speed work.

Other than that, cool to see you doing them and looking as thick as ever!

Tom Mutaffis
06-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Tom,

You have to sit back a bit more. You want your shins at 90 degrees or less when sitting on the box. The 2nd set was a bit too high of a load for speed work.

Other than that, cool to see you doing them and looking as thick as ever!

Thank you for the pointers - I was not sure how far back on the box you are supposed to sit and if you should 'unload' at the bottom when you come down onto the box (still keeping the back tight but transitioning the load to the box). The second set was definitely a bit heavy since I stalled a little bit in the middle... but since I filmed it I figured that I would post it up.

My Fiance is getting back into Crossfit on the weekends and so hopefully I can train there a bit more regularly since they have a great setup for powerlifting, olympic lifting, and GPP/conditioning work.

GazzyG
06-27-2012, 04:16 AM
Mighty work, Tom! Would it be wise to bolt your rack down? You almost knocked it clean across the room, haha

Tom Mutaffis
07-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Mighty work, Tom! Would it be wise to bolt your rack down? You almost knocked it clean across the room, haha

Thank you!

I noticed the rack movement in the video as well and am going to put some plates on the rack next time to keep it in place.