PDA

View Full Version : Need way to cut body fat....

Riggs
06-15-2002, 11:43 AM
hello this is my first post here but ive been surfing the forums for a couple days now and I was just wondering how I would go about cutting my body fat down a considerable percentage without losing much muscle. I hear so many ways to do it these days I don't which way has any truth to it.

im 16, 5'10, 161 lbs and have 19% bf :eek:. I also have a bigger bone frame then most so I look bigger then I really am(not that fat) Im trying to cut this down to 10% in about 3 months. First of all, is this even possible?(I workout everyday) and second of all when i gain weight, my legs show it the most(mostly my calves). I have naturally large calf muscles and I want those to show but they just look like blobs when a layer of fat is over them. Any ways can I burn that leg fat quickly? Or is dieiting the ticket? Any help would be appreciated....

:help:

Shao-LiN
06-15-2002, 12:09 PM
Get a good diet ironed out if you want to lose the body fat. Good start is multiplying your weight x 12. That's the caloric intake you should shoot for in order to cut. A lot of people seem to use 40/40/20 (protein/carb/fat) split for their daily calories.

Do some cardio and get a good lifting routine going.

Riggs
06-15-2002, 03:24 PM
whats this low carb diet I hear about? is 40/40/20 better then 40/20/40(low carb)?

Saint Patrick
06-16-2002, 02:10 AM
personally I prefer 50/30/20 P/C/F

06-16-2002, 10:04 AM
you can't spot reduce per say, but for most people fat comes off the legs (especially calves) first due to them being the most used muscles on the body.
When you look at it that way..some may argue spot reduction is possible eh? but hey thats a whole different story...

At your body fat there is no reason to reduce carbs too much yet. I'd mark your calories at bwx11-12 and follow a 30carb/40pro/30fat diet, or isocaloric. Although, I'm not too big on isocaloric anymore, but a lot like it for some reason. However, at your bf, whichever macro split you choose won't matter much. Just get adequate protein, EFAs and stay in a negative caloric balance.

Riggs
06-16-2002, 11:44 AM
alright thanks for the help, im gonna try the 30/40/30 split and i got a weight routine squared away. The thing thats weird is that I run 5 miles everyday for the past 6 months and my legs seem to remain the same. Odd :(

EDIT-Btw, whats an ECA stack?

06-16-2002, 12:06 PM
ECA= Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin stack.

Those together and with different herbs and such make a thermogenic that basically increases your body temperature, helping you burn more fat. The aspirin doesn't do much and isn't really found in many thermos anymore but ECA is still used to as an acronym by most.

tudmuf2b
06-17-2002, 09:42 AM
Hey does drinking decaffeinated green tea count as an "herbal" or any of the herbal teas to raise body temperature?

After taking Xenadrine, I dunno if I want to add any more caffeine to the diet if you know what I mean....

Lucian
06-18-2002, 11:10 PM
ECA=Heart attack

What they dont tell you is ephera will raise your heart rate, you better have a good heart or else you''ll have a high risk of heart attack, its just like speed.

If you want to know what speed is like try ephedra

Saint Patrick
06-19-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by tudmuf2b
Hey does drinking decaffeinated green tea count as an "herbal" or any of the herbal teas to raise body temperature?

After taking Xenadrine, I dunno if I want to add any more caffeine to the diet if you know what I mean....

Green Tea is good as an antioxidant, but that's about it.

Saint Patrick
06-19-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Lucian
ECA=Heart attack

What they dont tell you is ephera will raise your heart rate, you better have a good heart or else you''ll have a high risk of heart attack, its just like speed.

If you want to know what speed is like try ephedra

BULLSH!T
First of all, I Personally have taken both, and speed is like 10x more powerful.

Secondly, can you name specifically one person who has had a heart attack related to ECA? Or are you just talking out of your a$$..........

Lucian
06-23-2002, 05:33 AM
Ephedra is banned in many places

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ehpa/mahuang150102.htm
http://www.ephedrine-ephedra.com/pages/ephedrine_side_effects.html
http://www.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/alternative/08/09/ephedra.controversy/?related
http://www.ephedrine-lawyer.com/
http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/fr97064a.html
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/nycu/health/articles/020121/21ephedra.htm

Funny, for something safer than speed, the FDA sure doesnt like it, looks like lots of people have died, looks like lawyers are mad at certain companies, and you are lucky they havent banned it yet.

Ephedra is like speed.

Lucian
06-23-2002, 05:34 AM
"When Rashidi Wheeler, a 22-year-old Northwestern University football player, collapsed and died last summer after a practice, his family blamed the school. The university, however, pointed a finger at ephedra, a popular over-the-counter dietary supplement reportedly taken by Wheeler. This week ephedra, exercise, and death were linked again. The family of the late Minnesota Viking Korey Stringer–who died after a July workout–plans to file a negligence suit against the team. Though the family blames the strenuous workout, witnesses originally reported that Stringer took an ephedra supplement. "

Lucian
06-23-2002, 05:35 AM
'"Heart trouble. Ephedrine alone–the stimulant derived from the ephedra plant–isn't terribly dangerous, says Bill Gurley, a pharmaceutical scientist at the University of Arkansas-Little Rock. But supplements often combine ephedrine or other ephedra derivatives with still other stimulants like caffeine. Ephedra compounds boost blood pressure and constrict blood vessels; the hodgepodge of other herbs and additives can exacerbate the effect. "Each herb may have hundreds of different chemical components," says Gurley. "And the likelihood of a product causing a problem with only one active ingredient is much less than for a product with hundreds." ":