PDA

View Full Version : condiments

big calvin
06-15-2002, 11:56 AM
do u guys use um? i love them!! i mean it can make a low carb day go by faster..lol BBQ,ketcup,soy sauce is what i use mostly. if kept carbs low but use those would it do alot of damage?

thanks. and what do u guys use mostly if any...ohh and on what..lol

i use it mostly on chicken and steak...maybe oven baked fries(very rare)

Savannah
06-15-2002, 12:43 PM
Well I went through a stage where I was using ketchup on almost everything but decided that all the sugar that was getting added into my diet just wasn't worth it. Then I went on a bit of a molly mcbutter kick but got scared that it was prolly even worse for me than the ketchup.
So sometimes I'll use just herbs and spices or a bit of hot sauce (Frank's kick's ass).
I never really shy away from using alittle bit of salt though to my meals.:D

Jane
06-15-2002, 01:29 PM
Salsa is a good substitute for ketchup. It might take a little getting used to, and trying different brands, but it really is good to replace all the sugar in ketchup. After switching, ketchup tastes grossly sweet.

Flyersfan
06-15-2002, 01:50 PM
I agree with Jane - salsa makes an excellent ketchup substitute, and is a fine condiment. I always use it on my eggs.

-Brian

Clark
06-15-2002, 03:11 PM
Also, the BBq sauce may taste great, but it is way too high in sugars to be having on a low carb day. Mustard is a great one, as it has basically no calories accountable.

g-dot
06-15-2002, 10:34 PM
The fact you're using them to make the low carb day go by faster may indicate your body is getting those carbs elsewhere, namely the sugars in the sauces. If you're truly on a low carb diet then stick to salsa or hot sauces and avoid ketchup, bbq sauce, etc. BUT if you're just reducing carbs or trying to eat cleaner then the carbs in the sauce won't be a big deal and go ahead and just use moderate amounts.

KoolMan
06-17-2002, 03:06 PM
I eat katsup on any beef products I eat so normaly 2-4 tea spoons a day at the most but when I pull out my ketostix I still get purple so I take it I am not eatting too many carbs from this type of diet to do any harm..

Also what is the best time to weigh your self.. I am trying to lose weight on a low-carb diet and my weight changes all day long in the morning I could be 5lbs less then at 5pm at night?? What's up with that?? Even from day to day my weight goes up and down even if I just compare morning weigh-ins.

I have just been doing this for about a week now with no signaficant weight loss but I do feel way more riped all over my biceps and everything are starting to look more defined I'm even getting stretch marks all over... :(

Vido
06-18-2002, 11:51 AM
Weigh yourself at the same time everyday, preferably first thing in the morning.
Salsa and mustard are the 2 best condiments.