PDA

View Full Version : Routine Advice

dreed
06-27-2012, 07:41 AM
This is somewhat model after a routine Tom mutaffis wrote a few tears back... just looking for some critique if any thing.

Monday- OHP Strength and Triceps Strength
Strict Press/Neutral DB Press- Work up to ME triple
2 to 3 assistance triceps such as JM Press. Dips. Triceps extension. Etc

Tuesday- Lower Body Strength
Front Squat/Deadlift- Work up to ME triple
2-3 assistance for lower body Hip Thrust. Lunges. Hypers etc.

Wednesday- recovery foam rolls. Stretch
Hot Cold treatment.

Thursday- OHP Technique and Back and Biceps
Push Jerk/ Push Press- 8 sets of 1-3 reps at 60-70% focusing strongly on stability and leg drive.
3-4 assistance for Back and Biceps (Back 2-3 exercises and Biceps 1-2 exercises)

Friday- Lower Speed Day
Low Box Front Squat- 8-10 sets of 1-3 reps at 60-70% focusing on powering hips through.
2-3 assistance for core( pretty light)

Saturday- Events 3 weeks working technique 1 week ME on events.
Log or Axle Clean( no press do to the two press days)
Farmers/Yoke
Tire Flip/ Truck Pull
Stones

Sunday- Same as Wednesday

I know its alot of work but I enjoy slightly higher volume. I also am eating and drinking a butt load of food. I have access to three meals buffet style everyday and all the milk I can drink so food and supplements are in check. Also have access to some of the recovery equipment available such as hot tubs right next ice bath. Foam rollers. And much more gotta love the army.

Also all pressing is done with Fat Grips or Fat Bar and about 80% of pulling as well.

dreed
06-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Did I ask a stupid question or something... just wanted a few thought on the program.

RhodeHouse
06-28-2012, 12:09 PM
If you're following a program that someone else wrote that probably means you're not confident in putting your own plan together. If you were confident and knew what you were doing, you'd just create your own.

My point? Follow Tom's program to the letter for at least 1-2 years before you start making changes.

Fort Benning? Ranger School? You need to work on your CrossFit style strength more than true weightlifting as an operator.

dreed
06-28-2012, 12:21 PM
No I am coming out of the military only have 1 month left that's why I am not training for that style I am done with the 10 mile runs. I only was wandering about adding a extra day of training as I prefer to be in the gym atleast 4 days a week. But thanks for the opinion that's what I was trying to get.

RhodeHouse
06-28-2012, 05:52 PM
If you're coming out then I recommend 5/3/1. Simple to set-up and follow and you can adapt it for whatever your goals are.

Thanks for your service, by the way.

dreed
06-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Hey no problem have enjoyed almost every minute of it. And thanks will look into it.