PDA

View Full Version : Last Man Standing Pro Bench Off

vdizenzo
07-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Alright, I just got back from Derek Poundstone's Pros v Joes Deadlift challenge. It was a great contest. But that's besides the point. I know Derek was donating his winnings to the Special Olympics. This organization is near and dear to my heart.

So I'm warning the heavyweights, I'm coming for the money. I want to donate it to the Special Olympics. I am putting in $250 and the rest of the guys have to put in $50. All the money goes to first place. With six competitors and myself that puts the prize up to $550 so far. I'd like some more guys to come out. The Special Olympics would love the money.

To Tee Tee McCray, Rob Luyando, Brandon Lilly, Chris Smith, Travis Bell, Tone Barbaccio, and whoever else has the balls, bring your A-game. I have been training my ass off for my raw meet in two weeks. That training is definitely going to pay dividends in this format.

I hope we get a big crowd out in Lancaster on July 28th for the RPS PA States and Last Man Standing Bench Exhibition. Please get behind this regardless of your thoughts on gear and federations. We should always support each other. As of now multiply benching is still not in the Arnold. This might be the ticket in.

I believe Gene and Ame will be getting entries together for the contest this week. If anyone has any questions feel free to fire away. Thanks in advance for the interest.

joey54
07-01-2012, 04:00 PM
I'll be at the meet doing the full power and plan to stick around to watch. I have $50 to go towards the special olympics if the winnings are being donated there.

vdizenzo
07-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I'll be at the meet doing the full power and plan to stick around to watch. I have $50 to go towards the special olympics if the winnings are being donated there.

Awesome! Yeah, I'm saying if I win I'll donate it to the Special Olympics. Whoever wins, it's his money to do whatever he wants with it.

Travis Bell
07-02-2012, 05:08 AM
I'll be ready for it!

This has really been an interesting meet to train for. Getting my equipment figured out has been tricky but I think I've got a good handle on it now.

ScottYard
07-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Good Luck Vinny and Travis. Youll need an extra gym bag for all your gear. Im gonna try and make it up as long as my wife doesnt go into labor that day. Lancaster is only an hour from me.

Travis Bell
07-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks Scott!

Hopefully my equipment works well. I'm only bringing two shirts. That's been the thing. Finding a shirt you can touch 700 in wasn't the hard part.

It's figuring out when to make the jump from shirt to shirt. Can you bench 800 in the shirt you hit 700 with? Or if you can't, can you touch 800 in your next shirt? I've enjoyed the challenge on gear. I think what makes it unique is I've realized that even though we are all wearing bigger gear as we start the comp, it's still a real technical challenge as the weights go up and you begin to change gear.

I found keeping it simple is going to work best for me since I'm not a super technician lol.

Chris Smith
07-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Thats what I have done Travis. I have a shirt for 700, then a different one for 750, etc. I am doing Laura's meet this weekend--using it as my last heavy training session.

ScottYard
07-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Thanks Scott!

Hopefully my equipment works well. I'm only bringing two shirts. That's been the thing. Finding a shirt you can touch 700 in wasn't the hard part.

It's figuring out when to make the jump from shirt to shirt. Can you bench 800 in the shirt you hit 700 with? Or if you can't, can you touch 800 in your next shirt? I've enjoyed the challenge on gear. I think what makes it unique is I've realized that even though we are all wearing bigger gear as we start the comp, it's still a real technical challenge as the weights go up and you begin to change gear.

I found keeping it simple is going to work best for me since I'm not a super technician lol.

Sounds like you guys will definately have some new variables to face.......Enjoy.

vdizenzo
07-03-2012, 04:47 PM
I will have two shirts in my bag. I know one is good for 700 and 750, it might be good for 800 also. I only have one week between my raw meet and the Last Man Standing so I have one session to figure a little out.

RhodeHouse
07-05-2012, 03:06 PM
This is going to be a great meet. I'm looking forward to being there and watching it all unfold.

vdizenzo
07-06-2012, 06:46 AM
I have a side bet with Brandon for dinner. So I'm going to get a free dinner and havea pocket full of money for the special olympics. Can't wait.

drew
07-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Here is the roster as of right now. Best bench is in parentheses (if I got it wrong, correct me). It would be great if a few more guys showed up and filled out the remaining spots. I'm sure Vincent or Tee wouldn't mind the extra prize money.

Heavy Weights:
Tone Barbaccio (815)
Travis Bell (835)
Vincent Dizenzo (850)
Brandon Lilly (810)
Rob Luyando (948)
Tee Tee McCray (910)
Chris Smith (755)

Light Weights:
Tim Hensley
Jeff Johnston
Josh Stottlemire

ChadDresden
07-23-2012, 03:08 PM
I will be in attendance handling my training partner. I'm pumped to see some of the best benchers in the world compete. It's going to be a blast! Good luck to you guys!!

vdizenzo
07-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Unfortunately Chris is out. He just came down with an injury for real. Hope he gets better soon.

joey54
07-24-2012, 09:45 AM
So, Gene Rychlak may do it?