PDA

View Full Version : Pre and Post workout supplements

Ironman 12
07-01-2012, 10:55 PM
I am planning to start lifting very, very soon. It has been so long since I lifted I consider myself a newbie. I am 62 yrs old and in very good physical shape and healthy as a horse. I want to know some of your opinions on pre and post workout supplements so I can gain the most from my workouts. I am an ectomorph and want to gain mass and definition.

Here was my game plan.
Pre workout 1 scoop of whey isolate protein...30g per scoop
I will also use 1 scoop after workouts.
I am also taking a multi vitamin that the manufacturer says is for weight lifters
I also plan to take fish oil...1000mg

Am I on the right track? Do I need more to start out with? If so what?
I have been looking on line for pre and post workout supplements..even looking at stacks..but for a beginner they seem like overkill.

ANY and ALL input would be appreciated. You guys know a lot more about this stuff than I do and frankly a lot of it seems confusing to me.

Thanks for your help

Ironman 12

Tom Mutaffis
07-02-2012, 11:44 AM
I am planning to start lifting very, very soon. It has been so long since I lifted I consider myself a newbie. I am 62 yrs old and in very good physical shape and healthy as a horse. I want to know some of your opinions on pre and post workout supplements so I can gain the most from my workouts. I am an ectomorph and want to gain mass and definition.

Here was my game plan.
Pre workout 1 scoop of whey isolate protein...30g per scoop
I will also use 1 scoop after workouts.
I am also taking a multi vitamin that the manufacturer says is for weight lifters
I also plan to take fish oil...1000mg

Am I on the right track? Do I need more to start out with? If so what?
I have been looking on line for pre and post workout supplements..even looking at stacks..but for a beginner they seem like overkill.

ANY and ALL input would be appreciated. You guys know a lot more about this stuff than I do and frankly a lot of it seems confusing to me.

Thanks for your help

Ironman 12

Are you looking for a stimulant to support energy for your workouts? Or simply looking to fuel your workouts with proper nutrition?

Also, what is your primary goal? (build muscle, general fitness, strength, etc.)

Ironman 12
07-02-2012, 11:48 AM
I would like to build muscle. Energy for workouts would be great but I also need something to aide in muscle growth

Thanks

ScottYard
07-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Have you looked at RESULTS, and Opticen from Atlarge. These are great products for muscle growth.

larsen540
07-08-2012, 08:57 AM
I take both that Scott reccomended and love em both they will work great for you