PDA

View Full Version : Update from Fuzzy - 1628@220

Fuzzy
07-02-2012, 03:48 AM
Hello all! Long time since I stopped by here, thought I would share recent progress and developments.

Recently did a 740kg total in knee wraps. 282.5 squat. 132.5 bench and a 325kg deadlift. Had more in the squat and bench.

GABbr_l_IlY

jruhzKXnYN8

PYmTttqIIj8

Some pics at 225.

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu209/fuzzyisbig/be54704f-1.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu209/fuzzyisbig/1cb92b80.jpg

Invain
07-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Damn man, that is impressive. Massive fucking deadlift. Did you compete at 220 last meet? You look leaner now.

GazzyG
07-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Wow! Huge strength and lean with it! Good work, Fuzzy!

Tom Mutaffis
07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Great lifting! Do you still do any olympic lifting or have you decided to focus solely on powerlifting?

Fuzzy
07-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Damn man, that is impressive. Massive fucking deadlift. Did you compete at 220 last meet? You look leaner now.

Yup, I was 100.6 at the last meet.. I did a pretty good cut for this on. I was 237 10 days out. Made it at 218. Added some t3 right after the meet and dropped down to 220-225 in about 10 days. Should see how bad my bloat was at the meet, it was beautiful.

Wow! Huge strength and lean with it! Good work, Fuzzy!

Thanks.

Great lifting! Do you still do any olympic lifting or have you decided to focus solely on powerlifting?

No olympic lifting sadly. I still overhead squat from time to time, but have not really been doing any Oly lifts. I have nowhere to compete in Oly liftng, I hate Australian weightlifting and I'm not drug free.

Tom Mutaffis
07-02-2012, 12:38 PM
No olympic lifting sadly. I still overhead squat from time to time, but have not really been doing any Oly lifts. I have nowhere to compete in Oly liftng, I hate Australian weightlifting and I'm not drug free.

Makes sense, looks like you have a strong future in PL and made the transition without too much trouble.

I know a few strongman guys over there if you ever decide that you want to give that a go - based on your lower body strength and prior OLY training for overhead I am sure that you could do quite well.

Fuzzy
07-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks Tom.

I know everyone in the scene. That's what I love about the Australian strength game, everyone knows everyone.

I've considered strongman, but the focus is pure powerlifting from now till next nationals. I intend to do some pretty crazy shit but for this to work I need to dedicate 100% for the next 12 months. Even with a lighter period right now, I am working towards goals in that regards.

After that? Who knows?

Bako Lifter
07-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Very impressive fuzzy, you're achieving the potential everybody on this board knows you have. How old are you now, 19? 20?

Cards
07-02-2012, 03:10 PM
awesome lifting, fuzzy. looking mighty lean too.

Fuzzy
07-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I turned 20 a week before this competition.

Wish I could have done one more meet as a teen but oh well, dem's the cards.

It's nice being 20 now. I get taken a lot more seriously as a lifter because I'm no longer the 'teen kid with a big pull.'

I elected to compete as an open male instead of a junior because I want to get more experience in head to head competition. PL has become too much a 'oh, I do it for self improvement' that we've lost site of the fact sport is about COMPETITION. I took out the 220's and came second to a very strong 242er.

patricky
07-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Well done fuzzy. Hell I remembered back when you were 14 with your 500 pound dead.
You've done Australia proud mate.

I notice you struggle with bench, have you tried sheiko? Your total would be world class if you got your bench up.

Fuzzy
07-03-2012, 05:57 AM
The bench will come up. I'm running an extended variation of Smolov for 8-10 weeks which I feel will net some good results.

The goal now is to hit a 775-800kg total at my next meet in November. I will be eating my way to a full 242 by then.

If I have a dream day, something like 307.5/152.5/340

tom183
07-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Strong lifting, man. Looks like you had heaps more in you on that bench press.

Invain
07-03-2012, 07:32 AM
What's your training like? How often do you pull?

Fuzzy
07-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Well fuck. That's a question.

I made a snap decision to compete at this meet 5 weeks out, so the prep was a little rushed. I also tore my forearm squatting as a result which made meet day interesting. If you watch the squat, I had to get the spotter to push me under the bar because I 'couldn't make myself get under' if that made sense.

But roughly it went something like this.

I squatted once every 5-8 days. Totally by feel.
I began at 210x2x2, 230x2x2, 242.5x2, 252.5x2 and then 267.5x1 Friday week before the meet (lifted on the Sunday after)

I pulled 3x in the 5 weeks, every 10 or so days, again by feel.
Worked up to 280x1
315x1
300x2 322.5x1, this being 2 weeks out.

Benched 4x a week, with 3-4 sets of pulling excersises after each session to balance the pressing volume.

Next meet I will be doing a slightly more traditional periodisation for squatting. Starting with 5's, then 3's, 2's and then 1 before the meet. Bench will be 4x a week again.

The deadlift is strange, i don't really need to work it, just kind have to 'touch base with it' if that makes sense.

EDIT: I feel I should be totally open. I was on a fair bit of tren. Kept test very low though which helped with weight management. I pulled the test out in the last 2 weeks to help with making weight.

Invain
07-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Appreciate the honesty Fuzz. I wasn't sure if you were on anything yet or not, not that it takes away from your lifts in the slightest.

I was more curious about your typical training when you aren't prepping for a meet. How often do you pull heavy?

Fuzzy
07-03-2012, 11:32 AM
If it's outside of competition prep. I don't pull sumo. Or I may do it once a month with 50% or whatever, but I take the time to do no sumo if I can as it really really hurts my hips and body in general. I'm just so damn strong in that position but it breaks me. The ballistic start doesn't help I'm sure.

Otherwise with time off I just do a bit of a split of sorts. Chest legs 2x back sessions delts and arms. I did that February-April whilst off anabolics and it was good for me mentally and physically

Next 8 weeks will be high bar squats, front squats, con deads and snatch deads. No belt or wraps, and then it's sumo pulls + low bar wrapped squat for the 10 weeks leading into the meet.

Just got to eat my way to 242, which is proving more difficult than I imagined.

As for drugs, never been on to bullshit people. Given how short the prep time was for this meet I stepped on the pedal pretty fucking hard. I've thrown the towel in and just decided to stay on now... guess that's what I need to do now to go where I want to go in this sport. I'm currently cruising atm on very low doses and got bloods drawn this morning. The relief of a good nights sleep was incredible after the meet, but I won't be fucking around when the 10 week build up starts.

Sometimes I wish I was still a shitty natty Oly lifter. Much less stressful.

jed
07-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Nice to see an update from you man. I remember seeing you around here quite a bit. Glad you are still hitting it hard and unleashing your potential!!