PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift+bench question

KJDANEXT0
07-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Just came back here to ask some questions?

I've been running PTP for almost 3 weeks now( just about halfway through 2nd cycle)

My deadlift should go up To about 330lbs x5 at the end of this cycle. My question is should I keep my current deadlift style and keep trying to make gains or change it up? My current DL style is narrow(enough) stance, feet pointed infront, and grip abit wider than feet(about an inch onto rough part of 33 lb bar). I've been making great gains on it so far(never ever stalled on DL)

Also I have a bench question.

Bench is improving with PTP, but my problem on bench before PTP was caning back up off of the chest. How do I work on this(and what lift can I replace the standard bench with for my next cycle?) I head the tricel plays a role here so should a cycle with CGBP help me out?

Thanks.

DontTakeEmOff31
07-05-2012, 07:15 PM
I have no experience with PTP, never even heard of it before, someone else might be able to give you advice there.

If you are making gains, never change what you are doing. I also think its a terrible idea to replace any of the big 3 lifts (squat, bench, dead) when you are this new to lifting.

Justin Randal
07-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Just came back here to ask some questions?

I've been running PTP for almost 3 weeks now( just about halfway through 2nd cycle)

My deadlift should go up To about 330lbs x5 at the end of this cycle. My question is should I keep my current deadlift style and keep trying to make gains or change it up? My current DL style is narrow(enough) stance, feet pointed infront, and grip abit wider than feet(about an inch onto rough part of 33 lb bar). I've been making great gains on it so far(never ever stalled on DL)

Also I have a bench question.

Bench is improving with PTP, but my problem on bench before PTP was caning back up off of the chest. How do I work on this(and what lift can I replace the standard bench with for my next cycle?) I head the tricel plays a role here so should a cycle with CGBP help me out?

Thanks.

As far as pulling goes I pull conventional but also train sumo as it is hard for me. Training where you are weakest will make you strongest.

Improving the bench off the chest requires stronger delts, a bigger back and explosive training (dynamic effort). Front delt raises, OHP'S and whatever else you can do to make your delts grow. Row's and pulldowns for days.. make the back of your body massive!!
Train explosively with sub maximal weight and accommodating resistance (look up dynamic effort).

Just my 2 pennies..