PDA

View Full Version : Video - 500 lb deadlift at 154.4 lb bw. 3.24 x bw. No straps. Andrew McInroy

AndrewMcInroy
07-09-2012, 06:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic-P_f_8uGw

Finally achieved my goal. Thanks to those who support me... and for those who don't. oh well.

joey54
07-09-2012, 06:22 AM
Really looking solid, thick, and tight bro. Keep it up. Can't wait to see how solid, thick, and tight you can get.

DontTakeEmOff31
07-09-2012, 06:40 AM
I give you credit, for someone so tiny you have managed a huge ego.

vdizenzo
07-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Congrats on reaching your goal

langadang
07-09-2012, 07:16 AM
not this again.... watch 00:10 - 00:22 for actual lift if you dont want all the cheesy bullsh*t that comes with it

Chubrock
07-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Way to act like a clown.

Alex.V
07-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Congrats, nice lift. Looks like you had some left in the tank.

(I did stop the vid after the pull as well)

Tom Mutaffis
07-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Strong deadlift for 155 lbs, have you thought about entering a powerlifting meet?

Cards
07-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Great lift!

RFabsik
07-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Awesome lift.

Who is against you?

Murderous
07-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Impressive physique while being brutally strong.

ScottYard
07-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I was about to be a hater here.................

But Im not in the mood...........

Nice pull!

Jonathan E
07-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Ego aside, good pull. Keep getting better.

JohnnyRingo
07-09-2012, 03:51 PM
You want to impress people.....be 19.......be humble.......and pull 300 more pounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsWBVD8Gilk

Pound for pound = being the tallest midget.

Chris Rodgers
07-09-2012, 05:19 PM
:bow:

AndrewMcInroy
07-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Thanks guys!!

Strong deadlift for 155 lbs, have you thought about entering a powerlifting meet?

nah man I am only good at deadlifts. And I don't want to compete at a deadlift only competition... I don't want to enter a competition where I know I will beat everyone in my local areas. Not trying to be cocky but yeah... most people can out bench and out squat me though lol

AndrewMcInroy
07-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Great lift!

thanks bro

Awesome lift.

Who is against you?

lots of people but its just because they think I have an ego... I don't... I just have a passion for deadlifts and I also want to show people you can lift big weights and be ripped too

Impressive physique while being brutally strong.

thank you so much

I was about to be a hater here.................

But Im not in the mood...........

Nice pull!

Ego aside, good pull. Keep getting better.

thanks man.. gonna try to win a bb comp now!

:bow:

thanks!!

Yosh86
07-09-2012, 06:27 PM
nah man I am only good at deadlifts. And I don't want to compete at a deadlift only competition... I don't want to enter a competition where I know I will beat everyone in my local areas. Not trying to be cocky but yeah... most people can out bench and out squat me though lol

So you don't want to enter a competition that you can surely win and you don't want to enter a competition where you could possibly lose due to benching and squats? I'm confused...but I think you should lift in a meet anyway. Competitions are fun and you can meet others who aren't "against you" and part of the iron brotherhood. Also with a strong deadlift you can out total people who might be a little stronger in the squat and bench.

Everything else aside, good job on the pull.

hamstring
07-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Great pull, but if you don't work on technique and form, you're gonna eventually blow out those lumbar discs. You have amazing strength, now its time to focus on form.

I bet you could hit 550 or more with some specific training and work.

ChadDresden
07-09-2012, 11:12 PM
So you don't want to enter a competition that you can surely win and you don't want to enter a competition where you could possibly lose due to benching and squats? I'm confused...but I think you should lift in a meet anyway. Competitions are fun and you can meet others who aren't "against you" and part of the iron brotherhood. Also with a strong deadlift you can out total people who might be a little stronger in the squat and bench.

I agree with Yosh on this one. Even if you squat 250Lbs and bench 175lbs with a 500lbs pull that still put you at 1025lb total give or take. I would guess you'd compete at 148 since it's only a 6lb cut. Your deadlift alone would be in the top 15 current lifter rankings and a 1025lb total would be in the top 40. For having never done a meet, that is a damn good starting point. Sooner later if you're any kind of man, you have to step up and step out and see what the fuck you've got. Strong work on the pull though.

RhodeHouse
07-10-2012, 09:20 AM
This is exactly what I needed today. Great laughs. Strong pull for a little guy. I'm pretty sure I could see what you ate for lunch that day in your stomach.

As someone said earlier, don't be a fucking douche bag. You lift weights. You haven't cured Cancer. be humble and keep working hard. Loud mouths embarrass themselves. Your lifting will speak for itself.

"What you do speaks so loudly that I can't hear what you say."

FearFactory
07-10-2012, 09:26 AM
0:29 made me LOL.

You take yourself so seriously. It is just lifting weights lmfao.

FearFactory
07-10-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BXfVeI3NS0&feature=relmfu'

Words, I have none.

RFabsik
07-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Is this guy playing us?

marcorock
07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Strong pull.

What's this "aesthetics" BS? I've seen it mentioned on an Italian forum, too..is it like a lightweight fitness/figure division?

JohnnyRingo
07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BXfVeI3NS0&feature=relmfu'

Words, I have none.

DU LULZ!!! Holy Crap dude what is the matter with you? And for a guy who prides himself on being "shredded", you don't even look good. This made my day.

joey54
07-10-2012, 03:19 PM
The summer of shred

And heavy deads is upon us.

Niko_El_Piko
07-10-2012, 04:27 PM
You are strong but your technique sucks. Work on it and leave your ego out of the equation.

byronsru24
07-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Is this guy playing us?

He posted the same thing over at BBing.com as well. I don't think mommy and daddy gave him enough attention as a child

Behemoth
07-10-2012, 06:11 PM
still not aesthetic.

AndrewMcInroy
07-10-2012, 06:24 PM

i don't bench heavy cuz my ac joints are messed up and I don't squat heavy cuz my biomechanics suck too bad lol

AndrewMcInroy
07-10-2012, 06:26 PM
I agree with Yosh on this one. Even if you squat 250Lbs and bench 175lbs with a 500lbs pull that still put you at 1025lb total give or take. I would guess you'd compete at 148 since it's only a 6lb cut. Your deadlift alone would be in the top 15 current lifter rankings and a 1025lb total would be in the top 40. For having never done a meet, that is a damn good starting point. Sooner later if you're any kind of man, you have to step up and step out and see what the fuck you've got. Strong work on the pull though.

very motivating to hear this... I want to win a bodybuilding competition first hten I'll come back for a big 600 deadlift

AndrewMcInroy
07-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Strong pull.

What's this "aesthetics" BS? I've seen it mentioned on an Italian forum, too..is it like a lightweight fitness/figure division?

Zyzz started it and it caught on big time. It is just like being ripped and having some muscle.

torch1980
07-10-2012, 06:34 PM
that was a very impressive deadlift

Chris Rodgers
07-10-2012, 07:29 PM

Where do you live? If you want I can come there and do the meet and outpull you if it makes you feel better. :alcoholic:

robertjr93
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Okay Great pull! But a HUGE ass ego = in it for the wrong things! FYI your 154 Its not that hard to look decent and have a lil ripped when your that small nothing against the small guys!

justiNCSU
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Its great to see someone with aspergers finding what makes them happy and acheiving great things. Dont let the haters get you down man!

Chubrock
07-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Where do you live? If you want I can come there and do the meet and outpull you if it makes you feel better. :alcoholic:

That'll never work. It's a local meet. He can't be beat.

mickles
07-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Strong pull for your bodyweight

What are your bench and deadlift?

chris mason
07-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Who bumped this darn thread? :bang:

robertjr93
07-10-2012, 08:23 PM

0_0 lol

Yosh86
07-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Learn the movements properly and I bet the biomechanics and joint issues will clear up. I seriously just hear excuses.

Niko_El_Piko
07-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Learn the movements properly and I bet the biomechanics and joint issues will clear up. I seriously just hear excuses.

Very intelligent post.

joey54
07-11-2012, 10:30 AM

Believe it was determined he is Canadian. So, somewhere in Canadia.

AndrewMcInroy
07-11-2012, 06:23 PM
that was a very impressive deadlift

Thank you bro

Thanks!! I don't squat heavy but I did 235 x 23 reps yesterday with no belt and no knee wraps at my weight. I also bench the 100 lb dumbbells for 12 reps with poor ROM lol

mastermonster
07-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Little brother I'll tell you; the deadlift impressed the crap out of me. Awesome! The display of 'Little Man Syndrome' trying to convince yourself you're a major league bada** totally blew it though. You're young, you'll learn so I'm understanding, but I feel I'd be doing you an injustice not sharing some 'Old Dog's' life lesson with you now. If you want to impress people (and we all do) you'll be best served and actually build fans by just letting your accomplishments do the talking for you. Now I like entertaining excitable competitors and anybody who's watched me compete knows I'm as jacked up to psych myself up as anybody; and a pretty good crowd pleaser. But I never try to smack talk and make insulting inflamatory remarks at competitors , crowds, judges..whoever. You had me as a new fan right until the time you showed your a** instead of your class. Why do you think Ed Coan is and probably always will be so highly regarded in our sport? Because he walked the walk on the platform and talked the talk with the numbers on the scoreboard. I consider myself very good at looking at athletes and assessing potential strengths and weaknesses. Learned from several years of coaching high school football and coaching powerlifters. You appear to me to be almost ideally built to be an athlete. Almost a true mesomorph which is the ideal somoto-type for a football runningback, bodybuilder, and even powerlifter in the middle wt. classes. I'm afraid the excuse of being non-biomechanically suited to squat doesn't fly. You're almost ideally suited to squat if your form is good. If you're squatting the weight you say for 23 reps your form is likely pretty good. Working the squat to getting under 'heavy' wt. is not a natural act. There is a fear factor that most can't work through when it comes to the exercises that you are actually underneath that have the potential to crush and injure or potentially kill you. Bench press to a degree, but squats being the king of the fear factor lifts. It's O.K. to be a person who can't get past that as long as you're honest about it and not making excuses or still trying to push throuugh it. Just be honest. I'll respect you much more that way. I can respect your lifting totally as a DL only lifter if that's what you love and don't make up cope out excuses about biomachanics and such. And don't go with the AC joint thing. I came back from 3 shoulder surgeries; the last one being a shoulder replacement to keep doing what I love doing and building my bench back to a masters record setting level (551 and winning Masters Nationals with the highest coefficient of 20 masters benchers) I've never stood on the platform and yelled to the crowd how good or great I thought I was. I did in the gym what I had to do for the meet results and/or record books to say that for me. One last thing I''l leave you with. Gyms are full of strong guys who look at meet results and say "I could have done that". And maybe they could. But to have a chance to be a champion you also have to have the courage to risk loosing. And sometime loosing can do you more good than a win. In 2005 I went into Nationals training like I thought I was God's gift to masters powerlifting and couldn't be beat. I found myself in a dog fight right down to the last deadlift with Larry Mistric of Texas and lost by 2 1/2 kilos when I missed my last pull. Talk about an on the job lesson in humility. But it made me determined not to lose like that again. After sulking for a week or so I gave myself an attitude adjustment and dove into my training like I never had before. I lost in June, by November at Worlds in Finland I added over 100 lbs. to my total, won gold in both the full meet and bench only and broke 2 world records. My point is that your sense of humility and realizing that you 'can' be beat by someone somewhere will take you much farther than a self convincing false cockiness ever will. No matter how loud you boast and beat your chest or not, something eventually in life will bring you to your knees no matter how strong you are and cause you to re-think all that is important in life. I'm about to go into a battle with cancer and am losing my right kidney, then most likely back surgery. I've spent the last 2 weeks or so doing a lot of soul searching and finding that it is not my accomplishments that hold the most importance to me afterall (and there have been many). It is my love of my wife and family and friends that I'm finding strength and joy in and my faith in God. I don't know if you're religious but there is an old saying I've found true. "If you don't find your knees; God will find a way to show them to you." I've found this true on a number of occasions as I've been a overly cocky and at time arrogant person at times in my own life. He reminds me there's always someone bigger and stronger than me. I've found I'm happiest when I stay aware of that and draw on that stregth and not just my own.

I don't want you to take this as scolding you, but as advice from someone who's been there and learned these lessons the hard way. Maybe I can help spare you some of the consequences. Anyway; that deadlift was very impressive and I bet you'd have gotten nothing but positives on it if you'd just let it do it's own boasting. Good luck, train hard and I wish you much success...on the platform and in life.

NITF
07-12-2012, 04:44 AM
Its great to see someone with aspergers finding what makes them happy and acheiving great things. Dont let the haters get you down man!

dude, that is fucked up :)

RhodeHouse
07-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Strong pull.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm giggling... Yes, giggling. Classic! Thanks for that comment.

RhodeHouse
07-12-2012, 05:29 AM
The reality is, it's a strong pull. He just had to go and show off his Napoleon complex and that ruined it.

marcorock
07-12-2012, 07:47 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm giggling... Yes, giggling. Classic! Thanks for that comment.

Rhodes,
you're welcome.

OP,
yes, Zyzz was the guy referred to on the other forum: some of those guys were writing about him as if he were some kind of god...like, really? C'mon, the Jersey Shore crew looks 5 times badder than him, and that's saying something, I think...

(keep in mind, @170 pounds I'm pretty small myself, and certainly weak, but at least I'm trying to change that!)

FearFactory
07-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Gigantic wall of text crits for 10,000 fire damage.

"You have been slain"

AndrewMcInroy
07-14-2012, 09:08 AM
Rhodes,
you're welcome.

OP,
yes, Zyzz was the guy referred to on the other forum: some of those guys were writing about him as if he were some kind of god...like, really? C'mon, the Jersey Shore crew looks 5 times badder than him, and that's saying something, I think...

(keep in mind, @170 pounds I'm pretty small myself, and certainly weak, but at least I'm trying to change that!)

no trust me the jersey shore idiots do not got anything on me. i'd make them look like shit

AndrewMcInroy
07-14-2012, 09:09 AM
this idiot

http://cdn2.dailycaller.com/2012/03/the-situation.jpg

versus me...

http://i.imgur.com/bKBxO.jpg

clearly I am way better than this noob

Justin Randal
07-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Abs on a skinny guy are like big tits on a fat chick, IT DOESN'T COUNT!!!!!

mastermonster
07-14-2012, 06:07 PM

I like this one! I'm impressed when I see abs like this on a guy at 220 to 250ish (like Jose Garcia) who can still squat around 1080 or so...and pull mid 800s! Most middle school football locker rooms have 10-12 skinny guys with similar abs. That's not abdominal delelopement, just a lack of bodyfat so they're easily visible. Any reasonably athletic male with 6-8% bodyfat has very visible abs even with little to no direct training. It's just a nice by-product of being young and having a fast metabolism. Being cut is not being muscular. It's just not being fat. The true original term in bodybuilding of muscularity is the best combination of muscle size and definition. Too many times in lower level contest they seem to forget the muscle size part and just give the most cut up stick man 1st place. But look at pro bodybuilding. It's not always the most define guys who win, but the best total package (combination of size, definition, symetry and presentation). As I used to tell other BBers; "Muscle maketh the man...not starvation. Build it 1st. Then chisel it. You can't make a big sculture from a little rock."

jkstrength
07-14-2012, 08:27 PM
This made my day.

patricky
07-14-2012, 08:44 PM
It's a good deadlift but nothing amazing.
Skinny guys are often able to pull big weights how ever their bench and squat is tiny, so no they are not strong just good at the deadlift. I pulled 220 for 12 first time I lifted at 52KG. Yet I could only squat 130 pounds, and bench around the same.

Check your ego at the door, you're just making people laugh at you.

byronsru24
07-14-2012, 10:21 PM
OP should have seen this video before doing his celebration acting like God's gift to the strength training world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWV7SlXwdps&feature=plcp

Note the total lack or need of celebration after this lift. She just KNOWS she's badass. No staged camera shot/quote/flexing of abs needed.

"What chu know about that!?"

RhodeHouse
07-15-2012, 01:50 PM
OP should have seen this video before doing his celebration acting like God's gift to the strength training world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWV7SlXwdps&feature=plcp

Note the total lack or need of celebration after this lift. She just KNOWS she's badass. No staged camera shot/quote/flexing of abs needed.

"What chu know about that!?"

I know Christi. She is a super strong lifter.

joey54
07-15-2012, 08:56 PM
I'd rather Situation be a member of this board.

Behemoth
07-15-2012, 09:11 PM
I'd rather Situation be a member of this board.

Haha! Sig'd!

JohnnyRingo
07-15-2012, 09:17 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146292713

AndrewMcInroy
08-01-2012, 09:02 AM

right... cuz "skinny guys" can deadlift 500... noob

Butcher
08-01-2012, 09:40 AM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?154276-600-x-3-Raw-squat

Noob? As in new guy that doesn't know what the hell he is talking about?

FearFactory
08-01-2012, 11:29 AM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?154276-600-x-3-Raw-squat

Noob? As in new guy that doesn't know what the hell he is talking about?

-In before his squat/body weight ratio is thrown out
-In before he claims that if he were that size, he would squat more
-In before he claims he isn't lean, so it doesn't count

FearFactory
08-01-2012, 11:37 AM
I like this one! I'm impressed when I see abs like this on a guy at 220 to 250ish (like Jose Garcia) who can still squat around 1080 or so...and pull mid 800s! Most middle school football locker rooms have 10-12 skinny guys with similar abs. That's not abdominal delelopement, just a lack of bodyfat so they're easily visible. Any reasonably athletic male with 6-8% bodyfat has very visible abs even with little to no direct training. It's just a nice by-product of being young and having a fast metabolism. Being cut is not being muscular. It's just not being fat. The true original term in bodybuilding of muscularity is the best combination of muscle size and definition. Too many times in lower level contest they seem to forget the muscle size part and just give the most cut up stick man 1st place. But look at pro bodybuilding. It's not always the most define guys who win, but the best total package (combination of size, definition, symetry and presentation). As I used to tell other BBers; "Muscle maketh the man...not starvation. Build it 1st. Then chisel it. You can't make a big sculture from a little rock."

While I do agree with you...I will say this.

Lower level contest = most likely everyone is natty
Pro level = everyone is on

There is your difference. Unfortunately, winning as a natty is mostly about conditioning. It is just the way it is. Without the drugs, you are not getting huge AND shredded and without the drugs you are losing muscle as you diet down to get to 5-6%. So all that leaves you with is shredded without the size, unfortunately.

Justin Randal
08-01-2012, 12:05 PM
right... cuz "skinny guys" can deadlift 500... noob
To be honest, pulling 500@ 150 is a pretty good lift but your Attitude makes you a piss poor lifter!! Though I'm sure you enjoy all the attention..

Try 600@ 132. That is impressive NOOB!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kk-N4l1UTU

Brian C
08-01-2012, 12:13 PM
He called Justin Randall a noob hahahaha thats funny.

Dude get your ass in a meet and make it count. Its not about competing against others, its about competing against yourself. Nobody gives a fuck if you can out pull "everybody" locally. Get a pull on the books, then come back and beat it next meet.

Falcon63
08-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Really looking solid, thick, and tight bro. Keep it up. Can't wait to see how solid, thick, and tight you can get.

Aware.

Dank27
08-01-2012, 04:31 PM

Love the pool hall junkies quote lol