PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to stick to a known routine for intermediate phase?

KJDANEXT0
07-10-2012, 06:35 PM
I've pretty much exhausted linear gains for the bench press and deadlift.

Do I have to stick with a known routine for intermediate advancement now? I know it would help, but I just can figure it all out.

I was thinking about doing something like 3 reps x 3 sets for Squats, bench and deadlifts 3x a week and adding 5 or so lbs every week(sessions for squats as I'm still novice), then after stalling with linear squat increases do a heavy-light-heavy setup for squats.

Just a thought, but please I'd love for some of you guys to give me advice as i've been getting frustrated over stalling on the bench for a few weeks now and want to start adding poundage to it again.

Thanks.

Travis Bell
07-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Yes it's a law. If you do not follow a written routine, lightening will strike you

Of course I'm joking, but although you certainly have the freedom to pursue your own routine, at your level it's best to stick to routines have been proven over time.

JohnnyRingo
07-10-2012, 07:06 PM
I'd have myself a good look at 5/3/1 if you've exhausted linear progression.

KJDANEXT0
07-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Okay, I'd like someone to take a look at this and gimme some advice:

W/o 3 times per week

Mon:

bench 3x3(70-80-90% of 1 RM)

squat 3x3(same as above when I'm done linear progression)

deadlift 1x3(70-80-90)

Wed:

bench 3x3

squat 3x3

pendlay row 3x3

Fri: same as Monday, then on next Monday add 5lbs

Would this work? The squats on Wednesday would be light.

I was also thinkingbthat instead of goin 70-80-90 for the sets I could just go 90% for all sets on Monday, 80 on Wednesday and 70 on Friday.

Awaiting advice, but please I'd like to keep this simple and not go crazy with assistance and all that stuff, but whatever works..just let me know.

Thanks.

KJDANEXT0
07-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes it's a law. If you do not follow a written routine, lightening will strike you

Of course I'm joking, but although you certainly have the freedom to pursue your own routine, at your level it's best to stick to routines have been proven over time.

Im aware of this, but to be honest I really can't make sense of any of them.