PDA

View Full Version : Just had a go at incline BB benchpress..

KJDANEXT0
07-12-2012, 08:46 AM
I've been stalling on flat bench for a while and it's pissing me off.

In my 2 1/2 months of training I've never toutched incline, bit I had a go today and I like it.

This got me thinking: if I'm only fresh to incline BP couldn't I use it for a while and my flat BP should increase when I come back? I think so. I'm talking the 90 degree angle by the way.

Would you guys recommend I switch to this excercise for abit to stop me from stalling on flat BP. I'm thinking of going for a 3-5 rep scheme with a few sets, 4-5.

Id also like to hear what you guys have to say in general about the benefits of incline BP.

Also, should I start getting some more rows in to balance the back strength for my BP? What sort of rep range could I use for Pendlay rows on linear progression? (I haven't maxed out linear gains on rows yet)

Thanks for reading guys.

SEOINAGE
07-12-2012, 11:40 AM
no...

dynamo
07-12-2012, 11:50 AM
standing push presses, and bent over rows helped me on my BP

Justin Randal
07-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Doing any movement week after week is going to stall you out. The trick is to pick 4-5 ME exercises and rotate them EVERY week. Adding bands and/or chains will help as well..

AdamC
07-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Mix it up! Flat, incline, decline, flyes, cables, dumbells, bodyweight, etc.

I think you get the idea. You can't just keep doing the same thing without a plateau. Drop flat bench for two weeks and come back to it after trying all these other things instead and report back.

KJDANEXT0
07-12-2012, 01:42 PM
no...

Thanks. This helps alot.

Jokes aside, thanks everyone else. I'll try the incline for 2 weeks or something and maybe have ago at another press afterwards before going back to flat bench.