PDA

View Full Version : I just cant put weight on! Are steroids for me?

db6
07-26-2012, 10:29 AM
I am from the UK and play a sport which isnt really well known in america called rugby league. As a rugby league player you need to be bulk to be able to take the hits because it is a very physical sport. I'm 16 years of age, my diet is right, i eat 4000 calories a day, with 2 protein shakes a day, i work hard in the gym and go 4 times a week, i have been doing so for about 8 months now, and i have put very little size on.. I am 6 foot but if im honest im a lanky streak of piss! my trainer says im doing everything right and cant understand why im not bulking up, he hinted at steroids but are illegal to use in the sport i play in, but every body in the sport takes them! he told me to do "whatever i can to get bigger" otherwise this career wouldnt be for me, and it is the only thing i want in life! someone please give advice, not abuse :)

Bako Lifter
07-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Eat 4,500 calories a day.

GazzyG
07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
And if that doesn't work either, then 5000 calories.

FearFactory
07-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Peanut butter and whole milk and lots of it.

RFabsik
07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Are you in the gym 4 times a week and doing Rugby league work too? If so how much time are you in the gym? How much time on the field? How much time conditioning?

If you are doing low volume, heavy workouts 4 x week, I'd think you'd start putting on some weight hitting over 4500 calories a day.

On the other hand, if you are in the gym 4x week, but doing lots of volume and hitting a lot of conditioning work, then you might need a lot more food.

Also, some folks when they are low bodyweight, benefit from training 3xweek and then once they have gained can transition to 3xweek.

Personally, I'd stay away from steroids. In this stage of the game, you have some many other things to improve. Strength and mass take time.

BloodandThunder
07-26-2012, 01:08 PM
OP,

Start adding in a few PB/J sandwiches with a glass of milk in between meals. Liquid calories and Olive Oil. Like everyone said, if 4000 isn't working, you need to go higher based on your activity levels.

RhodeHouse
07-26-2012, 02:08 PM
If you're not gaining weight then you're not eating enough. It's that simple. Steroids are a personal choice. If you eat like shit or not enough, they won't help. Learn how to eat your face off.

db6
07-26-2012, 02:11 PM
i train for rugby 3 times a week doing basically skilled based sessions because we are in season, when we was doing conditioning i'd eat maybe upto 5000 calories a day just because i was that hungry after sessions! I go to the gym 4 times a week doing mostly power sessions to increase explosive strength, high weight low reps to tear muscle fibres so they grow back tougher and bigger, but it just doesnt seem to be happening!

Jonathan E
07-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Listen to what everyone here has said. RhodeHouse, BloodandThunder, Gazzy, Fear, and Bako all made valid statements. Your 16, steroids should not be taken at the young of an age. You'll screw up your endocrine system.

Bako Lifter
07-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Post whatever website/app your using to track calories.

If you are not using one then that is your problem. Just because you eat a lot doesn't mean you eat 4-5000 calories. You cannot estimate, because when you do, you can easily be +/- 1,000 cals.

A lot of kids will train, get super hungry and eat a huge meal. Then snack on stuff throughout the day and just assume they eat a lot. But they don't.

For people like us, eating a lot means eating until you are nauseous, having to lie down after dinner and a shake because you might throw up. Then eating more as soon as you're sure the last meal isn't going to come back up. Sitting at the table at 1 in the morning scooping shit into your mouth, barely being able to swallow because you are so sick of eating. It is not easy, but it is what has to be done.

db6
07-27-2012, 08:14 AM
i play for a professional club so they give us a schedule of what to eat and when to eat it based on what we want to do with our bodies, i chose the 'muscle mass' schedule because i need to put on weight. The trainer who made this said it was around 4000 calories a day but some days i'd go past it and eat more then others i'd miss the expected level.

So basically eating myself sick (not literally) is the only why i will get bigger naturally?

stanton
07-27-2012, 01:32 PM
db6, You want steroids ...the best for your age is milkavar, steakadrol, and chickenbolan... Thats it!!

Your 16 dude, This isn't gonna happen overnight. It's all lined out in the above suggestions. First thing, You have to eat more or cut back on lifting. You need protein, 2 grams per lb of body weight. Since you didn't give your body weight, add 20lbs to it and calculate how much protien you need to eat daily. Make that happen! Increase your food other than chicken, steak, fish, complex carbs, add Ice cream, whole milk, almonds, olive oil, pizza...your 16 man eat everything in sight. Eat something every two hours. Join fitday.com track your calories...it's free.

You say your eating yourself sick then drop the to lifting 3 days a week. Rest is just as important as lifting and eating. You have to lift enough, eat enough, and sleep enough. Take any one of those out and you won't grow. Do starting strength or a simple push, pull, legs routine, all compound lifts. You will not grow if you don't feed the machine and rest. You have proven this right?

Steroids at your age is ridiculous. Other than screwing your hormones up for good, it would be a total waste since you can't gain naturally. You gain 15lbs on gear...you will loose it because your already not eating enough. Your coach suggesting them or hinting doesn't speak much for the care of the health of his team in my opinion.

Try the above for a couple months, track your progress with a journal and keep us posted. Good luck man!

DontTakeEmOff31
07-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Its very easy to gain weight, people just dont understand the effort required. Don't eat an extra 500 calories a day, eat an extra 1500 calories a day. You should be miserable all day every day. When I am bulking I hate my life, but I get bigger. I can't wait to do another 20 lbs.

Anyone who says anything else is probably not very big.

drew
07-31-2012, 06:12 AM
It's pretty obvious from your posts that you have no clue how many calories you're taking in. Whatever you eat now, double it. If you are ever hungry, don't be. If you're full, eat more. If you can't gain weight, you're either not eating enough or you have some kind of disease. It's really that simple.

patricky
07-31-2012, 07:20 AM
My advice would be to take it slow.
Slowly increase what you eat and you will be able to handle it better.
If you grab an ecto and suddenly get him to eat 5000 cal a day he won't stick with it.

You can make wicked calorie dense shakes with peanut butter, milk powder, olive oil, oats, etc. Slam 3 down a day and eat as you are now and you will gain.

Steroids would be absolutely RETARDED at your age, I mean WTF you're not retarded are you? Hmmm maybe you are considering all the information that's around on the subject.

BRB not reaching your height potential, bering weaker in the long run, being deformed, never being able to have kids, yeah dude do a cycle. And come back and shot your coach.

Alex.V
07-31-2012, 08:41 AM
If you can't gain weight naturally, you won't gain weight with steroids. Steroids do not magically increase your calories or slow your metabolism, they will simply put more of that mass into muscle, percentage wise. If you were saying "I am 30 years old, I have been training for ten years, I am 230 pounds and fairly lean, but cannot gain weight without putting on way too much fat, are steroids for me", I'd say "maybe".

So let's make a list of reasons why you should and shouldn't use steroids:

Reasons you shouldn't:
-You aren't eating enough now, so they will be wasted.
-You're 16, they will mess you up
-If you come off cycle, given your problems now, lower test levels will probably end up making you SMALLER than you are now
-They are illegal in your sport, and I doubt you are experienced enough to conceal it entirely.
-You're 16
-You're 16

Reasons you should:
-Sterility would remove you from the gene pool.

Invain
08-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Last cycle I fasted for 3 months and put on 40 pounds, so you're wrong Alex, steroids ARE magic.

Beef Building
08-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Keep eating more until you feel you gain weight gradually.

It's a tough gig finding out how many calories you need when you train regularly due to it being hard to find out how many calories you are losing.

RhodeHouse
08-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Its very easy to gain weight, people just dont understand the effort required. Don't eat an extra 500 calories a day, eat an extra 1500 calories a day. You should be miserable all day every day. When I am bulking I hate my life, but I get bigger. I can't wait to do another 20 lbs.

Anyone who says anything else is probably not very big.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RhodeHouse
08-03-2012, 05:39 AM
My advice would be to take it slow.
Slowly increase what you eat and you will be able to handle it better.
If you grab an ecto and suddenly get him to eat 5000 cal a day he won't stick with it.

You can make wicked calorie dense shakes with peanut butter, milk powder, olive oil, oats, etc. Slam 3 down a day and eat as you are now and you will gain.

Steroids would be absolutely RETARDED at your age, I mean WTF you're not retarded are you? Hmmm maybe you are considering all the information that's around on the subject.

BRB not reaching your height potential, bering weaker in the long run, being deformed, never being able to have kids, yeah dude do a cycle. And come back and shot your coach.

Some solid points, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to steroids. Speak on what you do know. Not what you don't.

RhodeHouse
08-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Last cycle I fasted for 3 months and put on 40 pounds, so you're wrong Alex, steroids ARE magic.

With those numbers and stats, I'd find a new drug dealer.

Patz
08-05-2012, 07:54 PM
My coworker eats 8,000 calories a day, legitimately.

Surely you can step it up a bit, eh?

Bako Lifter
08-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Some solid points, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to steroids. Speak on what you do know. Not what you don't.

You don't think a 16 year old (who can't figure out how to gain weight on his own) taking steroids wouldn't be retarded?

Invain
08-06-2012, 11:39 AM
With those numbers and stats, I'd find a new drug dealer.

I honestly have no idea how to respond to this. I guess could point out the fact that I was being sarcastic. If you knew that already though, then your post makes even less sense. If you didn't realize I was being sarcastic, then you're trying to flame me, which I find strange seeing as it was unprovoked, though nothing really surprises me coming from you.

DoUgL@S
08-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Oh how I've missed WBB. He is 16. Obviously needs an education on putting on weight on or off gear. He needs a mentor WAY MORE than gear. I hope that the OP takes the time to read all the great information on WBB. It takes a little digging sometimes, but there are some gems on this forum.

As others have said, use something like fitday. Know how much you are actually eating. Then adjust to meet your needs. If you are eating 10,000 calories a day and still not gaining weight, come back and ask again.

RhodeHouse
08-07-2012, 06:19 AM
You don't think a 16 year old (who can't figure out how to gain weight on his own) taking steroids wouldn't be retarded?

I have no idea where you got that idea from. I think it's just about the dumbest thing a kid could do.

RhodeHouse
08-07-2012, 06:25 AM
I honestly have no idea how to respond to this. I guess could point out the fact that I was being sarcastic. If you knew that already though, then your post makes even less sense. If you didn't realize I was being sarcastic, then you're trying to flame me, which I find strange seeing as it was unprovoked, though nothing really surprises me coming from you.

Well, sarcasm on the internet is a hard thing to read. My post makes perfect sense. If you're that sensitive I can't help that. I'd say toughen up, but that might also hurt your feelings.

As for "flaming" you. I thought you were serious about steroids being the answer and thought that was fucking stupid. Toughen up.

Invain
08-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Well, sarcasm on the internet is a hard thing to read. My post makes perfect sense. If you're that sensitive I can't help that. I'd say toughen up, but that might also hurt your feelings.

As for "flaming" you. I thought you were serious about steroids being the answer and thought that was fucking stupid. Toughen up.

Lol? This is such a typical Rhodes response. If you couldn't sense the sarcasm in my post... holy shit. I think you took way too many shots to the head in college.

infoleather
08-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Ate a lot, is to eat until you sick, lying on the after dinner and a shake down, because you may cause.