PDA

View Full Version : One month to contest time!

BCC
06-16-2002, 10:38 PM
Well, I've got another month until my first show. I just thought I'd post a picture to chart some progress. The quality isn't too great, I don't have my normal digital camera, so I just used a crappy web cam. I'm still somewhat soft, but that's what the next 4 weeks is to take care of.

Big Show
06-16-2002, 10:42 PM
Let me be the first to say:thumbup:

Wish I looked like that at your age,instead of a hard body I had a soft body:p

Alex.V
06-16-2002, 11:10 PM
You look good, man. Now, I don't know much about contest prep, but be careful, okay? You're already quite lean. Add some fake tan, oil, and get rid of some subQ water, maybe a pound or two of fat around the midsection, and you'll look great. The last thing you want to do is lose any more muscle at this point. It's a shame how many people look EXCELLENT 4-5 weeks out, but just lose a little bit too much and go into the contest smaller than they should have been. What's your plan the next few weeks?

gympunk
06-16-2002, 11:12 PM
Great "mature" build for your age...good/balance proportion...Nice serritus muscles....Kick Ass!!!

BCC
06-16-2002, 11:53 PM
For the next two weeks I'm going to continue carb cycling. 100g's is my low day, 200g's moderate, and 300g's high. The last 2 weeks I've been consistently eating 440 grams of protein. Most people say it's too much when they hear that, but it's working. I'm not planning on cutting carbs until the last week and a half.

I haven't done any cardio. I don't plan on it either. Right now I'm about 176 pounds.

MonStar
06-16-2002, 11:56 PM
Looking awesome man, seriously. :thumbup::thumbup:

Like Belial said you look great now, dont let the last few weeks before the show f*ck it all up for you. Keep some carbs etc. and dont sacrifice any size.

MS

Bigmofo
06-17-2002, 12:00 AM
man you look great, I looked like that a year ago but, ,right now I just dont want to look like that..:rolleyes: keep up the good work and keep us posted about your progress..

Mystic Eric
06-17-2002, 12:24 AM
I hate you. :cry:

MRJ
06-17-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
Well, I've got another month until my first show. I just thought I'd post a picture to chart some progress. The quality isn't too great, I don't have my normal digital camera, so I just used a crappy web cam. I'm still somewhat soft, but that's what the next 4 weeks is to take care of.

Difficult to tell, but it appears your legs overpower your upper torso. (focus on upper body development after the show to add symmetry & balance)

In any event, I'm sure this will be a great learning experience and a springboard for further development.

Well done !

Rock
06-17-2002, 11:00 AM
post more pics, you look good.

Goin_Big
06-17-2002, 11:46 AM
I hate you chase, I really hate you.

Do you stay that cut year round?

Good luck in the contest, and you better live a little afterwards, have a donut for god sakes.

GeneticallyGifted
06-17-2002, 01:05 PM
Chase, I don't know what your weight class is but you do want to be in the high end of it. Most competitions do want cuts but being in the low end of the class makes you look alot smaller compared to the rest.

I'm tellin ya because that happened to me.

Questions:
What's is the weight class and what is the weight bracket?

What Organization are you competing under?

Just trying to help ya. I was there not to long ago.

stantheman
06-17-2002, 01:09 PM
Damn, I didn't know it was possible to be that jacked at 16. Good job.

hidethecookies
06-17-2002, 01:26 PM
damn bro im the same age as you i wish i was that jacked.... you think you could post your routine, how long you've been working out, and diet... also do you have any pics of like a few months ago to see your progess... are you taking any supplements?... sorry for interrorgating you but just trying to see what you do to get looking like that at such a young age...

Black_Curtain
06-17-2002, 01:26 PM
I am sixteen and I must tell you you are the biggest fucheh I have seen anywhere near our age. Great job and good luck.

chris mason
06-17-2002, 03:54 PM
You look great Chasey! I agree with the others, you look quite lean now, don't overdo it by peaking too early.

Neil
06-17-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by stantheman
Damn, I didn't know it was possible to be that jacked at 16. Good job.

Neither did I. Good luck at the show.

Accipiter
06-17-2002, 05:40 PM
how tall are you?

****. I'm going to the gym now.

BCC
06-17-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by AFreakyMutation
Chase, I don't know what your weight class is but you do want to be in the high end of it. Most competitions do want cuts but being in the low end of the class makes you look alot smaller compared to the rest.

I'm tellin ya because that happened to me.

Questions:
What's is the weight class and what is the weight bracket?

What Organization are you competing under?

Just trying to help ya. I was there not to long ago.

It's an NPC event. There is no weight class, it's flat out a teen division 19 years of age and younger.

Accipter, I'm 5'10

rookiebldr
06-17-2002, 08:46 PM
Chase, since I've been on this site, I've watched your progess and it's great to see you make it this far and look this awesome. It certainly looks like you know what your doing. Keep up the great work and kick *ss at the competition. :thumbup:

What weight are you planning to enter the competition at?

BCC
06-17-2002, 10:26 PM
If I get to where I want to be, I may end up between 160 and 165

MonStar
06-17-2002, 10:49 PM
BigChaseyChase-
Curious bro where is the competition?

Some guy I know is competing in Philly for 19 years or younger. Hes puny as sh!t too you would blow him away. :):)

MS

BCC
06-17-2002, 10:53 PM
The contest is here in Fort Wayne, Indiana. A trainer at my gym is trying to talk me into doing the 2002 Indianapolis the week before just to get the feel for things, I don't know about that yet.

GeneticallyGifted
06-18-2002, 11:16 AM
I don't know about doing the competition but I think that you should go and see the competitors because some of them will be in the competition that you are in. You can see how the judges view and score competitors. The NPC is isn't totally about being shredded, its about mass really. I did my NPC competition and I was the cuttest person there and I got 6th outta 18 people. The guys that beat me were bigger, but it is different for the teenage division.

I know that you will do well regardless, so don't really worry. Most teenages don't even come close to having the body that you have. Have that confidence.

Reinier
06-18-2002, 11:19 AM
I hate you so much you wouldn`t believe BCC....

Silverback
06-18-2002, 11:28 AM
woahh, great work your destined to be a legend and have a great future, well b seeing you soon in 'muscle and fitness' no doubt

Tiare
06-18-2002, 11:32 AM
Looks good BCC! You've got a bit of cutting to do in the next 2 to 3 weeks to get some better definition and you should be ace! Then you can go into the final week with just water, sodium and posing practice on your mind rather than having to worry about cutting on the last week.

Goin_Big
06-18-2002, 12:12 PM
Chase, do I remember you saying you have 17" arms?

Are you also quite strong, or do you mostly just go for the big muscle look?

I'm guessing you're above average in strength, just wondering.

Monster Muscle
06-18-2002, 12:32 PM
My lifting partner that I train with was a teen bodtbuilder just like you with the same stats..he was alittle bit bigger with less BF. He always took first at competitions. He said his ego was starting to grow on him. He hated being that way. Don't let that happen to you.

BCC
06-18-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Goin_Big
Chase, do I remember you saying you have 17" arms?

Are you also quite strong, or do you mostly just go for the big muscle look?

I'm guessing you're above average in strength, just wondering.

I've never commented on the size of my arms, they're nowhere near 17". You could say I'm strong, I've deadlifted 475 from the floor. And pulled 440x3 at a bodyweight of around 177.

chris mason
06-18-2002, 04:05 PM
What show are you going to do Chase, and where is it at?

BCC
06-18-2002, 04:12 PM
NPC Midwestern States Championships in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

chris mason
06-18-2002, 04:14 PM
Lookin good guy!

BCC
06-18-2002, 04:22 PM
Thanks Chris! Here's a shot that shows my legs better than the first picture.

Tru
06-18-2002, 04:46 PM
Damn man.. Looking huge... Good luck at your show :)

Goin_Big
06-18-2002, 05:00 PM
Mah bad Chase, I just thought I remembered hearing that.

Guess I was wrong :)

They looked about the same as mine, which is why I was confused thinking you had 17s when I only got 15s.

I feel better now, lol.

AlanJ
06-18-2002, 05:52 PM
Could you descibe in detail your current precontest training routine, including exercise selection, set/reps, splits, and frequency?

fatsoPanda
06-18-2002, 05:56 PM
For the next two weeks I'm going to continue carb cycling. 100g's is my low day, 200g's moderate, and 300g's high. The last 2 weeks I've been consistently eating 440 grams of protein. Most people say it's too much when they hear that, but it's working. I'm not planning on cutting carbs until the last week and a half.

I haven't done any cardio. I don't plan on it either. Right now I'm about 176 pounds.

NO cardio?? at all?? well, you must have great genetics, because you look really good. but, i think you should always incorporate cardio into a routine not only for health reasons but also because it'll help you shed any extra body fat. Remember, you won't always have a good metabolism as you do now.

BCC
06-18-2002, 06:08 PM
A well balanced diet combined with resistance training is better than cardio could ever be.

BCC
06-18-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by AlanJ
Could you descibe in detail your current precontest training routine, including exercise selection, set/reps, splits, and frequency?

My training now is really no different than before.

Quads: Front squats, walking lunges, sumo deads

Hamstrings: SLDL's, seated leg curls, standing one legged curls

Calves: Standing calves raises, donkey calve raises, seated calve raises

Back: Weighted Pull-ups, bent over rows, Nautilus pullovers, deadlifts

Chest: Flat BB bench, Incline DB bench, Nautilus Incline Fly

Triceps: Close grip bench and indirect work through weighted dips.

Shoulders: DB Military press, Lateral raises (cable/dumbell/hammerstrength machine) Lying laterals on incline for rear delts.

My rep scheme is generally 6-8 reps. I incorporate drop sets on occaision.

Split: Quads alone, Hamstrings alone, Back alone, Chest/Shoulders/Triceps, Calves thrown in on various days as I feel they're adequately recovered.

Training Frequency: Whenever I feel I can train next, it varies depending upon rest and diet.

Maki Riddington
06-18-2002, 06:16 PM
I don't know about that Chasey. Cardio may not be needed for you but for most people getting ready for a contest some cardio is needed to help get them lean.

MarshallPenn
06-18-2002, 07:35 PM
What about the fact that cadrio's primary purpose is for cardiovascular health, not for shedding fat. Do you think weight training alone can give you enough cardiovascular benefits? It might. Anyone?

Not to derail your thread or anything Chase, you look awesome!

rookiebldr
06-18-2002, 08:31 PM
BCC, no bi's? Do you find that your back routine and maybe some of the other exercises give your bis enough of a workout without training them specifically?

BCC
06-18-2002, 09:58 PM
That's mainly what I find. If I ever do biceps, which is rare, I usually just use the nautilus bicep machine and do one drop set with each arm.

As far as cardio goes, I do believe weight training alone has enough cardiovascular benefits.

Monster Muscle
06-19-2002, 12:31 AM
I saw a pic of you. b4 and after pic awhile back. Why were you so skinny and then bulked up so quickly? What special thing did you do or was it just your growth spirt? Do you play any sports or do you just bodybuild all the time. You have great streng... You should use it for something. You could put it to good use in wrestling. But that is just my opinion.

YatesNightBlade
06-19-2002, 02:47 AM
looking good.

beastin v6
06-19-2002, 07:50 AM
Hey bro, looking awesome.. best of luck!

Reinier
06-19-2002, 08:52 AM
your legs are real real big. arent they like ahead on the rest of you

BCC
06-19-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Reinier
your legs are real real big. arent they like ahead on the rest of you

Hmm..I'm not sure..I think any leg development will work towards my advantage in a teenage contest though.

Fudomyo
06-19-2002, 09:39 AM
I'm not planning on cutting carbs until the last week and a half.

That doesn't make any sense. You will just be glycogen depleted for your show. Each gram of glycogen requires at least 3 grams of water. That's an easy 5 lbs of muscle on you. Probably more.

You want to carb LOAD your last week.

I'm afraid to ask about creatine. What's you plan there?

Fudo

Jane
06-19-2002, 10:03 AM
Your legs/symmetry looks fine to me, but I'm no expert.

In any case, exteremely impressive. :nod:

I think the generally accepted tactic for contests is to deplete and then load to really fill out the muscles. When you load carbs though, be very very careful not to have any spillover because you'll sacrifice definition. It might be a good idea to practice your pre-contest plan 1-2 weeks before the contest and figure out at what point you look your best. You wouldn't want to come home from the show and realize that you look better the day after.

Good luck, I'm sure you will do awesome!!

MRJ
06-19-2002, 01:55 PM
A well balanced diet combined with resistance training is better than cardio could ever be.

Depends upon your goals, this statement is a bit broad to be entirely accurate.

Keep your perspective.

chris mason
06-19-2002, 03:25 PM
Chasey, what is you name anyhow? Anyway, just keep doing what you are doing and skip the suggestions of the peanut gallery. You are doing a teen show, you look good.

bigkevin20
06-19-2002, 03:50 PM
I can look like that!!!! I think i can.. think i can.. I thik i can
Yo man I cant hate but you only 16 damn.. what have I been doing all these years.. You gonna be huge one day
you eat alot of food or food and shakes

beastin v6
06-19-2002, 03:56 PM
I would, card up on weekends and see how you look during the week on low carbs.. do it atleast 4 weeks b4 a contest. that way you'll have some time to work on that. if you had the right carbs on monday you'll notice. Also, i know guys that have been on creatine while they competed.

peace

BCC
06-19-2002, 04:00 PM
I'm not using creatine now. I'm going to deplete my carbs beginning 11 days out from the show most likely, and carb up for the 3-4 days leading up to the show.

BTW Chris, my name is Chase Sullivan-Doyle

Maki Riddington
06-19-2002, 05:27 PM
Looking lean and mean Doyle.
I wouldn't take the advice of what should be done for your comp training on this board nessicarily. I would go with your plan of attack. Conflicting advice will only serve to ruin your hard work.

BCC
06-19-2002, 11:17 PM
Thanks a lot maki.

O'Doyle Rules :indian:

smalls
06-19-2002, 11:21 PM
Your a freak man. Seriously, the best legs on a 16 year old I have ever seen. Be very proud of yourself. Your going to do awesome.

davetha1
06-20-2002, 02:05 AM
Always impressed and very jealous, gl at your contest.