PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed after bf check :(

Goatofthunder
08-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Hi guys.

I'm not sure where to put this, but i'll start here.
In late May i had a bf check and measured 83 kg at 15,6 bf.
I started a cutting cycle 250 test e a week 1st June and got the fallowing results.
78,4 kg and 13 %. (Lost 2 kg Muscles) :(

(This was an electrical scal in the gym, I was dehydrated at the time, just finished my work out and didn't have my Post work out protein righ away) Don't know i this makes a diffrence for the measurments.

I have been fallowing the CKD since mid June and testing positive on the stick.
I honestly though i had made better progress, my strenght is up in all my lifts, so how can my musles mass be down?
I suspect i have been eating too far under maintenance. According to most online calculator, it should be between 2400 to 2500. I have been eating around 1600-1900 kcal a day for the past month, except in carb up days, where i i eat around 2500-3000 kcal. 60-70 % carbs.

My typical diet is as fallows

08:00 20 gr fish oil
12:00 a portion of chicken wings 33 gr pro 1 gr car 22 gr fat.
15:00 The same as the meal before or a protein shake.
19:00 Home cooked meat, chicken, beef or someting similar. 60-80 gr protein and 20-30 gr fat. I try to eat a shit load of spinach in this meal.
21:00 100 gr of cheese 32 protein, 10 gr fat.

A typical macros 170-180 gr protein, 5-20 gr carbs and 100 gr fat.

Training.

I hit the weight 3 times a week with a A/B split. Pusing and pulling excersices fallowed by some isolation work.
1-2 HIIT sprints a week (recently started) 20 minutes
1-2 Slow cardio, 40 minutes at 120-130 pulse.

Note, i do not strenght train with my legs any more due to a bad injury :(
Squats and deads used to be my favorite lifts before i hurt my hip.

Any advices on how to speed up my fat loss, along with keeping my musles would be appreciated :)
I'd also be glad to provide more info if reqiured.

RhodeHouse
08-15-2012, 08:19 AM
You're fine. The electrical scales are terrible. Get it done via calipers. If you really are around 15%, a 2% loss is fantastic! Be realistic.

Goatofthunder
08-15-2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the reply!
I just thought that the juice would help me maintain ALL my muscle :(
I've also read about people shedding a percent og bf weekly.
I'm no where near that at the moment.

So good old patience is the recomendation?

Goatofthunder
08-15-2012, 08:25 AM
I have also done the caliper test. (myself)
I did a 3 point measurment and it measures 9%.

There is quit a lot of diffrence from 13%, do you think the clip is more accurate?

Alex.V
08-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the reply!
I just thought that the juice would help me maintain ALL my muscle :(
I've also read about people shedding a percent og bf weekly.
I'm no where near that at the moment.

So good old patience is the recomendation?

At 250mg a week? No way. It's not magic sauce, mate, that's only slightly more than double your natural production.

Goatofthunder
08-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Wow, i guess this could have ended a lot worse then.
I have the juice to up it to 500 a week, but not sure if that's gona make a diffrence.

I think i'll stick to the original plan, may be up kcal 200-300 and see what thad does.

KristianT
08-15-2012, 04:38 PM
I have done a few bulk/cut phases and my big mistake in my cutt that i was dissapointed in were always that I was always rushing the process and cut calories too heaviy. by the end my strengh was that of a wet kitten.

Dont be affrid of taking in more calories. Put it this way, 1600 or so calories is a good calorie level for a girl to maintain her petit physique, you dont want to look like a girl do you? Just give the process some time.

Goatofthunder
08-20-2012, 02:36 PM
I upped my kcal to 1900-2000 a day, did a massive carb up during the weekend and i can see better musle defenition, i even see 4 of my abs for the first time AND my weight is going down slightly again :)

Thanks for the advice.