PDA

View Full Version : Brief Post Cancer surgery Report: Sorry it took so long.

mastermonster
08-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Hey guys! I'll try to keep this brief since I'm still real weak. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since the surgery. They removed my right kidney, adrenal gland and the lymph nobes in the area. The kidney and adrenal gland had renal cell carcinoma but the lymph nobes were negative. Dr. Pirani said they got it all! Thank God! I did however almost crash and die shortly after being put in a room. Although I was reportedly alert and doing well I don't remember any of this. But the doctors and Pam said I started becoming non-responsive and my eyes rolled back. My BP started dropping. The lowest reading they could measure was 42/27 and couldn't register a pressure on a couple of attempts. They rushed me down to CCU and from my enzyme readings at 1st thought I'd had a heart attack. (Later determined I didn't). They started pumping me full of drugs to raise my pressure and to try to cancel the morphine. He said I wasn't clearing the morphine fast enough with one kidney and then my kidney shut down! They started pushing IV fluids and meds to try to restart my kidney and late into day two it finally started working again. On friday Dr.Pirani said all my blood work was normal again and I'd 'turned the corner'. I went back to a room on the floor on sunday. I finally got to come home wed. night. Pam has taken great care of me and I appreciate her so much! I'm still very weak and get tired easy. But I'm a little better each day now. I'll get back on here when I'm feeling stronger. I don't have much of an appetite and I've lost down to 236 lbs. I'm trying to eat as much as I can make myself eat right now. I want to keep some weight off but I want to slow it down a bit while I'm recovering. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!

chris mason
08-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Glad you made it! That is awesome! I hope you stay cancer free and return to health quickly.

Jonathan E
08-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Intense story. Best of luck in the recovery stages. Sounds like your past the worst.

ScottYard
08-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Stay focused and get recovered. It sounds like the worst is behind you.

UncleAl
08-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Glad they got it all and you made it through that ordeal. Heal well and God bless.

dammstrate
08-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Good Luck to you Buddy, have a speedy recovery!

Rob Luyando
08-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Wish you all the best in a speedy recovery. If you can't stomach much food right now try watered down protein shakes until you get your apatite back.

Justin Randal
08-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Wow! That is just crazy!! Glad to hear they got it all and that you are on the road to recovery!! Please continue to keep us updated.
God bless!!

RhodeHouse
08-20-2012, 05:56 AM
Kicking ass! Glad you're well and only getting better.

ironwill727
08-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Crazy story. Best of luck with your recovery.