PDA

View Full Version : carb cycling vs. low carb cutting diet

bgb1990
08-19-2012, 10:02 PM
i am trying to drop from 12% bf down to at least below 10%. i have been on atkins diet (no carbs) and have had some success but cannot seem to get this fat off my body. so i am going to switch it up and try either a general low carb cutting diet or carb cycling but im not sure which would be more effective. anyone have any insight as to which would be more effective in dropping this fat?

krazylarry
08-19-2012, 11:46 PM
Best fat loss I have had was following a keto diet, it completely killed my fight training tho. 0 energy to throw punches, but I looked like I could fight, and that's the important part, right...

Behemoth
08-20-2012, 06:40 AM
i am trying to drop from 12% bf down to at least below 10%. i have been on atkins diet (no carbs) and have had some success but cannot seem to get this fat off my body. so i am going to switch it up and try either a general low carb cutting diet or carb cycling but im not sure which would be more effective. anyone have any insight as to which would be more effective in dropping this fat?

If you're above 12% there's no need to be fancy, just consistent. I'd recommend simply bumping your calories up by 20% of so for a week or two then bring them back down to where you're currently at.

bgb1990
08-20-2012, 08:32 AM
@krazylarry atkins is essentially a keto diet, no carbs and run of fat.

@behemoth so youre thinking my body has gotten accustomed to the calorie deficit and needs to be kick started by a small increase and then drop back down again?

Allen Cress
08-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Definitely make sure to either have 1-2 high carb days or a cheat meal every week.