PDA

View Full Version : Time to begin again.

WannaBeStrong
06-17-2002, 11:33 AM
It's time, it's time folks! Time to transform myself back into something that resembles human.

Long story short-> Original weight 188 (10% bf) add some stress, poor eating, lack of training facility, and moving 3 times = 160 (18%)

Now I am down to 152lbs (14%bf) after getting my ass in gear. I want to cut off as much BF as possible before I start gaining weight again.

Long term goals will be about 175-185lbs (175 preferred) and as low of a BF as I can squeeze. I would not mind being 185 and losing 10lbs (including muscle) to get to my desired bf. As of now I will settle on 8%.

Current Stats
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 152lbs (morning weight)
Abdominal Caliper : 16mm

Short Term Goals
Height: 6'4" (ok, so it's a little late for that)
Weight: 145lbs (morning)
A.C. : 10mm
As of now I am all natural but I may do a test cut after my next bulk to get to a low BF.

Stage One
I am starting myself on a 6 week diet to attempt to cut down to as lean as I can go in this time. My goals are to keep my body guessing a little and maintain a working metabolism.

Maintenance Calories : 15 * BW or 2300

Week One : Maintenance calories - 500
Week Two : Maintenance calories - 600
Week Three : Maintenance calories - 700
Week Four : Maintenance calories - 800
Week Five : Maintenance calories - 900
Week Six : Maintenance calories - 1000

I will get 1g/lb BW of protein, about 25g of fat. The rest will be carbohydrates which will be lowered throughout the weeks.

My total calorie deficit will be 31,500 calories.
One pound of bodyfat weighs about 3500 calories, so there is a potential for 9lbs of fat loss over the 6 weeks. More realistically, I will shoot for 6-7lbs of bodyfat.

My workout routine for the week:
Workout A
Squats: 1x20 --> using a hip squat belt. my lower back is messed.
TrapBar Shrugs : 1x20
Weighted Dips : 2x[8-12]
Weighted Chinups : 2x[8-12]
One Arm DB Rows : 2x[8-12]
[insert shoulder motion, as my back allows]
Reverse Curls: 2x[8-12]
Strap Holds with a Captain of Crush Trainer [0-10seconds].
Singles with Captain of Crush #1
Pinch 2x10lb plates together with a dumbell inside
Weighted crunches 1x[8-12] (need a way to hold a lot more weight).

Workout B
TrapBar Deadlift : 1x20 --> this will come as soon as my back feels OK.
TrapBar Shrugs : 1x20
Weighted Dips : 2x[8-12]
Weighted Chinups : 2x[8-12]
[insert shoulder motion, as my back allows]
One Arm DB Rows : 2x[8-12]
3" Wrist Roller: 2x1
Strap Holds with a Captain of Crush Trainer [0-10seconds].
Singles with Captain of Crush #1
Pinch 2x10lb plates together with a dumbell inside.
Weighted crunches 1x[8-12] (need a way to hold a lot more weight).

I am keeping it very simple for now due to equipment restraints and a lower back injury. I will add close-grip bench, better shoulder work, and some varied grip work as I go.

Week 1 Meal Plan

Meal One - quick n' dirty
Kashi Go Lean 40 g 120 1 28 8
Lactaid FF Milk 8 oz 80 0 13 8
Orange 1 fruit 62 0 15 1
----
262 calories

Meal Two - Short time later
Quaker Rolled Oats 40 g 150 3 27 5
Raw Strawberries 4 oz 32 0 8 1
Lactaid FF Milk 8 oz 80 0 13 8
---
262 calories

Meal Three
BrownBerry Health Nut Bagel 1 bagel 220 3 41 10
Turkey (packaged) 112 g 100 0 4 20
---
320 calories

Meal Four
Fat Free Cottage Cheese 8 oz 160 0 10 28
Peach 1 fruit 42 0 11 1
---
202 calories

Meal Five
Tuna 1 can 150 1 0 33
Baby Carrots 9 pieces 40 1 9 1
Apple 1 fruit 74 0 19 0
---
264 calories

Meal Six
Perdue Chicken Breast 4.5 oz 165 1 0 38
Brown Rice 43 g 170 2 34 4
---
335 calories

Meal...sort of Seven
Flaxseed oil 1 TBSP 120 14 0 0
Water + Psyllium 1 TBSP 0 (6g fiber)
---
120 calories

That looks like junk, but in notepad it was ok (parsed spaces).

Totals for the day are roughly : 1800 calories, 27g fat, 240g carbs, 165g protein

I plan on adding more vegetables later. I sometimes use lettuce with my flaxseed oil (and a little vinegar).

I also drink at least 1 gallon of water a day, easily.

Supplements:
Twinlab Daily One Multi-Vit
Twinlab B-100 Complex
Twinlab C-2000 Sustained Release Complex
Twinlab E-400IU
Colloidal Minerals

You know how the key to weight lifting is progressive overload? Well, I am trying that same principle here. With any luck it will work!

Once a week (now) I Thai Box for 2 hours. That is the same day which I do my workout B (right after the Muay Thai).
I don't want to do more cardio, but if I decide to (to get my stamina up) I will add an extra 100-200 calories on those days.

Questions, Comments, Mockery, and Insults are welcome.

WannaBeStrong
06-17-2002, 07:10 PM
Workout
Today I did Workout A with TB deads since my IronMind Hip Squat Belt didn't come in yet. I underestimated the amount of torment my forearms would receive from thick-bar dip/chins and cut my grip work short for today. I think I will do more on an off day instead.
TrapBar Deadlift : 1x20 120lbs easy, getting feel for motion
TrapBar Shrugs : 1x20 120lbs easy
Weighted Dips : 1x12, 1x8 +15lbs nice
Weighted Chinups : 1x10, 1x4 (I need to put these up front in my workout. They are the hardest movement.)friggen hard
Reverse Curls 1x12 55lbs my forearms were destroyed by this point!
One Arm DB Rows : 1x8 45lbs Forearms failed me!
Strap Holds with a Captain of Crush Trainer [0-10seconds]. I didn't make the strap hold, but I turned it into a severe negative for each hand. Again, my forearms were just totally destroyed.
Weighted crunches 1x12 45lbs, 1x15 65lbs *sigh* I need 25lb plates for my standard dumbells, or olympic thick dumbells (wish list!) these were way too simple. I held each at the top position for 1 solid second, lowering with only my abs

Diet
My diet was on track today, the only variation was 1 roll of smarties (until I get dextrose) and 8oz of milk after my workout. Tried to compensate for the calories burned. I'd like to keep on track with my diet.

Rest
Estimated sleep tonight: 8 hours
I also slept 1 hour after I worked out. I love having my girlfriend here :)

Supplements
Took all of my supplements with Meal Six today (they just came in).

Notes and Revisions
Junking extra forearm work on major lift days. It'll be way too much.

I will get some "before" pictures up to let everyone see what little I have to work with. :D

Celestial
06-18-2002, 06:57 PM
Goodluck!! I know what its like to have to start again!!! Keep it up!:)

WannaBeStrong
06-19-2002, 06:27 AM
Two Nights Ago
Sleep : 7.5 hours

Last Night
Sleep : 5.5 hours

I feel horrible. Man! I am so friggen tired it is ridiculous. I am going to bed at 6:00 tonight in hopes for a nice 12 hours.

My diet is on. I skipped my first meal today, but I'll get it tonight. I am going to get rid of some fruits in the diet. Replace them with vegetables.

WannaBeStrong
06-20-2002, 09:20 AM
Wednesday 06.19.2002

Today I was hella tired all day. I had 4 hours of sleep and no amount of coffee was fixing that. My plans for this evening are to sleep a LOT.

Diet
I missed my morning meal because I was so tired and had to put together my lunch. I decided to rearrange my food a bit and put my cottage cheese, flaxseed, and fiber at the end of the day (meal 7).

I didn't cheat (I don't cheat!) but I went to the Sushi Bar and got 1/2lb of raw salmon and some yellow tail rolls (BAD! White rice bad!). I won't get the rolls again, I guess that is cheating enough. They sucked this time anyhow. Too bad the sashimi was still partially frozen. Twas good though. Had some low-sodium soy sauce as well.

Workout
n/a

Notes and Revisions
I went to bed at 5:30, woke again at 8:30 went back to bed at 11:00, woke refreshed at 6:00am this morning.

Total sleep: 10 hours w00t!

Another revision - I am upping my fats a little by intaking almonds and removing the cereal. I've also added cucumbers and brocolli to my daily vegetable consumption.
My percentages look like - 20% 40% 40% right now (f/c/p)
I am less hungry at this split, so I will keep it similar for now. As I lower my carbs throughout the weeks the split will change a bit, but that's the plan.

Good news is...I am starting to see my abs from straight on! Today was the first time I noticed :D

I am calling my plastic surgeon tomorrow about removing my pubertal gyno. I'll let you know how that goes.

WannaBeStrong
06-21-2002, 06:55 AM
Thursday 06.20.2002

I felt good today! The good amount of sleep was very helpful. Although I did crash again when I come home. My body is definitely telling me to slow down.

Diet
I didn't eat meal one again because I am switching my diet up. I
ran to fitday after a carb craving and swapped 1 wheat bagel with 16g of natural peanut butter for the brown rice (that wasn't cooking up nicely anyway). Made the day at about 1760 calories.
24/38/38 fat/c/p split.

Workout
I brought my COC T, #1, and #2 to work today. People are hella weak. Only 2 people so far have clicked the trainer. 2. Out of the 20 I've asked. I did a bunch of singles all day with the T and #1 and did a SUPER SUPER SLOW 40pos/40neg 1 rep with the trainer. My hands felt like Jell-O when I was done.

Rest
I did my sleeping trick again last night. Slept from 5:30 to 8:00 then from 12:00-6:00. I know it isn't consecutive but it's the only way I can manage to get more than 8 hours at a time.

Total sleep: 8.5 hours

Notes and Revisions
Tomorrow I only have 1 hour of kickboxing, 30 minutes to drive home, then workout B. I wonder how that will do me for hypertrophy :rolleyes:

WannaBeStrong
06-21-2002, 09:14 PM
Friday 06.21.2002
I hope to sleep 10 hours tonight, at the minimum. My recovery time needs to be maximized for my grip workout on Sunday.

Diet
Today's diet was my sashimi replacement diet. Overall I got about 1800 calories.

Post-workout I drank 1 quart of fat free milk (32g protein) and 1 roll of dextrose candy (about 50g)

Workout Goals
Weighted Chinups : 1x10, 1x4 +5
TrapBar Deadlift : 1x20 140lbs
TrapBar Shrugs : 1x20 140lbs
Weighted Dips : 1x12, 1x8 +20lbs
One Arm DB Rows : 1x8 50lbs

Workout
I kickboxed for one hour straight, drove home (45 minutes) and worked out. I had dextrose before the kickboxing, before my lifting, and after. My glycogen repleneshed nicely for the workout I must say!

Weighted Neutral Grip Chins 1x12, 1x6 +5lbs
I knew putting this up front would work!

TrapBar Deadlift 1x22 140lbs
Could have squeezed out more, but my lower back began a little ache.

TrapBar Shrugs 1x20 140lbs -
lower back gave. I need to get that checked again :(

Dips 1x12 , 1x10 +20
This motion was much harder placed here. I think I am going to move it up a bit, based on how well my squats feel towards the end of the workout

DB Row 1x10 (R), 1x10 (L) 50lbs
I was so dead, I bet this looked sloppy as hell. Do you think I even need this after BLDL and Chins?

My lower back fuckin hurts. Back to the chiropractor on Monday, I reckon. All in all I had a LONG ass workout today. I probably burned about 500 calories kickboxing, but I'm not sure. It was intense. I am going to sleep forfuckingever tonight.

Notes and Revisions
I owned my goals today, even with restricted calories.

I want to add pullovers to my routine, so I need to get myself a bench. Oh hell, eventually I'll be able to afford one.

New Grip for Wednesday and Sunday
W - Wrist Roller, Levering, plate pinch (single for time), COC - superslow style
Sun- COC strap holds, plate pinch (passing back and forth until drop), reverse curls

MonStar
06-22-2002, 02:14 AM
WannaBeStrong-
Nice journal man!! Glad to see youre starting a journal here @ WBB be sure to be consistent with it and keep it updated.

Also nice to see that youre into direct forearm/grip work, not many people are. Right now all I am doing is reverse curls, wrist roller, and BB static holds.

MS

WannaBeStrong
06-22-2002, 09:21 PM
Saturday 06.22.2002
MonStar- Thanks for the kind words man!
You should try plate curls, and levering. Grab a 25lb plate, letters up, and try to curl it. If it's too little, try a 35lb :D Levering is like using your wrist as a lever. Do it both ways.

I am really starting to see a difference already. Feel a lot stronger and now I can see some of my top abs and ribs! I will definitely keep it up, since it is a point of motivation for me.

Diet
I got about 1700 calories today. I am taking them down a little early this week. I made myself a whole-wheat pizza with low-sugar pizza sauce and low-fat cheese.
1 slice is 5g fat (2g sat), 24g carbs, and 18g protein. I had two slices :D

Meal One
40g Oatmeal, 1 cup fat free milk, orange

Meal Two
Whole wheat bagel, 100g chicken breast slices

Meal Three
2 slices of whole wheat pizza

Meal Four
4.5oz Chicken breast, Light Yogurt

Meal Five
8 oz cottage cheese, 1 nectarine, 1 TBSP Flaxseed Oil

32g fat, 200g carbs, and about 155g protein.

Workout
n/a

Rest
I slept about 10 hours last night (a little more).
I hope to get about 8 tonight!

Notes and Revisions
My lower back feels much better today! I am still going to the chiropractor on Monday to get my spine decompressed.

Peace.

WannaBeStrong
06-24-2002, 06:38 AM
Sunday 06.23.2002
UGH! Bad day. :D Last night I ended up at a party and drank a Yuengling Lager. Not too much at least, just one! :D

I had to go to my parents to wash my car and they had no food there at all. I ended up getting a Subway turkey on wheat. Then I went to practice with my new band and they ordered pizza. What's a guy to do? :(

Diet
Junk. I needed a day off, I've been healthy eating for a few months with no real problems.

Workout
n/a

Rest
I got 8 hours of sleep. My girlfriend had a hangover and slept all damned day. :\

Notes and Revisions
n/a

WannaBeStrong
06-25-2002, 09:23 PM
Man these last few days have sucked. It's hard to keep up some days (especially when you are out of certain foods. :\)

Nothing special happened except I missed a few planned workouts due to lower back and soreness. I will definitely catch back up soon.

WannaBeStrong
06-28-2002, 07:06 AM
Thursday 06.28.2002
Back on track the past few days! Finally.

Diet
My calories are sitting around 1700 with a 40p/30/30 split.

Workout
n/a
Going to workout on friday

Rest
Went to bed at 10:00 got up at 6:00! I was tired, as well.

Total Sleep : 8 hours

Notes and Revisions
Time to get my ass back into a workout regime. I was so sore after friday that I couldn't do much this week. I tried some grippers last night (in passing) and they felt a lot more difficult.

I went golfing last night for the first time in a few years. Didn't do too bad either :) We got rained out about 5 holes in, but it was fun anyway. I doubt I burned too many calories carting my ass around and hitting a ball every 5 minutes :)

WannaBeStrong
06-28-2002, 04:54 PM
Friday 06.28.2002
I gotta get up early tomorrow, which sucks.

Diet
1700 calories again today, plus post workout stuff.

Post-workout I drank 1 quart of fat free milk (32g protein) and 1 roll of dextrose candy (about 50g)

Workout Goals
Weighted Chinups : 1x10, 1x4 +10lbs
Weighted Dips : 1x10, 1x8 +25lbs
DipBelt Squats : 1x20 95lbs (new movement)
TrapBar Shrugs : 1x20 145lbs
One Arm DB Rows : 1x8 55lbs

Workout
No kickboxing today!

Weighted Chinups : 1x10, 1x4 +10lbs Met
Weighted Dips : 1x12, 1x9 +25lbs Exceeded!
DipBelt Squats : Holy **** is this awkward. I gotta practice. Took too much energy to even get the bar on me. Forfeit
TrapBar Shrugs : 1x20 +145lbs Met
One Arm DB Rows : 1x12 55lbs Exceeded!

Rest
Got 8 hours last night.

Notes and Revisions
I owned my goals again today, even with more restricted calories. I can see the gains are going to slow down though, the weights are feeling a lot more heavy. I think it is due to my lowering of carbs and energy levels.

I need to work on my grip. It was hard for the shrugs. Also, I could have squeezed out one more chinup. Whenever I pause in the middle of a motion, I end up losing it. Next time...

Does anyone even read this? One way or the other, I am keeping focused.

WannaBeStrong
07-01-2002, 06:31 AM
Saturday 06.29.2002
*yawn*

Diet
I ate a poor diet today but I kept my calories low. Had a few beers, some whiskey, some vodka, and some tequila. Then, I was drunk. :D Oh well, one set back.

Workout Goals
n/a

Workout

COC T Strapholds
2 1/2lbs for 12 seconds right, 16 seconds left
5lbs for 7 seconds right, 2 seconds left - hmmm...
Plate pinches
2x10lbs 40 seconds left, 40 seconds right
2x10+5lbs 20 seconds left, 30 seconds right
Reverse Curls Supersetted with Wrist Curls
45lbs x 12 then 45lbs x 12
55lbs x 12 then 55lbs x 12

My forearms felt absolutely wonderful after this workout!

Rest
Went to bed about 4:00am, got up about noonish.

Notes and Revisions
Grip work feels good! I am definitely going to *click* the #1 hard very soon.

WannaBeStrong
07-02-2002, 07:16 AM
Monday 07.01.2002

Diet
Down to 1600 calories this week. Isocaloric ma'fuckers.

Meal One
53g Kashi GoLean Crunch
8oz Milk

Meal Two
40g Quaker Rolled Oatmeal
4oz Milk

Meal Three
1 Brownberry Health Nut Bagel
4oz Turkey Breast

Meal Four
2.3 oz Almonds

Meal Five
4.5oz Chicken Breast
1 TBSP Flaxseed Oil

Meal Six
4oz Fat Free CoChee
1 Medium Peach

I think I am going to push 1/2 cup of milk to a later meal.

Total Calories: 1598
Fat: 57g
Carbs: 157g (27 fiber)
Protein: 126g

I should lose about 1.5 of fat this week. I really hope I do.

Workout
COC Singles with my #1 - 3 each hand (forced)

Rest
Went to bed about 11:30 awoke at 6:00am

Total Sleep: 6.5 hours - BAH! Tonight it's an 8:00 bed time.

Notes and Revisions
I read a good article by Dan Duchaine that talked about isocaloric diets and how it is one of the quickest ways to get your bodyfat down. I figured, what the hell, I may as well switch my diet around a tiny bit to get to there. It was close enough as it was.

WannaBeStrong
07-03-2002, 07:38 AM
Tuesday 07.02.2002

Diet
Diet was on all day until the end. I golfed for about 2.5 hours and was super hot and hungry so I grabbed 3 chicken soft tacos. I thought they were like 120 calories a piece, but it turns out they are about 190. That put me at about 1900 calories. Not enough to gain fat, but still not where I wanted to be.

Workout
I golfed and tried my #1. I got it closer than I ever have before.

Rest
Went to bed about 11:00 awoke at 6:00am.

I had to write songs for my new band. We got an opening spot for "From Autumn to Ashes" next friday. 6 songs in friggen 10 days.

Total Sleep: 7 hours

Notes and Revisions
Mental Note: NO MORE FUCKIN AROUND. I have one month left to cut and I need to not miss workouts and not miss meals and not cheat at all.

WannaBeStrong
07-03-2002, 10:22 AM
Addendum
I've decided to not go any lower than 1600 calories. I may increase it back to 1800 if I don't get results with 7 solid days on 1600. I think my metabolism is slowing down a bit too much at this level, but I will keep at it to make sure.

WannaBeStrong
07-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Friday 07.05.2002
Workout day!

Diet
Diet is supposed to be 1600 calories today. So far I've had
Brownberry Bagel w/ 4oz turkey, then I worked out, then I had 1 chicken breast and 2 8oz glasses of milk. I think I will shoot for 1800 calories today because of my workout.

Workout Goals
Trapbar Deadlifts : 1x20 150lbs
Weighted Chinups : 1x10, 1x4 +10lbs
Weighted Dips : 1x10, 1x8 +30lbs
TrapBar Shrugs : 1x20 150lbs
One Arm DB Rows : 1x10 55lbs STRICT

Workout
No kickboxing again today. I am tired and don't feel like getting beat on for nothing.

Trapbar Deadlifts : 130x5 150 1x25 Exceeded
I decided to warm up a bit before I did my big set.
150 was easy! I could have kept going! After 12 I was hurtin, then I got my second wind and BAM!
Felt better than usual, possibly because of the warmup?

Weighted Chinups : 2x6 +25lbs Kind of exceeded...um, yeah.
Whoops. I thought I did 15lbs last time until I read my journal over. Then, the kicker, I added two 10's to the
5lb dumbell. I think 6 reps while adding like 15lbs over last time at 10 reps is pretty good.
I could have squeezed more out the first set too. I forgot to weigh down the back of my chinup racks (they tilt).
It shifted

Weighted Dips : 1x11, 1x9 +30lbs Exceeded
Could have easily had 12 the first time and 10 the second. My hand aches something fierce from the direct pressure o
the outer pad. I need to get some tape to put on the dip handles. It'll thicken them up a little more too.

One Arm DB Rows : 2x10 +55lbs Met
Much more strict, with the same weight I did not twist at all this time. I will add some weight.
Need more weight, running out for big motions. I need new dumbells that don't suck.

TrapBar Shrugs : 1x20 150lbs Met
No problem. Got winded toward the end. Grip held out fine. I need to use more intensity next time!

I am tired and this workout ran too long. I'll do ab work tomorrow

Rest
Got 8 hours last night.

Notes and Revisions
Resting at 1600 calories my lifts continue to progress. With any luck I'll keep it up until it's time to begin raising the calories again today.

I tested my abdominals with calipers today and it is down 3mm since I began 2 1/2 weeks ago. I haven't been as strict as I'd like, so I think if I keep at it I will definitely have my goals! I take my ab pinch above my belly button and skewed to the left. I consider it the "center" of my abdominals. Some people said pinch to the right of the belly button, but since I've already began with this place, I am gonna finish here too. That way, I can monitor progress.

WannaBeStrong
07-08-2002, 06:54 AM
Saturday 07.05.2002
Not much going on. I've been practicing a lot with my band and it's hard to have any free time. We have a record label from Florida coming up to see us on Saturday. Joy!

Diet
I ate as best as I could for not being home. Oh well.

Workout Goals
n/a

Workout
I did COC singles with my #1. I officially closed the #1 to all but 1/16 inch today! I had a ruler near by ready to see. It didn't click so I won't count it as a close (like most people would). I will CRUSH THE LIVING HELL out of it this week with a full close.

Rest
Got ample sleep! 10 hours or more.

Notes and Revisions
I think I am going to stop kickboxing. It is conflicting with a lot of my current goals and time restraints. I hate to do it, but it is something that I need to do.

WannaBeStrong
07-09-2002, 10:00 AM
Monday 07.08.2002
Workout day!

Diet
My diet was 1500 calories for today. I probably got about 1300. :\
I drank half of my MRP but it made my stomach rumble a bunch so I poured the rest out. I think the packets were too old. I came in late so I didn't eat my cottage cheese+peach meal.

Workout Goals
n/a

Workout
I needed to workout quick because I was heading to the chiropractor so this week I am doing a back/bicep and chest/tricep/leg split instead of the usual full body deal. This is temporary.

Chinups 1x7, 1x6 +25lbs
WEAK.

TrapBar Shrugs 1x20 155lbs
Easy.

One-Arm Dumbell Rows 2x8, 2x9 60lbs
I got stronger the second set. Ha! No twisting!

My biceps weren't dead so I decided to try barbell curls.
Barbell Curls 1x10 80lbs, 1x6 85lbs
My forearms burned soo bad I couldn't finish. Biceps don't even feel like they were used.

Rest
Got 10 hours last night. Felt like **** this morning and had to skip work.

Notes and Revisions
I quit kickboxing yesterday. My lower back can't handle the shock from blocking kicks with my legs. Oh well. I will have less conflict with my training goals, I guess.

WannaBeStrong
07-16-2002, 06:29 AM

Life has been crazy lately but I've managed to keep my diet on track.

Yesterday I began taking Metabolift and Aspirin (ECA, essentially) to maintain metabolism throughout this low-calorie phase.

Here's an update:

Original Ab Pinch (my style): 16mm
Today's Ab Pinch (my style): 11.5mm

1.5mm to go!

"Recommended" Caliper Pinches
Abs: 15
Pec: 6
Quad: 16

According to a few 3 site measurements that was 11% bodyfat. I can't see my abs except for the outline so I think it's off a little bit. I can see my rib muscles (don't care to see what they're called) though! Odd I get those first...

Anyhow, my chest is looking great! The fat on the lower pec is still there but much much smaller.

This diet is working wonders. I am at 1400 calories this week. Next week is my last week and I will be 1300. If I am where I want to be I will slowly raise to maintenance, otherwise I will keep at it until I am. At ~155lbs I think it's about time for a bulk.

I haven't done much training with weights due to my band commitments. I will start again tonight!

I love you guys. ;)

WannaBeStrong
07-16-2002, 06:32 AM
Just to add to that post, before I started my journal I switched to "healthy eating mode" and lost some weight without counting calories. I just played it by ear. My ORIGINAL ab caliper pinch was around 35mm I believe. I was pretty fat. :) So that's a loss of a good 20mm on the abs so far.

Thanks for your support and all the great information here. I hope I've helped others as much as they've helped me.

WannaBeStrong
07-19-2002, 06:32 AM

Originally posted by WannaBeStrong
Current Stats
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 152lbs (morning weight)
Abdominal Caliper : 16mm

Short Term Goals
Height: 6'4" (ok, so it's a little late for that)
Weight: 145lbs (morning)
A.C. : 10mm
As of now I am all natural but I may do a test cut after my next bulk to get to a low BF.

Short Term Goal acheived 07.18.2002. My caliper pinch (which is not a typical one...I pinched upper ab area, but I am consistent) was 10mm last night. The best part...my weight is 150. w00t!

My "actual" ab pinch is a little under 15mm ;) I don't think that's none too shabby, especially with the beer I drank, heheh. :D I feel better!

I, however plan on continuing Phase One until the August 1 because I'd like to see more abs before I begin my bulk. I am about a week from it based on my calculations.

I will start a new journal when the time comes to begin phase two. It seems no one reads this one, so I'm not worried about keeping it going.