PDA

View Full Version : Eating During Workout

Bornslip
06-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Let's say you work your Chest and Arms in one session, would it matter if you took a 5 or 10-minute break between the Chest and arm workout to eat, say, a box of tuna?
Or would it be the same if you ate it after the workout?

This might be a really stupid question, but I'm just wondering... :rolleyes:

Btw, Welcome me to the forums :)

millertime
06-17-2002, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't eat during a worout. you may get cramps or throw up.

You buy tuna in a box?

ElPietro
06-17-2002, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure on the particular science but I believe after eating and the digestive process starts more blood will be drawn towards the stomach which will mean less blood to carry oxygen and energy to the muscles that require it during your workout.

Bornslip
06-17-2002, 02:13 PM
Thanks for you insight on this ElPietro, what you wrote made sense to me, so it more or less answered my question :)

Millertime,

I actually buy canned Tuna, not a box, literally, if that's what you were wondering... :p

Saint Patrick
06-17-2002, 02:46 PM
yeah, bad idea. Just eat before and after w/o.

NateDogg
06-17-2002, 04:08 PM
and...um...welcome :D

Maki Riddington
06-17-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro
I'm not sure on the particular science but I believe after eating and the digestive process starts more blood will be drawn towards the stomach which will mean less blood to carry oxygen and energy to the muscles that require it during your workout.

*** Even though that is true studies have shown that it has no effect on the muscles being worked.

Tiare
06-18-2002, 12:16 PM
Are you running out of energy when you are lifting or are you just asking in general? If you're running out of energy, some carbs might be a good idea but a better idea might be to look at your schedule because it's probably too much.

tudmuf2b
06-18-2002, 12:44 PM
I used to eat a power bar in the middle of a workout, but each and every time it made me wanna: http://www.rr-bb.com/images/smilies/puke.gif